LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
96%
  [ 28 ]  96%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 29
Earthshaker
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:46 am
I don’t know for sure but i think the drawing of 24/25 followers in the fellowship phase is not according to the rule of 4. Confused

isee rulebook:
1. FELLOWSHIP PHASE
During your fellowship phase, you may perform fellowship actions, including playing most Free Peoples cards. Finally, move your fellowship forward along the adventure path.
Perform fellowship actions
If you are the Free Peoples player, you may perform fellowship actions during this phase, in any order.
Two fellowship actions are always available:
• Play a Free Peoples companion, ally, possession, artifact, or condition from your hand to the table.
• “Discard to heal.” Spot a unique companion or unique ally with at least one wound and discard a card from your hand with the same card title (it may have a different subtitle) to heal that character.
You may find other fellowship actions on events in your hand, or as special abilities on cards you already have in play.
Some card effects allow you to draw cards in the fellowship phase. You cannot draw (or take into hand) more than 4 cards during your fellowship phase. This is referred to as The Rule of 4.

might be mistaken but i don’t think i am Crying or Very sad
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 am
Ah, but remember that Erkenbrand’s Horn plays the followers from your draw deck; it doesn’t draw them or take them into hand. Thus, it gets around the rule of 4.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
You would be correct, BUT...
You never actually draw the followers.

Gamling’s horn doesn’t take them into hand; it just straight-out plays them from the deck, so they never enter your hand, so they never count against the rule of 4.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
donimator
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:52 am
Definite 5 from me. Great catch on fleshing this idea out. Imagine the look on your unsuspecting opponent’s face when you pull this off on your first turn! Eh? In a timed game it might burn up half the time just getting this set up!
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I gladly recognize AC’s record, even though I WAS the first to achieve a perfect score throughout a month, so, sorry guys, but the title is staying! Razz
Also, I bow to this article, and give it yet another 5.
I don't like YOU.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:59 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yeah, you deserve the title still. Just don’t be shocked if AC uses some of his GP horde and adds the same to his profile! Razz

Well-earned, both of you. Applause I am going to have to read the entirely of that awesome-looking article of yours sometimes, FM.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Yeah, you deserve the title still. Just don’t be shocked if AC uses some of his GP horde and adds the same to his profile! Razz

Well-earned, both of you. Applause I am going to have to read the entirely of that awesome-looking article of yours sometimes, FM.

read EL’s standard one too, they both rock.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:14 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Sure, do it when you have the time! ALthough, my title depicts quite a number of records, so it’s a suitable title.

1 - First straight 5 on LotR’s article contest;
2 - First straight 5 on MTG’s article contest;
3 - First author to win 1st place in more than one article contest;
4 - First author to win over 50 dollars in a month in article contest;
5 - First author to get more than 10 5’s for an article;
6 - Longest article in CC’s history;
7 - First author to write a 2-page article;
8 - First author to write a 3-page article;
9 - First non-cheating member to have over 100 gp;
10 - First brazillian author to win 1st place in an article contest;
11 - First member to get a custom title.

These are just some I can think of, as of now.
I don't like YOU.
ingold55
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:13 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Congrats and breaking the record of votes AC!
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
TheJord
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:42 pm
Someone voted a 4... Confused
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest