LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Perspective?

5 (best)  
55%
  [ 10 ]  55%

33%
  [ 6 ]  33%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 18
Dravius
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:58 pm
What’s the point of having more cards if they are going to be like this. Decipher have reached a point of no return in my opinion. Making a significant turn towrads less powerful cards would mean the players would get beet up when they’ll play against Treachery & Deceit cards. Therefore, they must keep on with this track.

My suggestion is this, THE RETURN OF THE CLASSIC SHADOW CULTURES FOR THE GREAT EYE ! That might boost up their sales and would break the escalation for the shadow at least.

Anyway, I’m getting off topic now.
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 pm
Or simply X-ing all Treachery and Deciet cards in tournament play. That’d solve everyone’s problems. In casual play, refuse to play anyone who has set 18 cards in their deck.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:34 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Dravius wrote:
My suggestion is this, THE RETURN OF THE CLASSIC SHADOW CULTURES FOR THE GREAT EYE ! That might boost up their sales and would break the escalation for the shadow at least.

At this point, I think only that would save them. Uruk-hai is so-so, but Men and especially Orc are badly imbalanced. The old cultures (and Wraith, which is only one we really still have) are still okay.

Of course, then we’d have the problem of what to do with overpowered FP cards like Perspective.... d'oh!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BattleWarg
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dravius wrote:

At this point, I think only that would save them. Uruk-hai is so-so, but Men and especially Orc are badly imbalanced. The old cultures (and Wraith, which is only one we really still have) are still okay.

Of course, then we’d have the problem of what to do with overpowered FP cards like Perspective.... d'oh!

New cultures? Yeah, that’s it...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
DurinIII
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:32 am
I quit playing a few years ago, but recently I have had such an itching to open booster packs again. To the point people: is the game going to end after Trechery and Deciet? Is there any hope whatsoever of Decipher saving it now? By the way, I know none of you, but I greatly enjoy reading your threads. If anything, I get much encouragement still knowing that LOTR TCG fans still exist out there!

Joseph
lover of Tolkien.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:15 am
Rather than just simply X-ing the cards, couldn’t we do what they did with Star Wars after Decipher lost the license? We could make our own alternative texts for the broken cards in T&D and post them on the internet. We could have a Gothmog (V) that wouldn’t splash into every single archery deck, a Frenzy of Arrows (V) that replaced all the 2’s in its text with 1’s and so forth. Star Wars became a lot more fun after there were good versions of the ancient promo cards like Tarkin and Motti, and of the rubbish cards that no one ever used like the Stormtroopers.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 am
The Star Wars Virtual cards didn’t replace the old cards but added new ones. What we would need would be a semi-official Player’s Group that issued errata that was in play for tournaments. I don’t see this happening unless (until...) Decipher loses the licence and stops running their own tournaments.

Of course, should that happen, as well as errata it would be nice to see Virtual versions of old cards. There are plenty of unplayable LotR cards that would benefit from new (v) versions.

Anvar
manu-fan
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:28 am
Are you sure? I could have sworn that the Star Wars players committee made changes to existing cards and people needed to print off and stick on their cards.

Cheers.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:37 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
DurinIII wrote:
I quit playing a few years ago, but recently I have had such an itching to open booster packs again. To the point people: is the game going to end after Trechery and Deciet? Is there any hope whatsoever of Decipher saving it now? By the way, I know none of you, but I greatly enjoy reading your threads. If anything, I get much encouragement still knowing that LOTR TCG fans still exist out there!

Joseph

I would wait about a month and see whether or not this all blows over, if I were you, before risking getting back in. On the other hand, alot of us are still planning on continuing to play regardless of whether or not D dies. Not necessarlity with Treachery and Deceit cards, but if nothing else with some of the older stuff.

The irony of the game potentially ending on a set called "Treachery and Deceit" just kills me, though.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:08 am
AgentDrake wrote:
The irony of the game potentially ending on a set called "Treachery and Deceit" just kills me, though.

Brilliant! Would have been better if it ended with Age’s End though!

manu-fan wrote:
Are you sure? I could have sworn that the Star Wars players committee made changes to existing cards and people needed to print off and stick on their cards.

Yes and no. They made new versions of old cards, but you could use either the printed or the updated versions of them. You’d get, for example, ’Stormtrooper’ (printed card) and ’Stormtrooper (V)’ (with their changes), and could use either, neither or both, whichever you chose.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit