LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, so...regardless of what D does for Fellowship, I came up with a cool keyword that would work fairly well. So check it out...

-Fellowship. (Each other Fellowship companion is Resistance +1)

Like it? Basically, the more Fellowship companions out there, the more resistance for your guys. So I’ve lowered the resistance on them substantially...Here’s a few example DCs, so you get the idea...

0•Frodo, Among the Nine Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 4
Vitality: 4
Resistance: (5)
Ring-bound. Fellowship.
At the start of each skirmish involving Frodo, you may discard a fellowship companion to prevent all wounds to Frodo until the start of the regroup phase.

4•Aragorn, Chosen by Gandalf Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Resistance: 4
Fellowship. Ranger.
While Aragorn has 6 Resistance or greater, he is damage +1.
Regroup: Add a threat and spot three other fellowship companions to discard every woundNOLINKed minion.

4•Gandalf, Guide of the Nine Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Resistance: 3
Fellowship.
While Gandalf has 6 Resistance or greater, each companion is strength +1.
Maneuver: Discard a spell from hand to remove 2.

2•Gimli, Warrior of the Nine Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 2
Fellowship. Damage +1.
While Gimli has 4 Resistance or greater, he gains hunter 2.
Maneuver: Exert two fellowship companions to make the first Shadow player wound a minion twice.

2•Legolas, Good Shot Elven
Companion • Elf
Fellowship. Hunter 1.
While Legolas has 5 Resistance or greater, he is an archer.
Archery: If you have initiative, discard a card from hand to make the first Shadow player exert a minion once for each fellowship companion you can spot.

3•Boromir, Protector of the Nine Gondor
Companion • Man
Fellowship. Ranger.
While Boromir has 6 Resistance or greater, he is Vitality +1 and cannot be overwhelmed (unless his strength is tripled).
Fellowship: Exert Boromir and discard a Shire card from hand to remove a threat.

1•Merry, Halfling of the Nine Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship.
While Merry has 9 Resistance or greater, he gains the following ability: "Skirmish: If no hobbits are assigned to a skirmish, return Merry to your hand to remove a threat and heal a companion."

1•Pippin, Fool of the Nine Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship.
While Pippin has 9 Resistance or greater, each unbound Hobbit is Vitality +1.

2•Sam, Loyal Follower of Frodo Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. Fellowship.
While Sam has 8 Resistance or greater, he gains the following ability: "Response: If Frodo is killed, make Sam the Ring-bearer."
While bearing The One Ring, Sam is resistance -4.
Skirmish: Exert two fellowship Hobbits and discard a Shire follower to make Sam strength +4.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:12 pm
That’s a neat idea, but it’d be rough to follow i bet.
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:25 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Like it? Basically, the more Fellowship companions out there, the more resistance for your guys. So I’ve lowered the resistance on them substantially...Here’s a few example DCs, so you get the idea...

Maybe it’s just me, but I think that’s overpowered. Basically, Frodo is resistance +8 if you have all 9 out. That just seems not do-able. Why don’t you make it unloaded, such as Valiant or Knight is? That would be most appropriate. I’m going to review all your cards as if it were the way you have it, and if it were unloaded. Also, if there’s any gametext concerns I’ll put them in the "Resistance +" section.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. Fellowship.
At the start of each skirmish involving Frodo, you may discard a fellowship companion to prevent all wounds to Frodo until the start of the regroup phase.

Resistance +: Even with the resistance of 5, that makes Frodo weaker than he should be, or with 8 out stronger than he should be. Might raise his resistance to 8 and put a (Limit +4) cap on it. Might limit his skirmish gametext to that skirmish only. "...until the end of that skirmish."

Unloaded: Drop the fellowship keyword, give him 10 resistance, and keep his ability.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Man
Fellowship. Ranger.
Regroup: Add a threat and spot three other fellowship companions to discard every woundNOLINKed minion.

Resistance +: Good! Thumbs Up

Unloaded: Make his resistance 8, drop the first sentence and make him damage +1 if you can spot 2 other fellowship companions.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Wizard
Fellowship.

Resistance +: Neat, though I’d still take my Gandalf, Leader of the Company over him. Might make it: "While you can spot 2 other fellowship companions, each fellowship companion yadda; while you can spot 3 other fellowship companions, each fellowship companion yadda)

Unloaded: Make his resistance 7, have his gametext say each fellowship companion is strength +1.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship. Damage +1.
Maneuver: Exert two fellowship companions to make the first Shadow player wound a minion twice.

Resistance +: I’d almost be tempted to re-arrange his gametext to already have him be hunter 2. But, have it be that he has to have resistance 5 (yes 5) or greater during the maneuver phase to wound a minion. Twice just seems gah.

Unloaded: Make his resistance 6, have him already be hunter 2. Change it from maneuver to "At the start of the maneuver phase..." and make it wound a minion twice or two minions once.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Elf
Fellowship. Hunter 1.
Archery: If you have initiative, discard a card from hand to make the first Shadow player exert a minion once for each fellowship companion you can spot.

Resistance +: I’d make it resistance of 3 or higher to be an archer. I’d change his archery ability to "...discard 3 cards from hand..."

Unloaded: Drop the hunter and have him be an archer. Change his archery special ability o be: "At the start of the archery phase...".

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Man
Fellowship. Ranger.
While Boromir has 6 Resistance or greater, he is Vitality +1 and cannot be overwhelmed (unless his strength is tripled).
Fellowship: Exert Boromir and discard a Shire card from hand to remove a threat.

Resistance +: Take out the quotations of unless his strength is tripled. Drop the vitality bonus. I’d make his Fellowship special ability be a regroup ability instead.

Unloaded: Make him resistance 6, and make it so you have to spot 3 other fellowship companions for him to not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship.
While Merry has 9 Resistance or greater, he gains the following ability: "Skirmish: If no hobbits are assigned to a skirmish, return Merry to your hand to remove a threat and heal a companion."

Resistance +: Awesome! Though, for his gained skirmish special ability, I’d consider making it: "...remove a threat and heal a fellowship companion."

Unloaded: Make him resistance of 9, and have his skirmish ability be activated. Add "Spot 4 other fellowship companions" to the cost of it.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship.

Resistance +: Now this is cool! Makes Everyone Knows much more deadly, though I’d be tempted to have it say: "...each fellowship hobbit..." That way, Frodo and Sam would also get the vitality benefit.

Unloaded: Make his resistance 9, and have it "while you can spot 4 other fellowship companions, each fellowship hobbit is vitality +1."

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. Fellowship.
While Sam has 8 Resistance or greater, he gains the following ability: "Response: If Frodo is killed, make Sam the Ring-bearer."
Skirmish: Exert two fellowship Hobbits and discard a Shire follower to make Sam strength +4.

Resistance +: His first sentence is great! Though it could be worded: "...make Sam the ring-bearer (resistance 5)."

Unloaded: Make his resistance 8, make him have the response action automatically, and his skirmish ability is still perfect.

---

In retrospect: You’ve got some great ideas here, but in my honest opinion, "fellowship" is a dish best served unloaded. You have earned a GP for your creativity. Very Happy Applause
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:34 am
I have to say that I agree with pretty much everything Foresight said, especially about the keyword. Great ideas, but it would work a lot better as unloaded. Also, it’s a shame that Aragorn and Legolas don’t have ’Nine’ in their subtitle.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay, so...regardless of what D does for Fellowship, I came up with a cool keyword that would work fairly well. So check it out...

Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. Fellowship.
kinda burns on site 9 make it if the fellowship is in region 1-2

Companion • Man
Fellowship. Ranger.
cool!

Companion • Wizard
Fellowship.
should it be gandi spell?

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship. Damage +1.
works

Companion • Elf
Fellowship. Hunter 1.
good shot? WTH? Sick archery ability is too good. give it a limit of 2 and make it 2 cards fearless marksmen is 4 cards for 1 wound

Companion • Man
Fellowship. Ranger.
cool! he should have 1 resistance IMHO

Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship.
While Merry has 9 Resistance or greater, he gains the following ability: "Skirmish: If no Hobbits are assigned to a skirmish, return Merry to your hand to remove a threat and heal a companion."
cool!

Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship.
works for me

Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. Fellowship.

should fellowship be bolded in each of these instances?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:29 pm
Nice, but raise the Hobbits’ resistances to 5 or 6. That’s all I have to say.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Just keep in mind that the potential abusive resistance is pretty badly countered by Rule of 5 cards. Enquea would go to town on a deck that ran 9 Fellowship companions, as would a lot of cards. Ents can do it, but only because they’re so tough.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards