LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:05 pm
Thranduil wrote:
elf lvr wrote:
1 Counter-spell Moria
Condition * Support Area
Each time you play a card that spots or exerts the Balrog, you may exert a companion.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays a spell, you may discard this condition and spot another Moria card to cancel that spell and discard it.
"’The counter-spell was terrible. It nearly broke me.’"

You don’t need the discarding bit at the end of the response, events are always discarded once played. As for the first ability, it firstly NEEDS to be unique, and secondly is a little ambiguous. I suggest this wording: ’Each time you play a card that spots or exerts the Balrog as part of the cost of that card...’ and I also might let the FP player choose the exertion or bring the cost up to 2.

Well... there are some conditions that are spells floating around, and this card can discard those, that’s why I put in the discard part.

And I think the wording is okay. There is a Raider card with a similar ability that’s worded the same.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
1 A Matchless Foe Moria
Condition
Bearer must be the Balrog.
At the start of each skirmish involving the Balrog, you may exert it to discard a hand weapon or ranged weapon borne by the companion it is skirmishing.
Skirmish: If the Balrog is skirmishing a companion of strength 13 or more, exert it to make it strength +2.
`Swords are no more use here. Go!’
nice

4 Some Bought Time Gandalf
Event * Response
Spell. Toil 2.
If an opponent plays a minion, exert Gandalf to return that minion to it’s owner’s hand.
Suddenly at the top of the stair there was a stab of white light. Then there was a dull rumble and a heavy thud.
nice!

2 Shadow’s Perception Moria
Event * Shadow
Exert the Balrog to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Discard a revealed skirmish event or spell (and, if the fellowship is in region 3, discard a condition from play).
Then something came into the chamber – I felt it through the door, and the orcs themselves were afraid and fell silent. It laid hold of the iron ring, and then it perceived me and my spell.
nice! but cut cost to 1

1 *Counter-spell Moria
Condition * Support Area
Each time you play a card that spots or exerts the Balrog, you may exert a companion.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays a spell, you may discard this condition and spot another Moria card to cancel that spell and discard it.
"’The counter-spell was terrible. It nearly broke me.’"
works

2 Shadows and Flame Moria
Event * Maneuver
Exert the Balrog to shuffle your hand into your draw deck and draw 4 cards and replace the fellowship’s current site with a site from your adventure path.
Something dark as a cloud was blocking out all the light inside, and I was thrown backwards down the stairs.
then replace the fellowships...

3 Bloodred Host Moria
Event * Maneuver
Discard any number of Moria minions to make each Moria minion token strength +2 for each minion discarded in this way.
Beyond the fire he saw swarming black figures: there seemed to be hundreds of orcs. They brandished spears and scimitars which shone red as blood in the firelight.

I still don’t get the minion token thing...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:00 pm
14 *The Balrog, Strangling Snake Moria
Minion * Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site: 5
Fierce. Enduring.
Each time the Balrog loses a skirmish, you may make it damage +2 until the regroup phase.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays an event, heal the Balrog to cancel that event.
His fire was quenched, but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake.

1 *The Balrog’s Sword, Leaping Flame Moria
Artifact * Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Bearer must be the Balrog. If the Balrog is not in a fierce skirmish, bearer is damage +1.
Regroup: Discard a Moria card from hand to exert an unwounded companion.
From out of the shadow a red sword leaped flaming.

2 *Rising Flame Moria
Condition * Support Area
When you play this condition, add 3 Moria tokens here.
Each time you play a unique Moria minion, you may remove a Moria token from here to make that minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
The flames roared up to greet it, and wreathed about it; and a black smoke swirled in the air. Its streaming mane kindled, and blazed behind it.

2 *Glamdring, Cold White Flame Gandalf
Artifact * Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be Gandalf. While skirmishing a unique minion, he is strength +1 and damage +1.
Response: If bearer is placed in the dead pile, remove this card from the game to heal each fellowship companion.
In his other hand Glamdring gleamed, cold and white.

1 *Goblin Stone-Thrower Moria
Possession * Support Area
When you play this possession, add 2 Moria tokens here.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 1, remove a Moria token from here to wound a companion.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 2, remove a Moria token from here to exert a companion.
Stones began to fall from the mountain-side, whistling over their heads, or crashing on the path beside them. Every now and again they heard a dull rumble, as a great boulder rolled down from hidden heights above.

0 Tricks of the Wind Moria
Event * Shadow
Spot a Moria card to add 1. When you play this event, you may reveal your hand. If no minions are revealed in this way, you may take up to 3 Moria minions from your discard pile into hand.
It may have been only a trick of the wind in the cracks and gullies of the rocky wall, but the sounds were those of shrill cries, and wild howls of laughter.

And that’s all of the cards in Rise of the Ring based on the fellowship’s journey to Moria. Let’s get back to Beren and Luthien now, shall we?

No, wait, before I forget, here a few cards that introduce a strategy for Black minions to come... I just happened to stuble across the lores in FotR and TTT and had to use them before I forgot.

4 Nameless Fear Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
This minion is strength +1 for each threat you can spot.
Regroup: Discard this minion to add a threat.
Far, far below the deepest delving of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.

3 Shadow in the Deeps Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
Skirmish: Exert 3 Black minions to add 3 threats. When this minion is discarded, remove 3 threats.
Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he.

3 Leagueless Fiend Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 4
Vitality: 1
This minion is strength +2 for each threat.
There are many evil and unfriendly things in the world that have little love for those that go on two legs, and yet are not in league with Sauron, but have purposes of their own.

1 *Depths Beyond Knowlege Black
Condition
To play, spot a Black Creature. Plays on a site.
Each time the fellowship moves to or from this site, add a threat.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Black minion strength +2 (or strength +1 for each threat you can spot if skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less).
Now I have walked there, but I will bring no report to darken the light of day.
Last edited by elf lvr on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:08 am
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Balrog
Fierce. Enduring.
Each time the Balrog loses a skirmish, you may make it damage +2 until the regroup phase.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays an event, heal the Balrog to cancel that event.
His fire was quenched, but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake.

Really tenuous subtitle EL. Other than that very nice. I might change the damage +2 to last til the end of the turn as if he loses the fierce skirmish it wont matter, this way people wont move past him (if they ever felt daft enough anyway)

Artifact * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be the Balrog. If bearer is not in a fierce skirmish, bearer is damage +1.

Dont say bearer as it can only be roggy. "If The Balrog is not.... it is ....."
Sweeeeet though.

2 *Rising Flame Moria
Condition * Support Area
This condition comes into play with 3 Moria tokens on it.
Each time you play a unique Moria minion, you may remove a Moria token from here to make that minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
The flames roared up to greet it, and wreathed about it; and a black smoke swirled in the air. Its streaming mane kindled, and blazed behind it.

Phrase it when you play this condition put 3 tokens here. Very cool card.

Artifact * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Gandalf. While skirmishing a unique minion, he is strength +1 and damage +1.
Response: If bearer is placed in the dead pile, remove this card from the game to heal each fellowship companion.

Nice, would have to think long and hard about choice of glamdring with this addition. Might make it +2 and dmg +1 to make it proper useful.

0 *Goblin Stone-Thrower Moria
This possession comes into play with 2 Moria tokens on it.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 1, remove a Moria token from here to wound a companion.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 2, remove a Moria token from here to exert a companion.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 3, discard this possession to discard a possession.
Stones began to fall from the mountain-side, whistling over their heads, or crashing on the path beside them. Every now and again they heard a dull rumble, as a great boulder rolled down from hidden heights above.

You would have to double the size of the cards to fit all that on. See earlier point about phrasing. Excellent idea but should cost 1 or 2.

Event * Shadow
Spot a Moria card to add 1. When you play this event, you may reveal your hand. If no minions are revealed in this way, you may take up to 5 Moria minions from your discard pile into hand.
It may have been only a trick of the wind in the cracks and gullies of the rocky wall, but the sounds were those of shrill cries, and wild howls of laughter.

FIVE? Wo cut that down a bit. Would also cut the "in this way" text. Smart card principle.

4 Nameless Fear Black
Minion * Creature
Far, far below the deepest delving of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.

Erm ok.

Minion * Creature
Skirmish: Exert 3 Black minions to add 3 threats. When this minion is discarded, remove 3 threats.

Bit of a reprint but ok.

3 Leagueless Fiend Black
Minion * Creature
There are many evil and unfriendly things in the world that have little love for those that go on two legs, and yet are not in league with Sauron, but have purposes of their own.

Cool.

Condition
To play, spot a Black minion. Plays on a site.
Skirmish: discard this condition to make a Black minion strength +2 (or strength +1 for each threat you can spot if skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less).

Excellent card.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Balrog
Fierce. Enduring.
interesting, he benefits from losing.

Artifact * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be the Balrog. If the Balrog is not in a fierce skirmish, bearer is damage +1.
you could say he is damage +1

2 *Rising Flame Moria
Condition * Support Area
works.

Artifact * Hand Weapon
FELLOWSHIP!

cool!

Event * Shadow
Spot a Moria card to add 1. When you play this event, you may reveal your hand. If no minions are revealed in this way, you may take up to 3 Moria minions from your discard pile into hand.
cool!

4 Nameless Fear Black
Minion * Creature
cool

Minion * Creature
works.

3 Leagueless Fiend Black
Minion * Creature
leagueless isn’t a word Wink cut cost to 2

Condition
Skirmish: discard this condition to make a Black minion strength +2 (or strength +1 for each threat you can spot if skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less).

misspelled knowledge.

remember when Menace was planning to do a fourth age set where the unnamed things came up and fought against aragorn and rohan?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:57 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Balrog
Fierce. Enduring.

Make sure to capitalize "The" in the text whenever it’s in front of "Balrog", as it’s part of his title. I like it, though.

elf lvr wrote:
Artifact * Hand Weapon

Same note on "The", and SoP makes a good point: it should be either "he is damage +1" or perhaps "it is damage +1".

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Rising Flame Moria
Condition * Support Area

Nifty. I’d require spotting a Moria minion to add those intial tokens.

elf lvr wrote:
Artifact * Hand Weapon

It might be cooler (and a LITTLE more balanced) to give him hunter 1 instead of strength +1 in that first part. And instead of "bearer", just say "Gandalf". AWESOME use of fellowship...why couldn’t Big D have done something like this?

elf lvr wrote:

No way that would fit on one card. Razz Did you realize that right now, the token removal and exerting it mandatory? You might want to say "Response: If" instead of "Each time".

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Shadow

Interesting.

elf lvr wrote:
4 Nameless Fear Black
Minion * Creature

Wonder what the picture would look like.... Think

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature

Awesome.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Leagueless Fiend Black
Minion * Creature

Good. I’m liking this bunch of guys...absolutely BRUTAL against Gondor Wraiths. Twisted Evil

elf lvr wrote:
Condition

Maybe limit it to a Black Creature. Make sure to capitalize "Discard" at the start of the skirmish ability.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:52 pm
2 *Edrahil, Loyal Companion Blue
Companion * Elf
Strength: 6
Resistance: 6
To play, spot a Blue Elf.
While you can spot Finrod, Edrahil is strength +1 and resistance +1.
Skirmish: Exert Edrahil to make a Gondor or Elven companion strength +2.
’For you remain my king, and theirs,’ he said, ’whatever betide.’

1 *Orodreth, Brother to Finrod Blue
Follower
Resistance: +1
Aid - 2
When this follower is transfered to a companion besides an Elf, discard 2 cards from hand.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and spot a Gondor or Elven companion to draw 2 cards (limit 2).
Then Felagund gave the crown of Nargothrond to Orodreth his brother to govern in his stead; and Celegorm and Curufin said nothing, but they smiled and went from the halls.

2 Plunder Blue
Condition * Support Area
Each time a Shadow possession is discarded (except during the regroup phase), you may stack that possession here.
Skirmish: Discard a card stacked here to make an Elf strength +2.
Beneath the Shadowy Mountains they came upon a company of Orcs, and slew them all in their camp by night; and they took their gear and their weapons.

2 Foul Disguises Blue
Condition * Support Area
Spell.
Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving a Blue Elf, you may stack that minion here.
Response: If an Elf is about to take a wound, discard a minion stacked here to prevent that wound.
By the arts of Felagund their own forms and faces were changed into the likeness of Orcs; and thus disguised they came far upon their northward road...
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:06 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Very very nice, but probably too good. Maybe cost 3 or reduce the ability to +1.

elf lvr wrote:
Follower
Aid - 2
When this follwer is transfered to a companion besides an Elf, discard 2 cards from hand.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and spot a Gondor or Elven companion to draw 2 cards (limit 2).
Then Felagund gave the crown of Nargothrond to Orodreth his brother to govern in his stead; and Celegorm and Curufin said nothing, but they smiled and went from the halls.

There’s a crucial ’o’ missing in ’follwer’, and ’besides’ should be ’except’. It’s interesting, but not sure how useful it is.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Plunder Blue
Condition * Support Area
Each time a shadow possession is discarded (except during the regroup phase), you may stack that possession here.
Beneath the Shadowy Mountains they came upon a company of Orcs, and slew them all in their camp by night; and they took their gear and their weapons.

Very interesting. Nice one.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Foul Disguises Blue
Condition * Support Area
Spell.
Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving a Blue Elf, you may stack that minion here.
Response: If an Elf is about to take a wound, discard a minion stacked here to prevent that wound.
By the arts of Felagund their own forms and faces were changed into the likeness of Orcs; and thus disguised they came far upon their northward road...

Clever, though this one is probably a lot better than the other one. Maybe the first should cost 1?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:11 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Very powerful, but good card.

Follower
Aid - 2
When this follwer is transfered to a companion besides an Elf, discard 2 cards from hand.

Follwer typo. Its ok.

2 Plunder Blue
Condition * Support Area
Each time a shadow possession is discarded (except during the regroup phase), you may stack that possession here.

Hmmm intriguing idea, nice.

2 Foul Disguises Blue
Condition * Support Area
Spell.

Ouch kicks goblin hordes ass cos youre stealing the orcs, contentious issue like above. Nice idea though.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:35 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Make him spot another Blue companion (or perhaps a couple general Blue cards), and he’s perfect.

elf lvr wrote:
Follower
Aid - 2

Other than Thran’s grammar fixes, it looks fine to me. Heck, I might consider transferring it to non-Elves to help hand clogging. Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
2 Plunder Blue
Condition * Support Area

I think "Shadow" should be capitalized...kind of a gray area there. I LOVE this card...might add something like that for my Moria culture, actually. GP

elf lvr wrote:
2 Foul Disguises Blue
Condition * Support Area
Spell.

Perhaps limit the strength or vitality of that minion; "Each time a minion with 10 or less strength is killed...", "Each time a minion with 3 or less printed vitality is killed...". Something along those lines.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards