LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Perspective?

5 (best)  
55%
  [ 10 ]  55%

33%
  [ 6 ]  33%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 18
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:33 am
AdultLink wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
It’s cards like these that make me want to boycott the entire set. Sick

Explain why you say that AC, I’m kind of curious. The only thing I wish about this card was that it was unique... hmmm... I don’t see what’s so horribly terrible about this except that if used in a gruelling way it could be a NPE. Other than that, the Orc culture can counter it fairly nicely with Dread and Despair and other such cards.

Well, I wouldn’t say that it is necessarily broken, but it can completely destroy certain decktypes. And the Orc culture can’t counter it with Dread and Despair (or any of their other condition removal cards, really) since it has a way for the Freeps player to opt out.

It’s just a mega-NPE if your deck relies on Maneuver, Archery, Assignment, Skirmish, or Response abilities. It converts the game into even more of a Rock-Paper-Scissors game, which is not very cool at all.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
raptor22
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:35 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Well, I wouldn’t say that it is necessarily broken, but it can completely destroy certain decktypes. And the Orc culture can’t counter it with Dread and Despair (or any of their other condition removal cards, really) since it has a way for the Freeps player to opt out.

Well, personally, if the FP player does choose to opt out with Dread and Depair, or Unreasonable Choice, as a shadow player, I’m fine with that.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:57 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Okay, the card’s not really subtle, but is it really broken?

What makes this card broken is it’s universal ability to simply shut down shadow sides. You only need to spot a wizard - so use any gandalf or radagast and it’s fine, or even if your opponent plays saruman or the deceived minions it still works. 2 threats is a high cost, yes, but it’s nothing compared to making ALL shadow cards lose their special abilities. If it was just minions or just conditions, i might not have complained so much. The fact is, it renders entire strategies useless, and you should never be able to do that with a single card. It’s essentially the same problem with Elven Armaments.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
It’s cards like these that make me want to boycott the entire set. Sick

I was thinking of suggesting that actually...but then D would probably go under.
but yeah this is broken ESCALATION! broken minions sides, countered by broken freeps sides.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Dravius
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:34 pm
Run gandalf, this card and faramir, wizards pupil. Full the threats every turn, kill a companion, prevent the threat wounds with faramir (which can be played from prancing pony) and full the threats again. If you need mor companions, just swap the site with traveld leader and place a companion in the dead pile out of play once or twice and hey, two threats aren’t that expensive.

Would it be broken... maybe not.

Would it be one of the dullest game... I think it would.
Gartax
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:51 pm
for the shadow it will be like marching on cavern entrance every turn..... but worse since the freep can still use his abilities

this is pathetic

now i am sure why Brad quit, because he knew he mess up and he don’t want to witness it
anonymous22
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:19 pm
If this was an event, it woul dbe less broken, but since its a condition, it’s broken. 8 companion starting fellowships would love this..
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh my I didn’t even see it was a condition...
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:02 pm
lets bring deciphar down who is with me Twisted Evil
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:21 pm
then we don’t get any more cards...but lets bring these broken cards down
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit