LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:50 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I’m incredibly bored, so I’m putting up some more cards.

2 • Kili, Young Adventurer Dwarven
Str: 5
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Companion • Dwarf
Fili’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot Fili, Kili is strength +3.
’Kili at your service!’ said the one, ’And Fili!’ added the other, and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed.
H1 U 41
cool card but tone down the twilight reduction to 1

2 • Fili, Young Adventurer Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Kili’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot Kili, Fili is damage +2.
’Fili is the youngest, and still has the best sight.’
H1 U 30
ditto

1 Fiddle Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer is Locked, he is strength +2.
Maneuver: If bearer is Kili or Fili, Lock bearer until the regroup phase to take a Dwarven event into hand from your discard pile.
Fili and Fili rushed for their bags and brought back little fiddles...
H1 U 29
sure

1 Flute Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer is Locked, he is damage +1.
Fellowship or Maneuver: If bearer is Dori, Ori or Nori, Lock bearer until the regroup phase to Unlock a Dwarven card until the regroup phase.
... Dori, Nori and Ori brought out flutes from somewhere inside their coats...
H1 C 31

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:52 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
tip if you want reviews make less cards at a time like 3-5 is perfect. right now that is what ur doing.
Thranduil wrote:

0 Dark Business Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven possession from your discard pile (or a Dwarven instrument from your draw deck).
The dark came into the room from the little window that opened in the side of The Hill...
H1 C 16
nice

0 Face of Danger Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf companion and add a threat to draw 2 cards.
’We shall soon before the break of day start on our long journey, a journey from which some of us, perhaps all of us... may never return.’
H1 C 28
sure totally overshadow calculated risk though

0 Into the Fire Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf companion and add a threat to reveal the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Take into hand any Free Peoples card revealed and discard the rest.
Thorin came last - and he was not caught unawares.
H1 C 40
nice

3 • Oin, Faithful Companion Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Oin’s twilight cost is -1 in your starting fellowship.
Fellowship: Play a Dwarven possession on Oin to draw a card.
... Oin and Gloin were their names... and off they marched with their broad hands stuck in their gold and silver belts to join the others.
H1 R 46

sure
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:48 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Dark Business Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven possession from your discard pile (or a Dwarven instrument from your draw deck).
The dark came into the room from the little window that opened in the side of The Hill...
H1 C 16

Yeah, that helps some, but since I think they need all the help they can get, I’d do a different cost than a threat. Perhaps just some twilight, or an exertion.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Face of Danger Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf companion and add a threat to draw 2 cards.
’We shall soon before the break of day start on our long journey, a journey from which some of us, perhaps all of us... may never return.’
H1 C 28

This one, on the other hand, is fine as is.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Into the Fire Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf companion and add a threat to reveal the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Take into hand any Free Peoples card revealed and discard the rest.
Thorin came last - and he was not caught unawares.
H1 C 40

Threats certainly pile up fast, eh? But this is okay.

Thranduil wrote:
3 • Oin, Faithful Companion Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Oin’s twilight cost is -1 in your starting fellowship.
Fellowship: Play a Dwarven possession on Oin to draw a card.
... Oin and Gloin were their names... and off they marched with their broad hands stuck in their gold and silver belts to join the others.
H1 R 46

Good, but I think a card that allows you to transfer those possessions would be a good addition to the set. Then Oin could be a real centerpiece.

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Kili, Young Adventurer Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Fili’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot Fili, Kili is strength +3.
’Kili at your service!’ said the one, ’And Fili!’ added the other, and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed.
H1 U 41

Why did you drop the "Companion • Dwarf" below the stats? It hurts my eyes...it burns ussss, precious!

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Fili, Young Adventurer Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Kili’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot Kili, Fili is damage +2.
’Fili is the youngest, and still has the best sight.’
H1 U 30

Like his brother, he’s good. I think I’d make the twilight reduction they provide for each other only -1, though, especially considering how easy it would make starting with both of them...with ridiculous stats.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Fiddle Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: If bearer is Kili or Fili, Lock bearer until the regroup phase to take a Dwarven event into hand from your discard pile.
Fili and Fili rushed for their bags and brought back little fiddles...
H1 U 29

Now THIS has promise. Do some more cards that boost locked companions, and this whole strategy just might work.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Flute Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer is Locked, he is damage +1.
Fellowship or Maneuver: If bearer is Dori, Ori or Nori, Lock bearer until the regroup phase to Unlock a Dwarven card until the regroup phase.
... Dori, Nori and Ori brought out flutes from somewhere inside their coats...
H1 C 31

Ditto here. Keep that up and you may finally win me over. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Sorry about the incosistency with my companions! And also for putting up so many at a time, but I was really bored! I also apologise in advance for any spelling errors, I’m not on firefox and i’m in a bit of a rush!

OK, Dain, check this out:

1 King’s Followers Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Maneuver: Lock this card until the regroup phase to Unlock another Free Peoples card until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Locked Dwarf strength +2.
’To me! To me! Elves and Men! To me! O my kinsfolk!’ he cried, and his voice shook like a horn in the valley.
H1 U 42

That’s all for The Hobbit, but here are 2 cards from The Battle of the Five Armies that do similar things:

1 Dwarven Throng Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven condition from play and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +3 (and damage +1 if that Dwarf is Locked.)
’Quite a merry gathering! I hope there is something left for the late-comers to eat and drink.’
H2 C 12

1 Enchanted Harp Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tales, bearer is Unlocked.
While bearer is Locked, he is strength +1.
The dark hall was filled with melody that had long been silent.
H2 C 14

You see, that was one of my twists for the Dwarves and spiders, but seeing as you’ve put up so much resistance, I thought I’d put a sneak peak up now!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed May 23, 2007 5:54 pm; edited 5 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:44 pm
Thranduil wrote:
1 Deserted Caverns Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Maneuver: Lock this card until the regroup phase to Unlock another Free Peoples card until the regroup phase.
’To me! To me! Elves and Men! To me! O my kinsfolk!’ he cried, and his voice shook like a horn in the valley.
H1 U 42

Good, especially since it’s non-unique. The title makes no sense to me when coupled with that lore, though. Think

Thranduil wrote:
1 Dwarven Throng Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven condition from play and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +3 (and b]damage +1[/b] if that Dwarf is Locked.
’Quite a merry gathering! I hope there is something left for the late-comers to eat and drink
H2 C 12

Watch that bolding, and the end of your lore. But not bad, not bad.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Enchanted Harp Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is Unlocked wguke you can spot 3 Dwarven tales.
H2 C 14

I assume that’s supposed to be "Bearer is Unlocked while you can spot 3 Dwarven tales"? Razz Fix that and reverse it: "While you can spot 3 Dwarven tales, bearer is Unlocked."

These cards just might make this whole thing work. I think there still needs to be SOMETHING that encourages using them earlier (and in the starting fellowship), and transferring of possessions would be a big plus, too. But it’s getting there.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:50 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
H1 U 42

Neat! Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
1 Dwarven Throng Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven condition from play and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +3 (and b]damage +1[/b] if that Dwarf is Locked.
’Quite a merry gathering! I hope there is something left for the late-comers to eat and drink
H2 C 12

A bit overpowered; I would make the first boost +2, and the locked boost +3. Smile

Thranduil wrote:
1 Enchanted Harp Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
H2 C 14

I assume that "wguke" is supposed to be "while". Razz I would drop the strength bonus to +1. Nifty card! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:53 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
H1 U 42
sweet!

1 Dwarven Throng Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
H2 C 12
needs something about tales in there.

1 Enchanted Harp Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
H2 C 14

ditto dain
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:02 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Good, especially since it’s non-unique. The title makes no sense to me when coupled with that lore, though. Think

You’re right, that’s the wrong title for the card! Embarassed I’ll go change it (and I’ve made changes to other cards in this thread).

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I assume that’s supposed to be "Bearer is Unlocked while you can spot 3 Dwarven tales"? Razz Fix that and reverse it: "While you can spot 3 Dwarven tales, bearer is Unlocked."

Yes it was, sorry about that everyone!

DáinIronfoot wrote:
These cards just might make this whole thing work. I think there still needs to be SOMETHING that encourages using them earlier (and in the starting fellowship), and transferring of possessions would be a big plus, too. But it’s getting there.

OK, so how about this:

0 Songs Come True Dwarven
Event • Response
If a special ability on a Dwarven instrument is used, choose one: make an opponent discard the top 2 cards of their draw deck; remove 2; or transfer that instrument to another eligible bearer.
... Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.
H1 C 51

The original card only had the first 2 abilities, so I just tagged on the third.

And here’s another 2 cards:

2 Hidden Uses Dwarven
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot a Dwarf to Unlock X Free Peoples cards until the regroup phase, where X is the number of Dwarven tales you can spot.
’There is one point that you haven’t noticed,’ said the wizard, ’and that is the secret entrance.’
H1 U 37

0 Dwarf Music Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Add 2 threats to heal each Dwarf bearing an instrument.
And suddenly first one and then another began to sing as they played, deep-throated singing of the dwarves in the deep places of their ancient homes...
H1 C 24

Mirovur eat your heart out!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu May 24, 2007 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:05 pm
Thranduil wrote:
0 Songs Come True Dwarven
Event • Response
If a special ability on a Dwarven instrument is used, choose one: make an opponent discard the top 2 cards of their draw deck; remove 2; or transfer that instrument to another eligible bearer.
... Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.
H1 C 51

The original card only had the first 2 abilities, so I just tagged on the third.

Good call, and good card. Thumbs Up

Foresight wrote:
1 Hidden Uses Dwarven
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf to Unlock X Free Peoples cards until the regroup phase, where X is the number of Dwarven tales you can spot.
’There is one point that you haven’t noticed,’ said the wizard, ’and that is the secret entrance.’
H1 U 37

Now THAT is some maor unlocking! Perhaps a little too good. I’d increase the cost to 2 or 3 and slap a toil 1 on it.

Foresight wrote:
0 Dwarf Music Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Add 2 threats to heal each Dwarf bearing an instrument.
And suddenly first one and then another began to sing as they played, deep-throated singing of the dwarves in the deep places of their ancient homes...
H1 C 24

Good. Thumbs Up

Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:55 am
Changed hidden uses. Thanks Dain!

Am I getting anymore?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards