LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 am
elf lvr wrote:
0 Gates of Angband [Site]
The twilight cost of the first Black minion played at this site is -3.

Maybe -3 is a bit much. -2 might be better.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Black Serpent Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 7
Vitality: 1
Site: 4
Each time a companion takes a wound in a skirmish involving this minion, you may remove a threat to wound that companion again.
Maneuver: Discard 3 cards from hand to prevent the Free Peoples player from assigning this minion to skirmish.
Black chasms opened beside the road, whence forms as of writhing serpents issued.

There’s a crucial ’a’ missing in the second ability between ’to’ and ’skirmish’. I’m a bit worried about the auto-death caused by this guy’s first ability and would prefer a limit.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:26 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:

Good combo with your Morgoth. Twisted Evil I somewhat agree with Thran...I’d do something like this:

The twilight cost of the first Black minion played at this site is -2 (or -3 if that minion’s printed cost is 10 or more).

elf lvr wrote:
2 Black Serpent Black
Minion * Creature
Each time a companion takes a wound in a skirmish involving this minion, you may remove a threat to wound that companion again.
Maneuver: Discard 3 cards from hand to prevent the Free Peoples player from assigning this minion to skirmish.
Black chasms opened beside the road, whence forms as of writhing serpents issued.

I’d limit the first ability to once per skirmish and change it to a response action. I might change the second ability to discarding a single Black card, but only while you have initiative. Up to you.

Oh, and it should probably cost 3.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
noice

2 Black Serpent Black
Minion * Creature

maybe in the maneuver ability or add a threat
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:20 am
5 Deathcall Black
Event * Maneuver
Exert 2 Black minions to exert each companion. The Free Peoples player may place an exhausted companion in the dead pile to prevent this.
On either hand the cliffs stood as embattled walls, and upon them sat carrion fowl crying with fell voices.

0 Spell of Sleeping Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot 2 Elves (or Luthien) to prevent a minion from being assigned to skirmish until the regroup phase. The Free Peoples player must choose to move on again this turn (if the move limit allows).
Lifting up her hand she commanded him to sleep, saying: ’O woe-begotten spirit, fall now into dark oblivion, and forget for a while the dreadful doom of life.’ And Carcharoth was felled, as though lightning had smitten him.

Any shadow that makes you double-move (or decreases the move limit) won’t like this card. And... well, if you were planning on moving anyways...

2 Divine Might Elven
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Gandalf Wizard or a Spirit companion to make an Elven Elf strength +3 and damage +1.
But suddenly some power, descended from of old from divine race, possessed Lúthien, and casting back her foul raiment she stood forth, small before the might of Carcharoth, but radiant and terrible.

2 *Throne of Angbad Black
Artifact * Support Area
Each time a companion is killed in a skirmish involving a Black minion, after all threat wounds have been placed, add a threat.
While you can spot a Black minion and 4 or more threats, each unbound companion is resistance -2.
They came to the seat of Morgoth in his nethermost hall that was upheld by horror, lit by fire, and filled with weapons of death and torment.

1 *Morgoth’s Gaze Black
Condition * Support Area
At the start of the Maneuver phase, you may exert Morgoth (or remove 2 threats) to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Discard a Spell revealed.
Lúthien was stripped of her disguise by the will of Morgoth, and he bent his gaze upon her.

2 The Radiance of Heaven Blue
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Exert a Blue Elf (or spot Luthien) and spot the Silmarils to wound a minion twice (or discard a Black minion).
The Silmarils in the crown on Morgoth’s head blazed forth suddenly with a radiance of white flame; and the burden of that crown and of the jewels bowed down his head, as though the world were set upon it, laden with a weight of care, of fear, and of desire, that even the will of Morgoth could not support.

3 Thrown Down Like Thunder Elven
Event * Skirmish
Spell.
Cancel a skirmish involving an Elven Elf. Each minion in that skirmish loses all keywords and game text and then gains fierce until the regroup phase.
Suddenly he fell, as a hill sliding in avalanche, and hurled like thunder from his throne lay prone upon the floors of hell. The iron crown rolled echoing from his head. All things were still.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
5 Deathcall Black
Event * Maneuver
Exert 2 Black minions to exert each companion. The Free Peoples player may place an exhausted companion in the dead pile to prevent this.
On either hand the cliffs stood as embattled walls, and upon them sat carrion fowl crying with fell voices.
cool

Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Spot 2 Elves (or Luthien) to prevent a minion from being assigned to skirmish until the regroup phase. The Free Peoples player must choose to move on again this turn (if the move limit allows).
Lifting up her hand she commanded him to sleep, saying: ’O woe-begotten spirit, fall now into dark oblivion, and forget for a while the dreadful doom of life.’ And Carcharoth was felled, as though lightning had smitten him.
nice!

2 Divine Might Elven
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Gandalf Wizard or a Spirit companion to make an Elven Elf strength +3 and damage +1.
But suddenly some power, descended from of old from divine race, possessed Lúthien, and casting back her foul raiment she stood forth, small before the might of Carcharoth, but radiant and terrible.
works

Artifact * Support Area
Each time a companion dies in a skirmish involving a Black minion, after all threat wounds have been placed, add a threat.
While you can spot 3 or more threats, each unbound companion is resistance -2.
They came to the seat of Morgoth in his nethermost hall that was upheld by horror, lit by fire, and filled with weapons of death and torment.
I wuv it

1 *Morgoth’s Gaze Black
Condition * Support Area
At the start of the Maneuver phase, you may exert Morgoth (or remove 2 threats) to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Discard a Spell revealed.
Lúthien was stripped of her disguise by the will of Morgoth, and he bent his gaze upon her.
maybe spell or gandalf card

3 The Radiance of Heaven Blue
Event * Maneuver
Spell.
Exert a Blue Elf (or spot Luthien) and spot the Silmarils to wound a minion twice (or discard a Black minion).
The Silmarils in the crown on Morgoth’s head blazed forth suddenly with a radiance of white flame; and the burden of that crown and of the jewels bowed down his head, as though the world were set upon it, laden with a weight of care, of fear, and of desire, that even the will of Morgoth could not support.
cut cost to 2

Event * Skirmish
Spell.
Cancel a skirmish involving an Elven Elf. Each minion in that skirmish loses all keywords and game text until the regroup phase.
Suddenly he fell, as a hill sliding in avalanche, and hurled like thunder from his throne lay prone upon the floors of hell. The iron crown rolled echoing from his head. All things were still.

works for me
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:30 am
elf lvr wrote:
5 Deathcall Black
Event * Maneuver

Hmmm seems the get out clause is even nastier than the effect. Discard maybe not dead pile.

Event * Maneuver
Spell.

Cool.

2 Divine Might Elven
Event * Skirmish

Sweet.

Artifact * Support Area
Each time a companion dies in a skirmish involving a Black minion, after all threat wounds have been placed, add a threat.
While you can spot 3 or more threats, each unbound companion is resistance -2.

Phrase "is killed" not dies. Make it 4 or more threats. Needs cultural enforcement on the second part.

1 *Morgoth’s Gaze Black
Condition * Support Area

Cool.

2 The Radiance of Heaven Blue
Event * Maneuver
Spell.

Should cost 3, its VERY powerful.

Event * Skirmish
Spell.
Cancel a skirmish involving an Elven Elf. Each minion in that skirmish loses all keywords and game text until the regroup phase.

Too good. If ur going to not even exert to cancel it and not require anything else you need to make the minion fierce or something not additionally make the minion worse.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:31 am
I pretty much entirely agree with lem0n’s comments.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:03 pm
I argue with Lem0n on radiance of heaven. You need a elf, AND The simirills to wound a minion twice. getting the simarils out could be ...difficult.
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:07 pm
1 Rainsong Elven
Condition * Support Area
Spell.
When you play this condition, add an Elven token here.
Each time a token here is reinforced, you may take a spell from your discard pile into hand.
Then Lúthien catching up her winged robe sprang into the air, and her voice came dropping down like rain into pools, profound and dark.

5 Thieving the Silmarils Gondor
Event * Fellowship
Exert Beren twice to play X artifacts from your discard pile. Then, choose a shadow player who must discard X shadow cards.
Then he drew forth the knife Angrist; and from the iron claws that held it he cut a Silmaril.

2 Consuming Fire Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Spot an artifact to make a Gondor man strength +2; or discard an artifact to cancel a skirmish involving a Gondor man.
’Get you gone, and fly!’ cried Beren; ’for here is a fire that shall consume you, and all evil things.’ And he thrust the Silmaril before the eyes of the wolf.

1 Waking Shadow Black
Event * Response
If the Free Peoples player plays an event, spot a Black card to cancel that event. Then, play a minion from your discard pile; its twilight cost is -X, where X is the twilight cost of the canceled event. If that minion was played during the skirmish phase, it is fierce until the regroup phase.
The hosts of Morgoth were awakened.
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:53 am; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:17 am
elf lvr wrote:
1 Rainsong Elven
Condition * Support Area
Spell.
When you play this condition, add an Elven token here.
Each time a token here is reinforced, you may take a spell from your discard pile into hand.
Then Lúthien catching up her winged robe sprang into the air, and her voice came dropping down like rain into pools, profound and dark.

Interesting. Ok.

5 Thieving the Silmarils Gondor
Event * Fellowship
Exert Beren twice to play X artifacts from your discard plie. Then, choose a shadow player who must discard X shadow cards.
Then he drew forth the knife Angrist; and from the iron claws that held it he cut a Silmaril.

Fine.

2 Consuming Fire Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Spot an artifact to make a Gondor man strength +2; or discard an artifact to cancel a skirmish involving a Gondor man.
’Get you gone, and fly!’ cried Beren; ’for here is a fire that shall consume you, and all evil things.’ And he thrust the Silmaril before the eyes of the wolf.

Dunno if gondor should cancel skirmishes. Its a good card but its not the theme of gondor. They fight not run off.

1 Waking Shadow Black
Event * Response
If the Free Peoples player plays an event, cancel that event. Then, play a minion from your discard pile; its twilight cost is -X, where X is the twilight cost of the cancelled event. If that minion was played during the skirmish phase, it is fierce until the regroup phase.
The hosts of Morgoth were awakened.

Wow. Erm. Sweet! Is it meant to have NO cultural enforcement?

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards