LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Glamdring
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:37 pm
What’s the thing about characters dying and so forth? What happens if you character dies? (is it the end?)
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
elf lvr
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:27 pm
Then your character is dead, and you can make a new one.

But people have to ask permission before they kill someone else’s character, so your character won’t die unless you want him to (or if you feel risky and go in a diced RPG).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Glamdring
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:29 pm
Do you have to write a new story around your new character?

elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:30 pm
Usually, yeah.

To date, I have 4-5 RP characters (two dead, one usual, two special) and each has their own special history.

But, like I said, something short and simple will do just fine.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Glamdring
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:32 pm
How about this? Where does this go?

Glamdring was descended from the Elves of Mirkwood amongst the emerald forests of Lothlorien while being an intelligent blacksmith for the Mirkwood elves. Instructed by Gil-galad himself, Glamdring learned the combat skills of daggers, while in his spare time would go and study the natural habitat of animals and the cool emerald forest. A very peaceful elf was he, yet often provoked other elves (without realizing it) by his "humble" state. Above his problems, he was often a solitude elf, and evaded his problems instead of facing them which caused some problems between he and his kin. Overall, his character was a very fun, and joyful one to be around.
Because of his training, Glamdring was nominated as the best dagger fighter in the Mirkwood forest and won many contests. He would often act as a spy for the Mirkwood elves (because of his observations in nature) in addition to crafting many weapons for the Mirkwood elves. One day, in the cool of the morning when the dew was still visible, an elven messenger breathlessly ran inside the King’s chamber while making very little sound with his careful scurrying. The whisper could be heard through the silky chamber as the breaths of air made puffs of cool white smoke travelling through the air. "Sir, the Orcs are over running the north side of the forest, surely your highness will prevent these filthy critters from gaining a stronghold in the northern side," questioned the messenger. The King answered with a puzzling face, "Yes, but we have no one to lead our army without being greedy or stuck up while just caring about his own skin. We need someone to risk his own life in the scenario of relatively speaking," the King paused crunched a bit of lembas bread and continued, "Wait a minute. Have my own son, Legolas, the Prince of Mirkwood and Glamdring organize an attack against the Orcs. No elf will ever sleep until we have our northern land back! For my father owned it and his father; there will be blood tonight!"

Quite a few hours later, Glamdring squinted as he pounded rough steel with his heavy hammer, and carefully chipped away an intricate design on the blade while at the same time placing the steel in the fire with a sizzling sound. Listening carefully as he always did, Glamdring looked behind him, and there was his best friend, Legolas. "Glamdring, get your weapons and hurry, for tonight we have a duty to defend our motherland." Glamdring did as he bid, and waited with Legolas for the elven company to arrive. Marching endlessly, the company made their way up Mirkwood forest and took defensive positions until a silent observer signaled the elves that the Orcs were coming. Gritting his teeth, Glamdring clutched his daggers from his sheath with a whooshing sound, and quietly scampered down the trees. Then was the first Orc he saw! Smiling like a devil, an orc breathlessly drew his sword as Glamdring whirled around with his dagger, parried the blow, and jabbed the other glistening dagger into his black-blooded victim’s heart. Hearing a stomping on his left, Glamdring suddenly turned around and blocked an Orc’s hatchet with an X block from his daggers, and striked the Orc’s mouth with a severe punch. Ducking while feeling the wind of a couple swift arrows passing by his head, Glamdring threw his dagger with a flourish as it cut through the translucent air, and into its silent victim. Suddenly, a swift arrow sped an inch away from Glamdring’s head and into an Orc who was just about to swing his saber into the unprotected back of Glamdring. Mystified, Glamdring glanced up at Legolas, and replied, "Well, that’s a sport of luck. Thank you my friend!" Legolas answered with a smile while shooting another Orc, "It ’twas nothing my friend." And thus was the friendship of Legolas and Glamdring. Breathing a little faster from the fight, Glamdring slapped Legolas with a hearty slap, and gathered up the rest of the company, while setting home. Back in Mirkwood, Glamdring cautiously asked the King to bless and bestow a reward to his son, Legolas, for saving his life. The King replied, "My son deserves such a reward, but you also deserve such a reward for fighting in the front line of the battle when most of your comrades were up in the trees, too frightened to come down for they were not trained as well as you Glamdring in the art of daggers or hand combat. I from now on give you the name of Glamdring, meaning Foe-hammer, and as for Legolas, he shall be your faithful companion until you wish to separate with him. May you go in peace!" replied the King as Glamdring and Legolas were friends forever more.

A few years later, Legolas had left on a quest to destroy a ring of power, while Glamdring was put in charge of a elven regiment, but his heart was not with the excitement of battle. He would constantly enjoy doing the work of his youth; that was, working as a blacksmith, while reading stories to little children and telling them of the exciting battles of all, and of course, teaching the elves to fight with daggers. He was the Foe-hammer of elves.

I hope you like this story! Please tell me if I could do any more corrections, etc.

Thanks for reading!

-Glamdring-

elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:34 pm
That’s pretty cool. These go in the Character Profile thread.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Glamdring
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:35 pm
Thanks for the review!

ingold55
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:10 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Nice! I like it.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:00 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
EL, did you get my PM about a new RP?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:30 pm
Maybe. Think

I’ll look.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing