LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:24 pm
Updates to rules. Thumbs Up

What do you guys think?

I can get rid of additional stuff, and maybe we can get this ball rolling.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, post here. I want to make this as perfect as possible.

Thanks!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
ingold55
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:20 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
looks good. I say we get this going soon, and keep it moving....

ingold
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:21 pm
I’ll wait till tomorrow just to make sure no one has any posts they want me to keep.

Then I’ll start deleting.

This wasn’t as hard as I thought.

In the meantime, any other thoughts as to what would keep this forum going?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:04 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
A big thing for me is for the RPG mods to make sure that in freeform GOD-moding is NOT allowed.

nothing kills an RPG more then someone who God-modes and then refuse to edit their post..

Other then that, just wait until people are done with school.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:06 pm
I’d like you to define in the rules what god-moding is. Because you said that a little ranger killing three trolls in one post is god-mode. However, if you stumble across 3 sleeping trolls and kill them in the night, or ambushing them and killing them with arrows to the eye (trolls are stupid, they wouldn’t react fast enough), or delaying them until morning so they turn to stone (someone used that one before, I think...) wouldn’t be god-moding.

Going up to them, lopping off one of their heads in single combat, turning and letting loose an arrow that kills the second and then destroying the other with magic would be god-moding.

Unless you’re a valar.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:18 pm
There.

Happy now?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Laughing I guess. But god-moding is not god-moding if it fits in perfectly, you can do it without appearing all-powerful, and it is portrayed as something anyone can do. Like slitting three trolls throats. Or even shooting them all in the eye, but that’s only if you’re an expert marksman. (Like an elf)
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
like Tuilin Laughing but yeah another problem is when your character IS a troll. I mean what can you do its a troll? thats something that needs to be addressed I personally do not think people should be allowed to RPG as a troll in freeform.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:33 am
Perhaps we could make some additional rules for how "powerful" a character can be. For example, we could have a diced RPG. A few of the characters who did the best would receive "bonuses" for their companion / minion (a keyword, some game text, a possession, or even an event). Basically, a Diced / DC RPG. Any thoughts?
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 am
Yeah, but what about free-form?

I think that trolls are stupid, and you have to RP it. Gagnut didn’t do this with his troll, and his troll is both intelligent and tough. Trolls can be RP-ed, as long as they’re stupid, which gives them a chance to be beat up pretty bad and outwitted.

I personally like half-trolls.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing