LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Perspective?

5 (best)  
55%
  [ 10 ]  55%

33%
  [ 6 ]  33%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 18
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:27 am
The set needs to be X-listed or non-tournament legal. I think the latter would be best. Smile
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:30 am
Another example of rock paper scissors really. Any deck that doesnt use events as its purpose is screwed against this. Now this is sort of a counter to the broken Orc culture so i shouldnt complain but it still screws up many other decks. And making a broken card to counter broken stuff is just dumb. When i first saw this i thought wow, heck powerful but wanted to see other peoples reactions. Glad to see others think this is daft as well. It would be much more balanced to say just minions, or conditions or even just target a minion or 2. But ALL shadow cards? Wo.....

I wanna see Dain’s reaction to this. I gather you wont vote on this one either like me DI?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:34 am
A good counter to the Orc stuff, but D is fighting broken cards with broken cards. Rolling Eyes

With Citadel to Gate, this card could virtually shut down any deck. No more enduring Nazzies, no more Orc corruption... Surprised
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:52 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m with AC, lem0n, and others: I refuse to vote, mostly because I see this as a very, very lazy way of Big D trying to cover up all its horrible mistakes...and potentially creating even bigger messes.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 09, 2007 8:57 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BattleWarg
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:56 am
Merrick_Hale wrote:
BattleWarg wrote:
They get their shadow abilities, but still, you’ll notice it affects every Shadow card - artifacts, possessions, conditions, minions, followers (which means the followers can’t be transfered)
Not true on the followers. They are transferred at the start of the maneuver phase so they will be able to be transferred before you can use this special ability since start of phase actions come before the other phase actions. Another magic bullet card for the free people’s player = more bad design. Brick wall

Good point... I was just thinking of Aid as a special ability, not as the start of the maneuver phase... Whoops.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:52 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Its a new way to play, use broken cards to keep from being whooped by broken cards....I also will keep from voting on this overpowered counter to broken strategies.
Surely Decipher knows that making broken cards isn’t a good idea..nevermind.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Ransom
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:03 am
Current D strategy seems to be to break all cultures. If everyone’s broken, it balances out. The fact that it kills the game is only a minor side issue.
In marble walls as white as milk, lined with skin as soft as silk, within the fountain crystal clear a golden apple doth appear. What am I?
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:20 am
Cards like this disgust me. They’re just putting broken card against broken card. I also refuse to vote on cards like this, and am even more determined in not buying this set. Mad

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AdultLink
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:23 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
It’s cards like these that make me want to boycott the entire set. Sick

Explain why you say that AC, I’m kind of curious. The only thing I wish about this card was that it was unique... hmmm... I don’t see what’s so horribly terrible about this except that if used in a gruelling way it could be a NPE. Other than that, the Orc culture can counter it fairly nicely with Dread and Despair and other such cards.
Haves/Wants
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:29 am
Okay, the card’s not really subtle, but is it really broken? Adding two threats each maneuver phase, and you still don’t nullify Shadow, Regroup, or non-phase abilities.

It kinda sucks for possession-stacking Evil Men, but I think you should be able to adjust your deck in such a way that you don’t solely depend on your Maneuver/Archery/Skirmish special abilities.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit