LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which culture should be spoiled next?

Dwarves  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Elves  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Gandalf  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Total Votes : 14
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:43 am
I agree with AgentDrake, but if the ability was ’Each Dwarven companion bearing a ring’, would it count the One Ring? Is it a ring, in the sense that the Ring of Fury is a ring?

Really cool Gimli.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:28 pm
Thanks for the comments. Adjusted the cards, and [GP] for you, as soon as I can give it.

I don’t think The One Ring counts as ring, because it never specifically says it’s a ring.

Do others feel removing two additional cards with Gimli is too strong? I even added Hunter because I wasn’t sure if this Gimli would be worthwhile otherwise.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
All three cultures have three votes. Very Happy I think I’ll just go through the set culture by culture then, starting with Dwarven. Here they are:

2 •Gimli, Dwarven Emissary Dwarven
Companion • Dwarven
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving Gimli, you may remove that minion from the game, and remove two cards in the discard pile of that minion’s owner from the game that have the same culture as that minion.
"They had no honor in life. They have none now in death."
nice by by orcs...

0 •The Seven Rings of the Dwarves Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Each Dwarven companion bearing a Ring is strength +1.
Response: When your Dwarven companion at a mountain or underground site is about to take a wound, you may remove three Dwarven cards in your discard pile from the game (or discard a Dwarven Ring that companion is bearing) to prevent that.
"Seven, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls."

cool cards!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
2 •Gimli, Dwarven Emissary Dwarven
Companion • Dwarven
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving Gimli, you may remove that minion from the game, and remove two cards in the discard pile of that minion’s owner from the game that have the same culture as that minion.
"They had no honor in life. They have none now in death."

I like it, but I also think it could be a tad powerful. Perhaps do this:

Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving Gimli, you may remove two cards in the discard pile of that minion’s owner from the game of the same culture as that minion.

Now you can still remove 2 cards, and one of them COULD still be that minion, but doesn’t have to be. You could choose to leave that minion in the discard pile and get rid of 2 others. And it also makes the text much shorter. Smile

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
0 •The Seven Rings of the Dwarves Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Each Dwarven companion bearing a Ring is strength +1.
Response: When your Dwarven companion at a mountain or underground site is about to take a wound, you may remove three Dwarven cards in your discard pile from the game (or discard a Dwarven Ring that companion is bearing) to prevent that.
"Seven, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls."

I think "Ring" can be lowercase in the text. I like it otherwise, though. Very neat. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:44 am
0 •Arwen, Leaving Forever Elven
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 7
Each time the fellowship moves, the Shadow player may remove Arwen from the game. If he or she does, you may choose to reveal either his or her discard pile or hand, and remove a card revealed from the game.
"Let her go... let her take the ship into the West."

4 •Elrond, Lord of the Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
While the fellowship is in Region 1, each time the fellowship moves you may heal a companion.
While the fellowship is in Region 2, each time the fellowship moves you may discard an Elven card from hand to draw a card.
While the fellowship is in Region 3, each time the fellowship moves add a burden.
"Our time here is ending..."

3 •Galadriel, Lady of the Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 3
You may play Galadriel each time you could play a Regroup event.
At the start of the maneuver phase you may spot a companion. That companion is strength +1 and resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: Exert Galadriel twice to take an Elven companion from play into hand.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

2 •Legolas, Elven Friend Elven
Companion • Elf
Maneuver: Remove a Free Peoples culture token to take a card of that culture from your discard pile into hand (limit once per phase).
Archery: Discard two Free Peoples cards of different cultures from hand to wound a minion.
"Why doesn’t that surprise me?"

0 •The Three Rings of the Elves Elven
Artifact • Support Area
Each Elven companion bearing a ring is resistance +1.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may remove four Elven cards in your discard pile from the game (or discard your Elven ring) to heal a companion or remove a burden.
"Three were given to the Elves; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings."
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Mon May 14, 2007 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:19 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Elf
Each time the fellowship moves, the Shadow player may remove Arwen from the game. If he or she does, you may choose to look through either his or her discard pile or hand, and remove a card from the game.

Very weird. Should say ’remove a revealed card from the game’, or it’s like the T&D Grond! Interesting thought. Do you add the twilight if she’s removed from the game?

3 •Elrond, Lord of the Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is in Region 1, each time the fellowship moves you may heal a companion.
While the fellowship is in Region 2, each time the fellowship moves you must discard two cards from hand to draw a card.
While the fellowship is in Region 3, each time the fellowship moves add a burden.

I’d prefer a 4 cost Elrond than change him to 3. Maybe you could make a region 2 ability ’may’ instead of ’must’ and call him 4 (and, if you don’t think that’s enough, +1 resistance wouldn’t hurt). Cool guy.

Companion • Elf
At the start of the maneuver phase you may spot a companion. That companion is strength +1 and resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: Exert Galadriel twice to take an Elven companion into hand.

By taking an Elven companion into hand, you mean from play right? Weird, but I’m not sure I’d return her to my hand (though she combos nicely with Elrond). Why would you play her in the regroup phase?

Companion • Elf
Maneuver: Remove a Free Peoples culture token to take a card of that culture from your discard pile into hand (limit once per phase).
Archery: Discard two Free Peoples cards of different cultures from hand to wound a minion.

Taking any card is too much. Make it Event. His second ability is also possibly too much, I suggest to put a limit or increase the cards (compare to Legolas, Fearless Marksman, in the right deck, this guy’s much better). Good ideas.

Artifact • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, you may remove four Elven cards in your discard pile from the game (or discard your Elven ring) to heal a companion or remove a burden.

Fantastic, and very much what the Three are supposed to do!

GP for great ideas.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:25 am
Thanks for the comments! GP

The idea behind Galadriel is that she is around for the Fellowship/Regroup, but she doesn’t have to be around for the skirmish phase.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:29 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Elf
Each time the fellowship moves, the Shadow player may remove Arwen from the game. If he or she does, you may choose to look through either his or her discard pile or hand, and remove a card from the game.
very weird. cool

3 •Elrond, Lord of the Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is in Region 2, each time the fellowship moves you must discard two cards from hand to draw a card.
nice

Companion • Elf
would it be from play right?

Companion • Elf
nice

Artifact • Support Area

you could say a elven ring instead of your.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:46 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Elf
Each time the fellowship moves, the Shadow player may remove Arwen from the game. If he or she does, you may choose to reveal either his or her discard pile or hand, and remove a card revealed from the game.

Since she costs nothing, she’d be worth tossing in, I suppose. I’d kind of prefer the ability instead be an event of some kind, but it is a very interesting idea.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
4 •Elrond, Lord of the Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is in Region 2, each time the fellowship moves you may discard an Elven card from hand to draw a card.

Pretty cool. Thumbs Up

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Elf

Yes...a Galadriel I’d actually use! For her maneuver ability, I’d specify where you take that companion into hand from. Otherwise, a very neat card! Thumbs Up

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Companion • Elf

Neat!

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Artifact • Support Area

Awesome! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:18 pm
Thanks for the comments! Here are the two Gandalf cards:

4 •Gandalf, Guide and Conscience Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
At the start of your turn, spot a companion. Until the end of the turn, if that companion is about to take a wound, you may exert Gandalf to prevent that wound.
"We can ask no more of Frodo."

2 •Glamdring, Sword of Power Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Gandalf. He is Enduring.
At the start of the regroup phase, add a burden for each wound over 2 on Gandalf.
Skirmish: If Gandalf is unwounded, exert him to make him damage +1.
"Prepare for battle!"
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Mon May 14, 2007 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards