LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:41 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, I came up with another idea for Axe of the Dwarves, because I wanted to keep it at Common quality. I think I like this latest version (discard it to make bearer strength +4), but let me know what you think.

Here’s some more Dwarven DCs for you to mull over while I’m on my trip!

2 Burning Rage Dwarven
Condition
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Limit one per bearer.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make bearer strength +1 for each wound on each character in his skirmish.
The dwarves fought with an unquenchable fury.
U

4 Dwarven Reinforcements Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Toil 2.
If the fellowship is at a mountain, spot a Dwarf to play a Dwarf companion from hand. You may play a Dwarven possession on that companion from hand.
" ’But go specially to my cousin Dain in the Iron Hills, for he has many people well-armed, and dwells nearest to this place. Bid him hasten!’ "
U

1 Friendship of Esgaroth Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Gandalf Man to reinforce a Dwarven token, or exert a Dwarf to reinforce a Gandalf token.
After the Battle of the Five Armies, the Lakemen and the Dwarves were strong allies.
U

1•Refuge of Erebor Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Dwarves and add a threat. Each time you play a Dwarven event while the fellowship is at a mountain, you may add a threat to heal a Dwarf.
The halls of the Lonely Mountain provided protection, even if the Dwarves were outnumbered.
R

2•Thorin III, Son of Dain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
While you can spot Dain Ironfoot, Thorin III is strength +1 and damage +1.
Response: If you play a maneuver event, exert Thorin III to return it to your hand instead of discarding it.
Thorin III succeeded his father Dain after the War of the Ring, and proved to be a fierce warrior.
R

2•Thorin’s Axe, Relic of the Thirteen Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Bearer must be a Dwarf. To play, add a threat.
While bearer is at a mountain, bearer is damage +1.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert bearer to make the current site a mountain until the regroup phase.
Even though Thorin Oakenshield was dead, his axe still inspired courage and valor among the dwarves when wielded by Thorin Stonehelm.
R
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:51 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Watch your language; if I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were a druggie. Razz

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2 Burning Rage Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make bearer strength +1 for each wound on each character in his skirmish.
U

I would drop the cost to 1, or give it toil 1. Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Toil 2.
If the fellowship is at a mountain, spot a Dwarf to play a Dwarf companion from hand.
" ’But go specially to my cousin Dain in the Iron Hills, for he has many people well-armed, and dwells nearest to this place. Bid him hasten!’ "
U

I would drop the cost to 2 and make it toil 1. Smile

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2 Friendship of Esgaroth Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Gandalf Man to reinforce a Dwarven token.
After the Battle of the Five Armies, the Lakemen and the Dwarves were strong allies.
U

I would add "or exert a Dwarf to reinforce a Gandalf token." Neat card! Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Dwarves and add a threat. Each time you play a skirmish event while the fellowship is at a mountain, you may heal a Dwarf.
The halls of the Lonely Mountain provided protection, even if the Dwarves were outnumbered.
R

I would make it say "...while the fellowship is at a mountain, you may add 1 to heal....". Or, you raise the cost to 3. Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot Dain Ironfoot, Thorin III is strength +1.
Response: If you play a maneuver event, exert Thorin III to return it to your hand.
Thorin III succeeded his father Dain after the War of the Ring, and proved to be a fierce warrior.
R

I would add damage +1.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert bearer to make the current site a mountain.
Even though Thorin Oakenshield was dead, his axe still inspired courage and valor among the dwarves when wielded by Thorin Stonehelm.
R

You need to stick "you may" in the response ability, I think. Think Also, it could use a damage +1 bonus. Thumbs Up

Great cards! GP
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:43 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

2 Burning Rage Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
U

Nice, limit 1 per bearer though, its already sickening with endurance of the dwarves.

Event • Maneuver
Toil 2.
If the fellowship is at a mountain, spot a Dwarf to play a Dwarf companion from hand.
U

Hmm not bad.

Event • Maneuver
U

Reduce cost to 0 as you are already exerting.

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Dwarves and add a threat. Each time you play a skirmish event while the fellowship is at a mountain, you may heal a Dwarf.
R

Hmm very powerful, only need a few events at one site and ther goes all your wounds, id add 2 or 3 threats to play it.

Companion • Dwarf
Response: If you play a maneuver event, exert Thorin III to return it to your hand.
R

Very nice.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert bearer to make the current site a mountain.
R

Sweet! Nice lot of cards CG!

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:46 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2 Burning Rage Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
U

Very dangerous, but nice one. Possibly a bit too much with 4 of these and 4 endurance of dwarves (and the ring of retribution). Maybe you should put a limit 1 per bearer on it and reduce its cost?

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Toil 2.
U

Nice, but you should add a clause that allows you to play a possession or artifact on them from your hand (like the red arrow), otherwise it isn’t worth its cost.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Maneuver
U

I would also add what AP suggested.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

An easier wording is ’Each time you play a skirmish event at a mountain site... Firstly, I think it should probably say Dwarven event. Secondly, I think you should add a clause that if you’re at a mountain site you have to discard it in the regroup phase unless you exert 2 Dwarves, for example.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
[2•Thorin III, Son of Dain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
R

Make the strength bonus +2 or include damage +1 in it. Interesting card.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
[2•Thorin’s Axe, Relic of the Thirteen Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
R

Until the regroup phase? (and you don’t need a ’may’, the fact that it’s a response makes it optional) Awsome with 4 mountain homestead, but I think it’s overcosted. If you’re going to add a threat, it should give a damage bonus.

Nice cards.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:18 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay, I came up with another idea for Axe of the Dwarves, because I wanted to keep it at Common quality. I think I like this latest version (discard it to make bearer strength +4), but let me know what you think.

2 Burning Rage Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
U
nice

Event • Maneuver
Toil 2.
U
maybe or underground cut cost to 2. maybe let them play it from draw deck.

Event • Maneuver
U
cut cost to 0

Condition • Support Area
R
nice

Companion • Dwarf
R
nice

Possession • Hand Weapon
R

gain mountin maybe? until when?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:38 am
All right, last batch of cards!

1•Dragon-Treasure Dwarven
Possession • Support Area
When you play this card, spot a Dwarf to add 2 Dwarven tokens here.
Each time you play a Dwarven event at a mountain, you may exert a Dwarf to reinforce a Dwarven token.
Regroup: Remove X Dwarven tokens from here to make the first Shadow player wound X minions. Discard this condition.
The treasure that the Dwarves had recovered from Smaug spurred them on and burned a flame in their hearts.
R

1 Iron Helm Dwarven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, you may remove 2 Dwarven tokens and discard a card from hand to prevent that.
The dwarvish helms protected his head from many a hard blow.
U

1 Strong Even for Dwarves Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf at a mountain strength +3 (and hunter 2 if you can spot a Dwarven token).
The fury of the dwarves spurred their battle-prowess.
U

2•The Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, add a threat or discard this condition.
While the fellowship is at a mountain, each Dwarf is strength +1.
While the fellowship is in Region 2, each Dwarf is damage +1.
"...they could all see the Lonely Mountain towering grim and tall..."
R
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:43 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Each time you play a Dwarven event at a mountain, you may exert a Dwarf to reinforce a Dwarven token.
Regroup: Remove X Dwarven tokens from here to make the first Shadow player wound X minions. Discard this condition.
The treasure that the Dwarves had recovered from Smaug spurred them on and burned a flame in their hearts.
R

Cool. No complaints.

1 Iron Helm Dwarven
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, you may remove 2 Dwarven tokens and discard a card from hand to prevent that.
U

Why armor? Gimlis helm and the rohirrim helms are helms.

Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf at a mountain strength +3 (and damage +1 if you can spot a Dwarven token).
U

Very powerful pump guess its ok seeing as it costs 1.

Condition • Support Area
To play, add a threat.
While you can spot only Dwarves in the fellowship, each companion may not be overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled.
R

Last bit is too powerful CG, change it to a classic region 3 something.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 am
My bad on the helm. I’ll work on The Lonely Mountain.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:34 pm
*bump* At least one more review, please?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:02 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

R

Sweet card!

Quote:
1 Iron Helm Dwarven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
U

Good. Nicely balanced.

Quote:
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf at a mountain strength +3 (and damage +1 if you can spot a Dwarven token).
U

Pales in comparison to Awkward Moment. Needs something better. Maybe some sort of hunter bonus? I don’t know.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area
To play, add a threat.
While you can spot only Dwarves in the fellowship, each companion may not be overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled.
R

Whoa! That is insane. Maybe make it each unbound companion, on the third ability, unless you want a Ring-bearer that pretty much can’t be overwhelmed...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards