LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is The Faithful Stone?

5 (Best)  
65%
  [ 13 ]  65%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

10%
  [ 2 ]  10%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
20%
  [ 4 ]  20%

Total Votes : 20
LunaticFringe
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:08 pm
"Strong is a deck thats so good at killing or burdening the fellowship that it wins quite easily. Discard isnt. Its boring."

Strong is a deck that wins consistently. Dwarf/Ork discard wins consistently when properly built. That is strong, whether you think it’s boring to play with or against, or not.
Gartax
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:54 pm
I can’t belive that someone is currently defending Faifull stone......

this card is wrong in design and his so much of a NPE that it is not event funny

at least when i play a discard deck once in a while i can at least laught at my oponnent face, now if i play faitfull stone what fun would i have???

WOW no skirmish your are screw i win.......

what game is that

and by the way evil man often need a few skrimish to win the game
and for uruk only the new even you do not know fear i can is worth while for tempest of war need to have a skirmish to make it work and orc discard condition ( aside from orc commander who will always leave one copy out at least ) are unefficient and useless....
Foresight
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:39 am
The card needs errata. I feel that the errata listed in this post would be sufficient for The Faithful Stone. It’s unique, it requires you to work for your Gondor tokens to be added on there, it can’t be reinforced with such cards as Guarded City for easy usage, and you have to discard it after you use it. I feel that’s best for this card.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
LeoKula
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:48 am
Depending on the amount of tokens you can gather, you win automatically at site 9...
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Foresight wrote:
The card needs errata. I feel that the errata listed in this post would be sufficient for The Faithful Stone. It’s unique, it requires you to work for your Gondor tokens to be added on there, it can’t be reinforced with such cards as Guarded City for easy usage, and you have to discard it after you use it. I feel that’s best for this card.

Agreed. Errata is all we need. Massive X-listing kills a host of new cards that would be just fine with a few tweaks. I despise mass X-ing.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
spartiatis
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:49 pm
Guys, do not forget that this card is merely a condition and all shadow decks can pack some way to discard it.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:52 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Agreed. Errata is all we need. Massive X-listing kills a host of new cards that would be just fine with a few tweaks. I despise mass X-ing.

Mass-errata kills the game and makes nobody want to play. An x-list is easier to remember than an errata list. There’s a fine line to tread between errata and x-list. Frenzy of Arrows needs banning, the Faithful stone can be erratad.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
LunaticFringe
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:39 pm
"I can’t belive that someone is currently defending Faifull stone......"

Discard is viable, to which has a single playable response- redundancy for fast setup. Meanwhile, each of the minion cultures has a specifically targeted out, all of them share an out, and TFS is more NPE than a Fellowship/Shadow combined discard? Please. Discard disrupts BOTH halves of a deck. TFS disrupts a shadow, and inconsistently at that.

"this card is wrong in design and his so much of a NPE that it is not event funny"

No more than concentrated discard. What part of laughing in someone’s face as you lock up both ends of his deck is any less NPE than playing a condition that his shadow should be carrying answers for?

"WOW no skirmish your are screw i win......."

WOW all your important cards are in the discard pile you are screwed I win...

But then, your opponent still has a Fellowship to run with against TFS.

"and by the way evil man often need a few skrimish to win the game "

By the way, no they don’t. Evil men archery consistently wins without skirmishing being necessary, and with the advent of Steward’s Tomb, it’s not even guaranteed a fellowship can survive through making a single sanctuary heal. Heck, they even have a stupid little threat generator in the form of Vengeful Wild Man that can either do more damage in the archery, or preload them for Dol Guldur to take off the conditions. And Dol Guldur is an action that can be repeated. It means TFS is trouble for one site. I’ll take not skirmishing for a turn- gives me extra vitality to make your little gnome statue disappear.

"tempest of war need to have a skirmish to make it work"

Shingle in a Storm, Mahur (Relentless Hunter), Lurtz (Halfling Hunter), and Barbaric Uruk can force skirmish. Shingle is reasonably splashable for Uruks given their resistance bonuses.

"orc discard condition ( aside from orc commander who will always leave one copy out at least ) are unefficient and useless...."

Are you nuts? Unreasonable Choice is one twilight, with a cancel for two. Storming the Ramparts is uncancellable and can be toiled down to zero. Dread and Despair is another free discard, in the shadow. How many times you think that Fellowship player wants to discard the top 6? What part of zero cost is inefficient? The fact that minions have to go into play first? Those minions are going to get to do damage since TFS goes to the discard pile.

Do you honestly think that even with four copies of TFS that a Gondor fellowship would be able to get around Forced March without any sort of resistance more than once? Four in play falls to Orc Raid Commander.

A card is hard to play against. So what? The metagame will resolve it in it’s natural course. Everybody complained about IB, and yet it didn’t win the monthly constructed tournaments. There are greater sources of NPE currently hampering this game than TFS that don’t get the hate and calls for errata because people "like" them. That’s crap.
Last edited by LunaticFringe on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
LunaticFringe
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:55 pm
"I feel that the errata listed in this post would be sufficient for The Faithful Stone"

Why would I exert a companion three times to have an openly discardable skirmish negation when I can exert that companion twice with IB to discard the minion outright? The errata you’ve made makes the card worthless because there are more answers in the shadow arsenal to conditions than there are to possessions. It’s a one of, it can’t be replenished, and to steal Gartax’s word, it’s "unefficient", when considering the cost of wound versus twilight. No one is going to take three wounds and have a shadow player take that sort of weapon away for free, leaving themselves with no chance for recovery. I’d pay an exertion in the manuver to remove the three tokens. The rest is too much to justify putting it in a deck.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:20 pm
I think that just making it unique and spot a Gondor man to discard the minion makes it better.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit