LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:05 pm
--- description ---
Behold the power of the Stragglers Swarm! The New Easterlings!
--- end description ---

37 Cards

Bold Easterling x 4
Courageous Easterling x 4
Easterling Scout x 4
Rampaging Easterling x 4
Column of Easterlings x 2
Armored Easterling x 4

Caravan From the South x 4
Stragglers x 4
Lying in Wait x 4
Last Days x 3

The Easterlings of the Men culture have a few tricks up their sleeve. They lurk, they bring in more Easterlings, and they help each other explode.

How does this work? Well...first, get a copy of Last Days out. Then, launch a swarm.

Rampaging Easterling explodes on the right conditions. Not to mention hes a lurker and, coincidentally, almost all your other minions aren’t! Column of Easterlings is there to be played from the discard pile, so he won’t be assigned when the Rampaging Easterling fights either.

So, here’s how it goes. Get a few minions out. Then, use Bold Easterling, Corageous Easterling, and Easterling Scout to play minions from your discard pile and trigger Last Days to play minions from hand. A few of these leave a lot of minions unassigned, meaning, you got it, Stragglers! Kill a companion. Or two. Or three. And the Column of Easterlings gives a good bonus to.

Oh yeah, and then the fierce. Beat everthing up again. If you played some Rampaging Easterlings from hand or discard pile, they should have watched your other Easterlings win, and thus they’ll come back even tougher, and, that’s right, THEY’RE STILL LURKERS! So if you can’t all out swarm here, you can still use Stragglers to kill a few companions!

Repeat once or twice, and then all out swarm like crazy. They shouldn’t survive.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
fishfleas
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 am
what happens against archery?

The reason I ask is that Archery is Very prevelent right now... I see with your setup that the conditions are helpful but not a huge issue... Archery decks normally are packing Namarie though.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
a few pavise would solve that.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Apopatos
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:32 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
a few pavise would solve that.

I doubt, namarie is gonna to discard countless companies before you are able to use it at least for once...
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
alehaak
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:15 pm
I will not talk about the new cards... for me are all banned.

nice deck. Smile
My haves / Wants:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about2584-0-asc-0.html

I really want Aragorn's Bow, Ranger Longbow and 3 Gondor Bowmen. Pm me.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard