LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor?

5 (Best)  
96%
  [ 26 ]  96%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 27
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if they upped it to say 2 tokens it would even be more balanced. it is still not broken IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:40 pm
Wow, T&D are really coming out with crazy cards. Shocked But nontheless, I still like it! A 5 from me. Mr. Green
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
Definitely a 5 from me. He needs errata stating "Once per phase" on both special abilities
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:36 pm
Gandalf’s Evil Twin wrote:
Definitely a 5 from me. He needs errata stating "Once per phase" on both special abilities

Now whyever would we do that?

I’ve playtested my elvents with Gil-galad about a million times this weekend, and the first ability doesn’t seem overpowered. However, I haven’t tried the second one much yet (he’s in my elvents, not tokens Razz ) so maybe that might need an erata. Especially with Ancient Blade.

I run a HUGE Elvent/Lurker Swarm deck with this dude, and I adore the ability to bring back Alliance Reforged every turn. Amazing cycling!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:41 pm
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
Quote:
Gandalf’s Evil Twin wrote:

Now whyever would we do that?

I’ve playtested my elvents with Gil-galad about a million times this weekend, and the first ability doesn’t seem overpowered. However, I haven’t tried the second one much yet (he’s in my elvents, not tokens Razz ) so maybe that might need an erata. Especially with Ancient Blade.

I run a HUGE Elvent/Lurker Swarm deck with this dude, and I adore the ability to bring back Alliance Reforged every turn. Amazing cycling!

I agree the first part probably doesn’t need errata. But the second part needs some work... Maybe Remove 2 Elven tokens instead of just one. Think
Foresight
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:35 pm
Or "Remove an Elven token to play an Elven condition from your discard pile that does not have a regroup phase action." That would take the whole trouble out of weither or not to ban Ancient Blade/ Secluded Homestead since this Gil-Galad is nearly in the same league as Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood with Steadfast Champion. And look what happend to that card!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 am
Foresight wrote:
Or "Remove an Elven token to play an Elven condition from your discard pile that does not have a regroup phase action." That would take the whole trouble out of weither or not to ban Ancient Blade/ Secluded Homestead since this Gil-Galad is nearly in the same league as Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood with Steadfast Champion. And look what happend to that card!

Yes it would, but I don’t like it - it’s too complicated. In all honesty, I don’t think he should have the second ability. Remove it, and it works for me, or make it harder to pull off (2 tokens isn’t a bad idea).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Apopatos
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 am
I rarely complain about cards but his second ability is ridiculously powerful. He should say "take in hand" no "play"!
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:41 am
Apopatos wrote:
I rarely complain about cards but his second ability is ridiculously powerful. He should say "take in hand" no "play"!

Wow Apopatos complaining about a card? There MUST be something wrong with it! Very Happy
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Apopatos wrote:

Wow Apopatos complaining about a card? There MUST be something wrong with it! Very Happy

Guess! I have one more but it is not for today... Wink
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit