LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Komico
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:15 pm
My deck is a lot more geared towards playing a few spells to deal some nice points of damage with my spells. It may only have a few creatures but the creatures are not my main focus in this deck.

Land

4 izzet boilerworks
8 island
8 mountain
1 Kher Keep

Creatures

2 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
3 Gelectrode

Enchantment

1 Leyling of Lightning

Instants

2 Cackling Flames
3 Mystical Teachings
2 Think Twice
2 Electrolize
2 Reiterate
2 Psionic Blast
3 Telling Time
3 Truth of Tale
1 Careful Considiration
1 Seething Song

Sorceries

1 Rift Bolt
3 Grapeshot
1 Empty the Warrens
3 Rite of Flame
2 Demon Fire
2 Train of Thought

Sideboard

1 Skullmead Cauldron
3 Frazzle
1 Akroma, Angel of Fury
2 Boomerang
1 gelectrode
2 Perilous Research
1 Flame Fusillade
2 Cackling Flames
1 Parallectric Feedback
1 Pillar of the Paruns

Strategy

if i need a creature during the middle of the game i have the option of using mystical teachings in order to get Teferi in my hand and play him next turn. While he is out my opponent will not be able to counter all of my damage spells. Also i will be able to get my gelectrodes the same way as teferi was got in to my hand. Then every time i play a spell i could ping with gelectrode.
Then play enough spells to do the damage i need to come in for the win.

Then the cards in my sideboard all have a specific idea they are meant for. If i need more life to last long enough until i got the right cards to deal damge i would add a skullmead couldron. if i need to get rid of a certain permament i have the option of putting in a few boomerangs. if i need to draw more put some perolous research in. Then each one also has a specific thing that they are suppose to help me get by.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:12 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ok, do you want criticism on your list, on how you could make it run smoother, on how you could make it better, what cards to drop, what to add, etc? I’m not sure where to focus my comments, yet, so I’ll wait for your answer.
I don't like YOU.
Komico
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:23 am
i would like you to tell me what i could add to make it better and what cards just have no purpose in this deck for the strategy i am going with. And als ways i could make it smoother while not spending a fortune.

Thanks for the help
Komico
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:57 pm
so what should i do to this deck Question
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You need more lands, duals and pains could help out a lot. Also, Teferi/Gelectrode is just not a good synergy, since Teferi costs quite a lot. It’s better to just stick with the Gelectrodes. Also, Gelectrodes work very well with Wee Dragonauts, as you can pump the latter, AND ping with the primer. So, with Wee Dragonauts and Gelectrode out, 1 red mana can get you 8 damage. Ping with Gelectrode, play Brute Force on Wee Dragonauts, swing for 6, ping again. Reiterate consumes just too much mana, you can ditch it, and Leyline of Lightning sucks badly! Add in some draw/burn spells, for instance, more Telling Time, more Think Twice, more Electrolize, etc. Also, your sideboard looks waaaay off, with too many one-ofs.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)