LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor?

5 (Best)  
96%
  [ 26 ]  96%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 27
Apopatos
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:35 pm
Yeah and as far as I know elves get a second card in T&D as well that will help them to get rid of threats!
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
Piecesofeight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:41 pm
Glorfindel is that card.
Dravius
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:48 am
In archery it is awesome, you can grab many miles as it was said, but you can also grab elven marksmanship when you remove a token.
OneFathom
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:12 pm
This card is broken. If you discard Ancient Blade to discard a minion, reconcile, remove a token to play to play Ancient Blade again, discard a minion, and reconcile, until all minions are discarded. Broken! Unless I am incorrect in my assumption you can play Ancient Blade back on a companion during the regroup phase only to discard it and play it again, this card is soon to be banned. Any thoughts???
LeoKula
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:21 am
well, out of the high airs does this all at once, and no one never said it was broken, and you can use it with ents and radagast, that’s pretty much distructive. Sméagol does it too with 2 burdens. And this way you’re saying you would have no minions but you would have 8 twilight tokens for 4 minions Smile not too friendly for a double move.

It’s not a broken combo, it’s maybe just a good combo. People seem to be missing the diference between good and broken these days.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:25 am
What I think is more broken with him is that Ancient Blade not only discards a minion, it also reconciles your hand. Combo this with Ranger of Osgiliath to get rid of all the cards you don’t want, and you can set up either a perfect Shadow hand or a perfect Free Peoples hand. With Secluded Homestead, you can reconcile even more (although you won’t be discarding minion).

Oh, and with Leaving Forever, Gil-galad basically says "Remove an Elven token to discard a condition". Sick

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
LeoKula
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:38 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

Oh, and with Leaving Forever, Gil-galad basically says "Remove an Elven token to discard a condition". Sick

- AC

Now we’re talking Cheers
Foresight
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:55 am
Those are some good combos, I like ’em! To remedy the huge twilight adding of playing Ancient Blade over and over again, I think I’ll use Gandalf with Gandalf’s Hat. Smile Not in the same league as using Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood with Steadfast Champion, but it’s a powerful combination nonetheless.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
LeoKula wrote:

It’s not a broken combo, it’s maybe just a good combo. People seem to be missing the diference between good and broken these days.

Excellent point. This combo is good, not broken. Man, with Elven Supplies, that’s a good deck, though! Especially because you can use it to set up an ideal Shadow hand.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:26 pm
I can’t say this card is broken, but I do think that Elves should never have such easy condition recursion. Recursion should not be an Elven strength, except when it comes to events. If he’d just had the event text, he’d still be great. The condition thing is a bit too much for me.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit