LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:00 am
So guys, what’s your favorite card out of any that I made in my "Uruk-hai Threats!" topic? Here’s a link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4221

I’d like to know, might even help me become a better DCer if you tell me why you picked it as your favorite. GP to anyone who replies to my topic with 3 or more sentences why they picked their favorite card.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:06 am
This guy was my favorite:

3 Uruk Deceiver Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 8
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 5
Damage +1.
Shadow: Exert this minion twice and remove a threat to return this minion to your hand and add 2 threats.

First of all, for a 3 cost minion, he’s pretty decent with a 8 strength and Damage +1, but what really makes him my favorite is his ability. As long as you have the twilight and one threat, you can efficently max out the threats on your opponent. The one thing I would do for this card is make it exert this minion twice and spot another Uruk-hai minion so that this minion isn’t always thrown into decks that revolve around threats.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:07 am
This guy is the best

•Champion of Orthanc
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 10
Damage +1. Archer.
Maneuver: Exert this minion and remove a threat to play an condition from your discard pile.
Archery: Discard an condition bourne by a companion to exert that companion.

Its versatility is its best weapon. Damage +1 and archer with 10 strength for 5 is great, but being able to recyle conditions is very useful especially as a lot of your other DCs discard them for abilities as well as his very useful archery ability. Can selectively persecute 1 companion or 2 with this combo. Very amusing. So is this subtitle by the way: Rod of Mischief. Laughing Class.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:10 am
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:
3 Uruk Deceiver Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
Shadow: Exert this minion twice and remove a threat to return this minion to your hand and add 2 threats.

First of all, for a 3 cost minion, he’s pretty decent with a 8 strength and Damage +1, but what really makes him my favorite is his ability. As long as you have the twilight and one threat, you can efficently max out the threats on your opponent. The one thing I would do for this card is make it exert this minion twice and spot another Uruk-hai minion so that this minion isn’t always thrown into decks that revolve around threats.

I’m going to add "...spot another Uruk-hai minion..." to his gametext, thanks for the suggestion! (I awarded you a GP for your response, Lemon you’re next!)
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Lost Heir
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:14 am
My favorite was the:

3 •Uruk Shield Wall Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Vitality: 2
Damage +1. This minion cannot take wounds during the archery phase.
For each threat you can spot over 2, an additional Uruk-hai minion cannot take wounds during the archery phase.

Really really cool how it works. Using lots of threats, it can shut down archery decks. Crazy cool. Its name comes from the Two Towers movie during the attack on Helms Deep, right?

- Lost Heir
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:14 am
I agree with LH that is a cool card i almost voted that myself. Good pick LH.
Only thing is how do you decide which minion cant take the extra wound(s), either you need to specify or let one of the players pick.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:19 am
The shadow player would be the one picking since he’s the owner of the shadow card. He’d have to specify at the start of the archery phase. Right?
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:38 am
Im not so sure the gameplay would work like that FS. I think it would have to be; archery: spot x threats where x is the number of threats over 2 and spot x Uruk-hai minions to prevent those minions from taking wounds.

Maybe im wrong but seems a little ambigious as it is.
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:47 am
I made it a bit simpler. "For each threat you can spot over 2, the fellowship archery total is -1."
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:48 am
Hmm that changes the gameplay though, nah leave it as it is. We all know what you mean. Reducing the archery is hell of a lot more painful than stopping a few minions from being wounded. I imagine the way you worded it the shadow would get to choose, i just wanted to make it clear but nvm.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards