LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:46 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
2 The Leap of Beren Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Tale.
Exert a Gondor man (or spot Beren) to exhaust a mounted minion. Then, you may discard a mount.
Beren sprang from before Celegorm full upon the speeding horse of Curufin that had passed him. He took Curufin by the throat from behind, and hurled him backward, and they fell to the ground.

I love it, as it almost a guaranteed instant-death to a mounted minion. However, I agree with lem0n: add some simple alternate text. Perhaps change it to:

Exert a Gondor Man (or spot Beren) to exert a minion (or exhaust that minion if it is mounted). Then, you may discard a mount.

elf lvr wrote:
1 *Noldorin Hunting Knife Blue
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be Beren or Curufin. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Exert bearer (or discard this possession) to discard a possession borne by a minon he is skirmishing.
Iron it would cleave as if it were green wood.

Looks good to me.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Arts of Healing Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot an Elf and add a threat (or exert an Elf) to heal 2 other companions.
By her arts and by her love she healed him; and thus at last they returned to Doriath.

Reminds me of Silvarin somehow. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
all look good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:27 pm
Took Dain’s idea on The Leap of Beren, so GP for that.

More to come!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:52 pm
1 *The Song of Parting Gondor
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
To play, exert Beren or Luthien.
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor tale from play (or from your hand) to heal an Elven companion.
Skirmish: Discard an Elven tale from play (or from your hand) to make a Gondor Man strength +2.
Though all to ruin fell the world/and were dissolved and backward hurled/unmade into the old abyss,/yet were its making good, for this-/the dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea-/that Lúthien for a time should be.

2 Foulest of Forms Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot an Elf and an exhausted companion to prevent that companion from taking wounds until the regroup phase. The first Shadow player may discard 2 shadow cards from hand to prevent this.
As they ran northward again, and he took thence the ghastly wolf-hame of Draugluin, and she the bat-fell of Thuringwethil.

9 *Thuringwethil, Messenger of Sauron Sauron
Minion * Vampire
Strength: 16
Vitality: 3
Site: 6
Fierce.
Each time Thuringwethil is assigned to skirmish a wounded companion, you may draw 3 cards.
Skirmish: Remove 3 threats to make a companion skirmishing Thuringwethil strength -3.
Her great fingered wings were barbed at each joint’s end with and iron claw.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
2 *The Song of Parting Gondor
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish: Discard a tale from play (or from your hand) to heal an Elven companion.
Skirmish: Discard a tale from play (or from your hand) to make a Gondor Man strength +2.
Though all to ruin fell the world/and were dissolved and backward hurled/unmade into the old abyss,/yet were its making good, for this-/the dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea-/that Lúthien for a time should be.
nice

2 Foulest of Forms Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot an Elf and an exhausted companion to prevent that companion from taking wounds until the regroup phase. The first shadow player may discard 2 shadow cards from hand to prevent this.
As they ran northward again, and he took thence the ghastly wolf-hame of Draugluin, and she the bat-fell of Thuringwethil.
I am debating its balance but I think it works.

Minion * Vampire
Fierce.
Each time Thuringwethil is assigned to skirmish a wounded companion, you may draw 3 cards.
Skirmish: Remove 3 threats to make a companion skirmishing Thuringwethil strength -3.

maybe or discard 3 cards...
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:55 am
elf lvr wrote:
2 *The Song of Parting Gondor
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish: Discard a tale from play (or from your hand) to heal an Elven companion.
Skirmish: Discard a tale from play (or from your hand) to make a Gondor Man strength +2.

How about if it was Gondor tale to heal Elven and Elven tale to boost Gondor? Then you could bring the cost down to 1 as well.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Foulest of Forms Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot an Elf and an exhausted companion to prevent that companion from taking wounds until the regroup phase. The first shadow player may discard 2 shadow cards from hand to prevent this.

’Shadow’ should always be capitalised, but a nice card otherwise.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Vampire
Fierce.

I think her name is stupid, but that’s not your fault! SoP’s idea is very interesting - I’d think about it.

GP for these cards and those from the last battle which were all fantastic!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:15 pm
Thranduil wrote:

I think his name is stupid, but that’s not your fault! SoP’s idea is very interesting - I’d think about it.

GP for these cards and those from the last battle which were all fantastic!

Thranduil

HER name

HER great fingered wings were barbed at each joint’s end with and iron claw.
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:29 am
Good point. Should have read that, shouldn’t I? Embarassed

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:43 pm
innocent mistake Wink
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:22 pm
0 Gates of Angband [Site]
The twilight cost of the first Black minion played at this site is -3.

2 Black Serpent Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 7
Vitality: 1
Site: 4
Each time a companion takes a wound in a skirmish involving this minion (except for from this minion’s game text), you may remove a threat to wound that companion again.
Maneuver: Discard 3 cards from hand to prevent the Free Peoples player from assigning this minion to skirmish.
Black chasms opened beside the road, whence forms as of writhing serpents issued.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards