LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
ingold55
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:56 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
1. What has happened? I leave, and come back to find the RPG’ing has stopped nearly completely. What is going on? is it graduations that are interfering, or something else? We really should get the RPG’ing up and running again.

2. we have 3 mods, and only 1 is still mainly active here on the forum, are they all needed?

3. could we start this entire section of the forum up and running again? keep it going, if we have to scratch it, go ahead and restart, or pick it up again. If you are all up for it, i may start up a new RPG soon.

ingold55
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:24 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ok first things first, my guesss is EL and corvus and NB are busy with school which hurt the RPG’s I think once summer comes things will pick up again.

2. I think the Syndrome should be removed from the mod list. PW and WKBC too, they just barely post and I think it kinda sends a bad message to new members. M_H, bib25, still post every now and then and AC and Ap are very active.

3. as I have said many times before, I think we should wait until summer to do anything with it and see what happens.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:00 pm
Most RP’s around here are dead. Around summertime, we’ve already said we’re going to revamp RPing.

An archive of completed RPG’s would be good, I think, and any dead ones I’d just delete. Then, we could just make some more, or come up with a new system (which could involve dice, DC’s, or level-up type character RPG’s, I don’t know).

It’s so cool that I’m the mod here. I’m basically in charge. Very Happy

But anyways. My school gets out in about 2 weeks, with finals on the very last day, so, needless to say, I’m about to be very, very busy. But after that, I’ll be changing the forum up a bit. I know I’ll do an archive, and probably delete inactive RPG’s and all the OOC’s (since the finished RPG’s don’t need them, and the dead RPG’s will be gone). Character archives will probably still be around, but I may delete extraneous posts.

Then we’ll vote on how to continue the RP system. I’m thinking of setting up a few different "molds" for RPG’s, like Freeform (which is what we have now), Diced (which would involve dice, obtaining wepons, character levels, suchlike) and maybe DC RPG’s (Carpe started one, and it’s going really well!).

Anyways, that’s what I’m thinking. Anyone with ideas, please PM me.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:01 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Elf Lvr wrote:
An archive of completed RPG’s would be good, I think, and any dead ones I’d just delete. Then, we could just make some more, or come up with a new system (which could involve dice, DC’s, or level-up type character RPG’s, I don’t know).

I really like this idea. Esp. getting rid of old dead RPG’s and talk thread, or at least hiding them somewhere.

I personally still prefer freeform as it is the least time consuming, but I have noticed that some of the new members tend to God-mode a lot which get really annoying in a freeform.

I do think that once school gets out the RPG’s will take off again.
Lots of people just don’t have teh time right now with school and work.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think more DC/RPG’s would be REALLY cool. but we should keep freeform.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:13 pm
I was thrilled to get started in RPGing, and can find time to post when necessary, but Gagnut and Shieldelf bailed out on my RPG, and so we’re kinda at a standstill until they get back on.

SE’s RPG hasn’t started yet, and I doubt it will, Secrets of the South is dead. Completely. Which is a shame, because its a good RPG.

But if anyone’s interested in an RPG, I am, and I can probably find time to post. I’d be posting more on mine, but it kinda looks bad to triple post or something...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I may be able to get back into an RPG, but yeah, I’ll help organize if that’s needed. Here’s my thoughts on the types of RP things we could do...

Ongoing RPG
This is where you’d control a single character through all of their adventures in ME. If you’ve ever been on the LOTR Plaza, it’s like Plaza kingdoms, where you have a single character, and you role-play their interactions with other people’s characters. Your experiences in past RPGs contribute to your character’s experiences.

Diced RPG
This is where you can control one of your characters, and it would be more like D&D. You’d have to decide upon a system for this one. But it could also be loads of fun.

Freeform RPG
Any character you want, pretty much anything goes, as long as it’s within the paramaters of the GM. If the GM wants Valar Wars, you god-mod all you want-heck, it’s VALAR WARS! If the GM instead wants you all to be relatively weak soldiers, RP that. It’s all up to the GM.

Other RPs
Stuff like my DC RPG, which doesn’t fit the molds of anything else. DC RPGs could be a really cool staple of this forum, in addition to other RPGs, like Diced RPs that don’t rely so heavily on dice at all. This could also be a forum for RP competitions.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:57 pm
Well I know I have been away and it does kind of suck considering I was one of the main founders of this forum. But I am on mostly at night and I haven’t been doing anything with this because of all the noobs god-moding and how dead it has gotten But I assure you I haven’t left you guys and i am still here I just doint post as much but I am here reading and things of that natur. as for whatever you guys wish upon these forums i am right here with EL making it happen. Especially since it was part of my idea.

Cheers,
WKBC
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:36 am
NBarden wrote:
I was thrilled to get started in RPGing, and can find time to post when necessary, but Gagnut and Shieldelf bailed out on my RPG, and so we’re kinda at a standstill until they get back on.

dude you could post if you can I can persuade them to get back on. GN will post, but only if someone else does first.
yeah god-moding on Revenge of the haradrim got kinda annoying...though my character did some of it that is the main turn-off of freeform.
I love DC RPG’s but it takes a lot of time from the guy in charge.
Actually myself, EL, I55, corvus have been in a kinda ongoing RPG, with SoTS, the beorning one, the moria one, and the mirkwood one.
"DáinIronfoot"
Glamdring
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:38 pm
Looks like the DC thread took over, when Dain came on the scene. Mr. Green
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing