LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:40 am
All good, but you should specify from play to make it absolutely clear.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:33 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay, time for...S-rarity! That’s right, Orc is one of the starters...I think.

1 Back to the Tower Orc
Event • Regroup
Remove a threat to stack up to two Ungol minions on your Orc support area possession.
"Far within he could hear faintly the voices of orcs clamoring..."
S

Awesome.
3 Ungol Patroller Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Site: 6
Ungol.
When you play this minion, you may stack an Orc minion from hand on your Orc support area possession.
While not a great fighter, he was able to bring reinforcements quickly.
S

Again awesome. Good cards.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:48 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
All right, here’s the Orc culture in its full glory...and an extra spoiler, as always!

1 Back to the Tower Orc
Event • Regroup
Remove a threat to stack up to two Ungol minions from play on your Orc support area possession.
"Far within he could hear faintly the voices of orcs clamoring..."
S

4•Gorbag, Skulking Orc Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Ungol.
When you play Gorbag, exert a companion for each Free Peoples follower over three you can spot. The Free Peoples player may add 3 to prevent this.
Gorbag was quick to strike, and had a hatred of many fair things.
R

1•Gorbag’s Sword, Jagged Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be an Orc orc. If bearer is Gorbag, bearer gains Captain 2.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, remove a threat to exert a companion.
" ’You lie quiet, or you’ll pay for it!’ "
U

1•Livery of the Red Eye Orc
Possession • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may stack an Ungol minion here and spot two followers to add a threat.
Regroup: Spot four minions stacked here and discard this possession to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion twice; the Free Peoples player may discard a follower in their support area to prevent this.
"...one marked by the Red Eye...
U

1 Quick Strike Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Ungol minion strength +1 for each minion stacked on an Orc support area possession. (limit +4)
Gorbag’s orcs were deadly when in numbers.
C

2•Snaga, Scrawny Orc Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Ungol.
While this minion is stacked on a possession, he may be played as if from hand.
" ’But I’ll come and have a look at you all the same, and see what you’re up to.’ "
C

1 Tower Chamber Orc
When this possession is discarded, spot X minions stacked here to make the Free Peoples player exert X companions.
"...the topmost chamber was reached by a trap-door in the roof of the passage."
C

1•The Two Watchers Orc
When you play this card, you may stack an Ungol minion here from hand to add a threat.
Skirmish: Remove 1 to stack an Ungol minion from play here.
Regroup: Discard three minions stacked here to add two threats; the Free Peoples player may discard a follower to prevent this.
"Visible or invisible, none could pass unheeded."
R

1 Ungol Garrison Orc
Event • Shadow
Stack an Ungol minion from hand on your Orc support area possession to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion.
Reinforcements came every day to Cirith Ungol’s watchtower.
R

3 Ungol Patroller Orc
Minion • Orc
Ungol.
When you play this minion, you may stack an Orc minion from hand on your Orc support area possession.
While not a great fighter, he was able to bring reinforcements quickly.
S

2 Ungol Skulker Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Ungol.
Skirmish: If this minion is stacked on a possession, discard it and exert a minion to make that minion strength +1.
There were many who prowled amidst the rocks around the pass of Cirith Ungol.
C

3 Ungol Tracker Orc
Minion • Orc
Ungol.
Each time this minion is assigned to skirmish a companion, you may remove a threat to exert that companion.
He wearied foes by his relentless assault.
C

1 Watchers of the Pass Orc
Event • Skirmish
Discard an Ungol minion and spot X minions stacked on an Orc support area possession to make the Free Peoples player choose either to add X threats or to discard a follower borne by a companion.
They were ever-vigilant, waiting to trap the unwary.
R

And here’s the spoiler, which I think one of the forum members will take a special interest in... Wink
3•Dain Ironfoot, Lord of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Resistance: 6
Captain 2.
While the Fellowship is at a mountain, Dain is damage +1.
While you can spot a Gandalf Man, Dain is defender +1 and takes no more than one wound per skirmish.
Skirmish: Exert Dain and add a threat to play a Dwarven skirmish event from your discard pile.
" ’...he has many people well-armed, and dwells nearest to this place. Bid him hasten!’ "
R
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
And here’s the spoiler, which I think one of the forum members will take a special interest in... Wink

Yeah, I know AP likes guys like this. Rolling Eyes

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Vitality: 4
Captain 2.
While you can spot a Gandalf Man, Dain is defender +1 and takes no more than one wound per skirmish.
Skirmish: Exert a Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven skirmish event from your discard pile.
" ’...he has many people well-armed, and dwells nearest to this place. Bid him hasten!’ "
R

As much as I hate to say it, either his vitality needs to be 3 (like the original) or his cost needs to be 4. I’d recommend the former. I also think his second ability might be a little too good...perhaps just make him defender +1, but wait for another review before changing that. I DO like it. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:01 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Vitality: 4
Captain 2.
Skirmish: Exert a Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven skirmish event from your discard pile.
R

I totally agree with Dain, though even after reducing his vitality I think he’s too good. I’d get rid of one ability and/or make his skirmish ability exert himself instead of any Dwarf.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Changes made, and here’s some more DCs...starting with one that’s been long overdue for dwarves: a battleaxe! And a couple of skirmish events...

0 Axe of the Dwarves Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make bearer strength +4.
The dwarven axe smote long and hard during the battle.
C

1 Dwarven Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf. Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him or her to wound a minion skirmishing an unbound companion.
"In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks..."
U

1 Mountain’s Shelter Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
If the Fellowship is at a mountain, make each unbound Dwarf strength +2 until the start of the regroup phase.
"They would stand a siege for weeks, and by that time yet more dwarves might come..."
C

1 Strength Combined Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Dwarf to make a Gandalf Man strength +3.
"...the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks, upon the other side; and beside them came the men of the Lake with long swords."
C
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:53 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to exert a minion skirmishing bearer.
C

Hmmm bit better than dawrven axe, not sure if it should cost.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf. Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him or her to wound a minion.
U

Yeah cool.

0 Mountain’s Shelter Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
If the Fellowship is at a mountain, make each Dwarf strength +1 until the start of the regroup phase.
"They would stand a siege for weeks, and by that time yet more dwarves might come..."
C

Not great for an event that you have to keep in your hand in case your at a mountain, but theres nothing wrong with the balance.

Event • Skirmish
"...the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks, upon the other side; and beside them came the men of the Lake with long swords."
C

Excellent!

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:10 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Changes made, and here’s some more DCs...starting with one that’s been long overdue for dwarves: a battleaxe! And a couple of skirmish events...

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf.
C
considering dwarfs damage abilities limited use...it works though.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf. Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him or her to wound a minion.
U
you could kill those skirmishing the RB, which is a tad good

Event • Maneuver
If the Fellowship is at a mountain, make each Dwarf strength +1 until the start of the regroup phase.
C
nice

Event • Skirmish
C

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:26 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf.
C

I think it should probably cost 1 as it is better than dwarven axe, but you always add a condition to reduce it’s twilight cost (eg. at a mountain site) because it’s not as good as axe of khazad-dum. Oh, and ’dwarf’ should always have a capital ’D’.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
U

Yeah, make it either skirmishing a Dwarf or skirmishing an unbound companion.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Maneuver
C

What about a clause to retrieve this card in the maneuver phase for a cost to make it more useful?

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Skirmish
C

I’d like to add ’or spot a Gandalf Man to make a Dwarf strength +3.’

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:54 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a dwarf.
C

Sweet.

Quote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
U

Really good! I’d certainly use it.

Quote:
Event • Maneuver
C

Maybe make it cost 1 for strength +2... it’s a bit weak compared to Mountain Homestead.

Quote:
Event • Skirmish
C

Neat!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards