LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:15 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I understand why you want to make it an artifact, but since Sting and Glamdring are both possessions, I feel strongly that Orcrist should be, too.

You’re absolutely right, which is why both my Glamdring and Sting are also artifacts. Should I make them all possessions instead?

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I also think I’d change his ability to +2 and exert him once, and limit it to twice per phase. I think it would see a lot more use then...you could still get the effects you have now, but you could go for something a little lesser if you don’t need +4.

I’ll change it. Thanks!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:21 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I understand why you want to make it an artifact, but since Sting and Glamdring are both possessions, I feel strongly that Orcrist should be, too.

You’re absolutely right, which is why both my Glamdring and Sting are also artifacts. Should I make them all possessions instead?

Eh...that’s a toughie. But yeah, I probably would.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
2 • Orcrist Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Maneuver: If bearer is Thorin, exert him twice to make him strength +4 (and defender +1 if you can spot an Orc) until the regroup phase.
They had called it Orcrist, Goblin-cleaver, but the goblins called it simply ’Biter’.
H1 R 47

really I would make it cost 3.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:32 pm
Okay, I’ll finish the Dwarven culture now with a party of 4.

3 • Gloin, Faithful Companion Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Gloin’s twilight cost is -1 in your starting fellowship.
Fellowship: Add a threat and play a Dwarven possession. Its twilight cost is reduced to 0.
’Will he do, do you think?’
H1 C 34

2 • Bifur, Dwarf of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Fellowship: Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck and exert Bifur to take a Dwarven event into hand from your discard pile.
’At your service!’ said Bifur, Bofur and Bombur standing in a row.
H1 R 5

2 • Bofur, Dwarf of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Discard the top card of your draw deck and exert Bofur to take a Dwarven possession into hand from your discard pile.
’I haven’t ventured to introduce them before, but here they are.’
H1 C 8

2 • Bombur, Stout Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 5
Vit: 4
Fellowship: Discard the top 3 cards of your draw deck and exert Bombur to take a Dwarven condition into hand from your discard pile.
’Bombur is the fattest and will do for two.’
H1 R 10

It’ll be elves when I get back.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sat May 26, 2007 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:31 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Add a threat and play a Dwarven possession. Its twilight cost reduced to 0.
H1 C 34
I think the wording on the first ability is a tad off. make it its twilight cost IS reduced to 0

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck and exert Bifur to take a Dwarven event into hand from your discard pile.
H1 R 5
make it or exert bifur

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Discard the top card of your draw deck and exert Bofur to take a Dwarven possession into hand from your discard pile.
H1 C 8
nice

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Discard the top 3 cards of your draw deck and exert Bombur to take a Dwarven condition into hand from your discard pile.
H1 R 10

OR exert bombur...
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:57 pm
Well, there’s now a complete list of all the Dwarven cards from The Hobbit on page 1 of this thread, but given that there are 58 of them, I doubt you’ll want to look through them!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:54 pm
considering I reviewed almost all of them already ...no Wink
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:20 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Add a threat and play a Dwarven possession. Its twilight cost is reduced to 0.
H1 C 34
Cool.

Companion • Dwarf
H1 R 5
Cool.

Companion • Dwarf
H1 C 8
Cool.

Companion • Dwarf
H1 R 10
Cool.

It’ll be elves when I get back.

Thranduil

I just said ’Cool’ 4 times. These look fine.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards