LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Just to butt in here real quick --

I’m all for making a list of mistakes that should be brought to Decipher’s attention, and in fact I started a similar thread myself back before the Rise of Saruman release.

However, if you’re going for an "official" list of mistakes (the kind of thing that should be stickied Wink), please keep it completely objective. Ambiguous wording, game text that doesn’t work, etc. -- NOT cards that seem too powerful, or could have been slightly better with certain modifications.

Personally I would suggest restricting this thread to objective mistakes, and creating a new one for discussion of balance issues.

Cheers,
Conor
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:27 am
Ok doke Cobra will remove Gothmog even though he’s CLEARLY broken. Very Happy

Ill change to cards with wrong gametext etc..
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:27 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Don’t forget to add Destroyers and Usurpers to the "section of broken-ness"
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:14 am
Edit: Added Grond and Whispers in the Dark
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:21 am
Perspective should be added to the broken list IMO.
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:27 am
Of course d'oh! Silly me, cheers AP!
corvus
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:20 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I think you got sth wrong here. With the Sting of Shelob, you cannot do the i-can’t-return-the-ring-bearer-to-hand thingy. Just like you can’t prevent Boromir’s wounds when he is assigned to a skirmish with a sappling of the white tree. You have to be able to completely pay both costs. I think...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Anvar
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm
corvus wrote:
I think you got sth wrong here. With the Sting of Shelob, you cannot do the i-can’t-return-the-ring-bearer-to-hand thingy. Just like you can’t prevent Boromir’s wounds when he is assigned to a skirmish with a sappling of the white tree. You have to be able to completely pay both costs. I think...

I agree that it can’t be done, but it isn’t a cost. I believe that the rule is when given a choice, you have to choose the option that you can perform. If you choose the Ring-bearer as one of the companions, since you can’t return him to your hand, you have to kill him and return the other one.

I believe this is covered by the rules,
Anvar
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Another reason Grond needs errata-ing...

The rules don’t state that the RB can’t be removed from the game. What’s to prevent the Shadow player from removing the RB from the game, and thus preventing a win at Site 9?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:11 pm
Is the ring-bearer a Free Peoples card?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit