LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » World of Warcraft TCG » WoW TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

66%
  [ 2 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
corvus
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:17 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
--- description ---
Here is an interesting, though classical way of playing the 30 life beast of the alliance. Enjoy.
--- end description ---

Warrax has been the first hero i ever tried in wow, and with a few adjustments with a friend’s help i had a row of victories before i unfortunately decided to trade all my wow cards away due to a low regional meta. This is how Warrax the hero who beat Onyxia in the first tournament here in Greece was set up, mostly for normal playing:

4 x Stalwart Protector
4 x From the Shadows
3 x Call the Spirit

Ally:

4 x Freya Lightsworn
2 x Melgwy Pingzot
2 x Seva Shadowdancer
2 x Mezzik Darkspark
4 x Sentry Gwynn
3 x Nightbloom
4 x Medoc Spiritwarden
2 x Lhurg Venomblade
3 x Lorekeeper Darian
3 x Lady Jaina Proudmoore
1 x Lady Courtney Noel
2 x Hannah the Unstoppable
4 x Galway Steamwhistle

Hero:

1 x Warrax

Quest:

3 x The Missing Diplomat
2x Kibler’s Exotic Pets
2x It’s a Secret to Everybody
2 x Chasing A-Me 01
4 x The Defias Brotherhood

Total Cards: 61

Sideboard

Ally:

3 x Moira Darkheart
2 x Lafiel
3 x Kryton Barleybeard

Armor:

2 x Draconian Deflector

Total Cards: 10

First the comments goto the hero: Warrax has a high life-gauge (Tomb Raider lovers yoou get me...) of 30. His ability is a one time protector, so considering it cannot be used more than once (yet) and that other cards give him protector permanently, he can protect allies as i muster them for the big hit.

Sentry Gwynn and in From The Shadows ensure that both your hero AND your allies have elusive, so they are immune to normal attacks. That can help set up pretty easily giving quite some time before either of those 2 cards get discarder leaving you vulnerable again. In any case, there are many allies that can heal wounds as well (Freya Lightsworn, Seva Shadowdancer, Lady Courtney Noel) in case you face a quick swarm of little beasts or burn spells.

This deck is built to win mainly by attacking with sneaky allies like Hannah the Unstoppable, make beasty attacks with Lady Jaina, Discard my opponent’s deck with Lorekeeper Darian, (it has surprisingly won me a fair amount of games).Deal direct damage with Melgwy Pingzot, or sacrifice my allies and cannonball them on the opposing hero with Mezzik Darkspark, then bring back dead allies. Please comment!
Last edited by corvus on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:18 am; edited 2 times in totalClick here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hey an article! I have no clue how to play WoW but it looks cool!(and i could most likely give you a one and you would still win.)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:32 pm
yeah, but you wouldn’t mess with my GP in a bad way would you? Mr. Green
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Apopatos
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:32 am
Wow, a wow article too! However, I don’t think this is the best deck I’ve seen so far. It needs some real firepower to win, maybe a couple of Leeroy’s? And the milling thing can’t do any damage on its own, you gotta base the whole deck on discarding, or it’s just pointless… Moreover, you need to change the portion of allies, they are mostly too heavy, most speed decks nail you down at ride 5 most to a life of 3-4, if you don’t get the healing guys out…

However, it’s a good try, and the only wow article, so take a 4 from me.
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:48 am
Wow thanks a whole lot!

(As we said, Eksarxeia fantasy shop 5 o cloc ok?)

Well, to tell you the truth, a friend of mine built this deck exactly as a deck he found in the net, and so i kept it just the way it was, using his cards. Playing both LOTR and MTG, and starting another TCG (esp such an expensive one) would be a disaster, so i borrowed all his rare and epic cards and built it. Yesteray i ruined it and sent all MY cards to a guy from this site as well, so it’s useless to offer advice anymore... Mr. Green

However, you are right, when no healers and only expensive stuff came in the first rounds, quick decks could nail me down with profound ease. But that ewasn’t that often, most people in my (our) small meta prefer wizard/control...
Takeo
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:59 am
Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 123 Location: Hidden in FBI's basement
Hey Corvus!

You have a great deck here. Not a lot of weaknesses, except counterspell and ability destroying. Lady Jaina Proudmoore is tough to crack if you dont have an active hero. Since your deck is based on having your allies alive, with everyone being elusive ans such, I’d use The Defias Brotherhood as a quest. Good for decks with many allies. Smile

Ill give you a 4 since you got some great combos here, but I dont think they’re so unique.. Smile
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:23 am
Hey Takeo! Thanks for the comment!

Look, concerning ability interrupt, there aren’t many answers anyway, but Kryton Barleybeard has seen the inside of my deck many times before i re-encountered a wizard deck... Wink

Yeah, at later rounds during fighting against control decks, the Lady has proved to be valuable and not many decks rely on heroes in my meta, except the paladin deck i once used myself.

I used the quest card you proposed, but i didn’t change the deck when i had it anyway, so it’s a little late for that....

Oh hey, just to make sure, you’re not getting all these rares in our trade, just the things i’ve already told you about and the rares i listed, just tomake sure. Thanks again!
Cobra
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:25 pm
Our first World of Warcraft TCG contest article, yay! Dancing Laughing

I have to say though, this seems more like a Deck Clinic post -- a decklist with a brief strategy overview and a few card choice explanations. Give us more!

Matchups are probably the most valuable thing to add to this sort of article. After all, you’re not playing against a "goldfish," but against another smart player who will be doing his best to beat you! Cool Which matchups are inherently favorable, and why? Which matchups are more difficult, and what can you do about it? If you don’t like the "matchups" format per se, you can give similar information in other ways, for example by writing a game-by-game tournament report.

That’s just one set of ideas; there are certainly other ways to go as well. Just keep in mind that if the WoW TCG contest turns out anything like the LOTR TCG and Magic: The Gathering contests, you’ll need to add a lot more meat to your future articles to stay competitive. Wink

Cheers,
Cobra
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Takeo
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:15 am
Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 123 Location: Hidden in FBI's basement
Hehe.. Im no better, except my last article.. There’s no problem to see which I wrote first.. Without looking at the date of course..
Selling "Homemade" Lotr decks! --> Here!
Selling Lotr Singles --> Here!

Look at my new article:
Shamans, Amazingly good or Amazingly evil?
corvus
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 am
Thanks for the comment Cobra Smile

Due to a personal problem i don’t think i will be that active in the forums for the next couple of months, so, i don’t think i will edit either of my 3 articles in time. Thanks anyway.

Forum index » World of Warcraft TCG » WoW TCG Strategy Article Contest