LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:01 am
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and Ring
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Free Peoples (33)
Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath (starting)
Arwen, She-Elf (starting)
Elrond, Venerable Lord
Aragorn, Defender of Free Peoples x4
Anduril, Sword That Was Broken x2
Ring of Barahir
The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
Gwemegil
Hadafang
Asfaloth, Swift Blossom
Elven Sword
Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light x2
Strength of Arms x2
Agility x2
Uncertain Future x2
Secluded Homestead x2
Trust x4
Supporting Fire x2
Lothlorien Guides x2

Okay, I just tested this deck out and it really works well. I even had 27 Elven tokens at site 9!

Get Aragorn out fast. If you don’t get him in your first hand, you should probably mulligan (unless your first hand had some amazing cards in it that don’t require Aragorn!).

Once the Elven token cards are in play, minions will fall like crazy! Strength of Arms and Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light both add tokens each time an Elf wins a skirmish, and the other conditions (Uncertain Future, Agility, and Secluded Homestead) all add a goodly amount of tokens by themselves.

When your companions get fully set up, you’ll have 4 big fighters: Arwen, Glorfindel, Elrond and Aragorn. Galadriel just sits back and stays alive as long as possible.

For healing, there is Trust (which provides strength for Aragorn as well!) and Asfaloth, Swift Blossom.

Conditions get discarded by Anduril and Lothlorien Guides. Sites can be liberated by Anduril as well.

Anduril and Gwemegil both provide damage bonuses, but you can also kill off minions fairly easily by overwhelming them with the "Remove an Elven token to make a minion skirmishing Arwen/Aragorn strength -2/-3".

Supporting Fire is just a good skirmish event for the Elves, and I actually like it better than Sprang Forth Nimbly since I would rather have a solid +3 pump than a pump that gives anywhere from +0 to +5 strength.

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:51 am; edited 3 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I always wanted to see a deck like this...nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
the angry orc
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:59 pm
i dig elf token decks...they are a lot of fun. have you had any problems with burdens or corruption shadows? or rather what do you about removing burdens, etc? would it be worth it to run an elf song or 2? what about adding a copy of the ring of barahir? the healing from trust + the ring would be sick.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:10 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Not sure you need him, but Gandalf, Returned with a couple Not the First Halfling would be an awesome addition to this deck. Your possession for him could be the Glamdring of your choice to make him a decent fighter. In fact, I’d use him instead of Glorfindel and make Fereveldir my other starting companion.

But that’s just me. *shrug*
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:36 pm
the angry orc wrote:
what about adding a copy of the ring of barahir? the healing from trust + the ring would be sick.

Doh! d'oh! I actually had the Ring of Barahir in my preliminary deck design, but I forgot to add it to this decklist. Thanks for the catch! GP Yes, Ring of Barahir would be absolutely amazing in here.

Dain: I actually don’t really think I need Gandalf, Returned in the decklist. Yes, he can reinforce a token if he wins, but every time an Elf wins I can add up to 2 tokens, because of Strength of Arms + Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light.

Thanks for the reviews!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:40 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
the angry orc wrote:
what about adding a copy of the ring of barahir? the healing from trust + the ring would be sick.

Doh! d'oh! I actually had the Ring of Barahir in my preliminary deck design, but I forgot to add it to this decklist. Thanks for the catch! GP Yes, Ring of Barahir would be absolutely amazing in here.

Dain: I actually don’t really think I need Gandalf, Returned in the decklist. Yes, he can reinforce a token if he wins, but every time an Elf wins I can add up to 2 tokens, because of Strength of Arms + Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light.

Yeah, I agree you don’t need him, but it was an interesting thought. *shrug*

Ring of Barahir is an awesome idea, though. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:25 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
do you run the prancing pony? then you could go first and get aragorn if you didn’t draw him.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
gil-estel
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:02 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Aragorn isn’t a ranger so the Prancing Pony wouldn’t do much....
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:08 am
Gil-estel is correct. That’s why I run 4 copies of DoFP, so that I can get him as fast as possible. The extra copies can then heal Gorn’s wounds.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:16 am
No Seclusion? Eh?

Ah, but I do see where my Arwen ended up. Razz
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded