LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:48 pm
So, i thought I’d get back to making some DCs again. This is sort of a small expansion dealing with the eagles. I’m not sure how big this will be, but i assure you there is at least one interesting machanic that will show up with these eagles.

by the way, i’ll try to generously reward GP to faithful/constructive reviewers.

The basic strategy is the run, as eagles are really fast swift, but there will also be one or two sub-strategies as well. The playability of the eagles will be pretty limited, and they will be part of the Gandalf culture. this expansion will also feature some support cards and characters which may or may not be part of the Gandalf culture. there may be multiple cards for the same characters as well, so this should be fun!

so let’s kick this pig:

4Gandalf, Friend to Strange Folk Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
While you can spot an Eagle, Gandalf is resistance +2.
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions.
Gandalf was friend to strangers, wanderers, and many forgotten folk.

6Gwaihir, The Windlord Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 9
To play, spot Gandalf or an Eagle.
If Gwahir is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -3.
While you can spot 3 Eagles, and none of them are exhausted, the move limit is +1.
While you can spot an exhausted Eagle, Gwaihir is defender +1.
There came Gwaihir the Windlord...greatest of all the Eagles of the North, mightiest of the descendants of old Thorondor, who built his eyries in the inaccessible peaks of the Encircling Mountains when Middle-earth was young.

1 Many Lives of Men Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf to play an Eagle, Ent, or Gandalf Man from your discard pile (or your draw deck, if you can spot 2 eagles).
"One-hundred lives of men I have walked this earth, and now i have no time!"

-mm
Last edited by macheteman on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:07 am; edited 10 times in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
menace64
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:58 pm
macheteman wrote:

Companion • Wizard
Muster.
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. Regroup: Spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions.

I’d change the subtitle to "Friend to Many Peoples" or "Ally of Strange Folk" simply because Gandalf, Friend of the Shire-folk would have the same acronym.
The regroup ability is too good. With Gandalf naked, he could discard 6 minions; add his staff and it goes up to 8. So on. I’d slap a limit on it somewhere.

macheteman wrote:
5Gwaihir, The Windlord Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
If Gwahir is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot 3 Eagles, and none of them are exhausted, the move limit is +1.
Gwaihir was Lord of the Eagles.

Bleh lore! Find something better!
Otherwise a cool leader eagle.

macheteman wrote:
3 100 Lives of Men Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf to play an Eagle, Ent, or Gandalf man from your discard pile (or your draw deck, if you can spot 2 eagles).
"100 lives of men I have walked this earth, and now i have no time!"

Change the title to Many Lives of Men. Numbers don’t go well in titles (especially when using digits).
Tell ya what, though. This card is seriously perfect. I love it. I feels like a real card!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
macheteman
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:04 pm
menace64 wrote:
macheteman wrote:

Companion • Wizard
Muster.
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. Regroup: Spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions.

I’d change the subtitle to "Friend to Many Peoples" or "Ally of Strange Folk" simply because Gandalf, Friend of the Shire-folk would have the same acronym.
The regroup ability is too good. With Gandalf naked, he could discard 6 minions; add his staff and it goes up to 8. So on. I’d slap a limit on it somewhere.

i didn’t even think about the fact that he could re-use his ability. thats one thing i really need to work on. i tweaked it, now it’s not abusable, but still powerful. i think it’s balanced since you have to spot three Eagles.

macheteman wrote:
Companion • Eagle
Gwaihir was Lord of the Eagles.

Bleh lore! Find something better!
Otherwise a cool leader eagle.

lol, i know the lore is bad, i was running out of time. i’ll work on finding some better lore.

macheteman wrote:
3 100 Lives of Men Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf to play an Eagle, Ent, or Gandalf man from your discard pile (or your draw deck, if you can spot 2 eagles).
"100 lives of men I have walked this earth, and now i have no time!"

Change the title to Many Lives of Men. Numbers don’t go well in titles (especially when using digits).
Tell ya what, though. This card is seriously perfect. I love it. I feels like a real card!

thanks! that means a lot coming from m64. btw, i hope everyone notices that it is a regroup phase event.

gp for you meanace, i hope you can review more of my cards.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:50 pm
I have fixed the lore, tell me what you think!
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:15 pm
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Wizard
Muster.
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions (or 3 minions if you can spot an orc).

Sweet. I always likes these kind of cards.

Companion • Eagle
There came Gwaihir the Windlord...greatest of all the Eagles of the North, mightiest of the descendants of old Thorondor, who built his eyries in the inaccessible peaks of the Encircling Mountains when Middle-earth was young.

I hope you’re gonna pull out a 1 Eagle or this guy is useless. Very Happy I think you outta make it -3. Move limit +1 pwns massively, though, I’d just drop the spotting requirement. Then you can start him and a hobbit or something.

3 Many Lives of Men Gandalf
Event • Regroup

2, I think.

-mm
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:21 pm
thank you NB, with gwaihir, i plan on having an eagle who can be in the starting fellowship with him. but i’ll see what other’s think.

and 2 might be good for the event, i’ll change it if some other people think so too.

gp for your review.
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:26 pm
A Wizard is Never Late? I mean, sure, its regroup, but you threw in some restrictions already.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:47 am
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Wizard
Muster.
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions (or 3 minions if you can spot an orc).

Companion • Eagle

Event • Regroup

-mm

Gandalf, Friend to trange Folk is fun I would limit his discarding some, but on the same note The Smeagol RB can discard all minions during the regroup for 2 burdens. So maybe not absolutely neccessary.

Gwaihir, The Windlord not much to say seems like a nice card to me, I like the Move Limit +1 if you can keep your other eagles healed.

Many Lives of Men nice card never hurts to be able to unclog your hand of comps you don’t need at the moment knowing that when they are needed you have a way of getting them back. Have to agree, maybe the cost should be 2

Can’t wait to see the rest.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:05 am
Gandalf triggers at the start of the regroup phase, meaning that he can’t trigger his text more than once.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:

Companion • Wizard
Muster.
I would say with the regroup ability limit it to two

Companion • Eagle
defender needs to be bolded

Event • Regroup

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards