LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:49 pm
As a reminder, this is part of the first of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Ring - 2
Dwarven - 58
Elven - 27
Gandalf - 38
Gollum - 21
Orc - 68
Sauron - 28
Shire - 36
White - 22

• The One Ring, Birthday-Present Ring
Str: +1
Res: +1
Maneuver: Add a burden to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While the Ring-bearer is wearing The One Ring, he or she and all cards he or she bears are Unlocked (and cannot be Locked) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
’My birthday-present... that’s what we wants now; yes, we wants it.’
H1 R 1

2 A Fourteenth Shire
Event • Skirmish
If Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish, add his strength to a Dwarf.
’Just let anyone say I chose the wrong man or the wrong house, and you can stop at thirteen and have all the bad luck you like.’
H1 R 243

1 Attercop and Tomnoddy Shire
Event • Skirmish
Force all opponents to skip their next action in a skirmish involving a Hobbit. If that Hobbit is the Ring-bearer, each Shadow player may discard 2 cards from hand to prevent this.
... no spider has ever liked being called Attercop, and Tomnoddy of course is insulting to anybody.
H1 R 244

2 Bebother These Dwarves Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo to make a Dwarf strength +3 and damage +1.
Bilbo rushed along the passage, very angry, and altogether bewildered and bewuthered - this was the most awkward Wednesday he ever remembered.
H1 R 245

2 • Bilbo, Burglar Extraordinaire Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Str: 3
Vit: 4
(Res): 8
Ring-bound.
While you can spot 5 Locked characters, Bilbo is strength +2.
Locked: (this ability is nonexistent unless this companion is Unlocked): At the start of each skirmish involving Bilbo, you may add a threat to discard a Shadow possession borne by a character.
’If I say he is a Burglar, a Burglar he is, or will be when the time comes..’
H1 R 246

2 • Bilbo, Unwilling Conspirator Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Skirmish:
If Bilbo is assigned to a skirmish, make him strength -1 until the regroup phase to make a Dwarf strength +1.
Locked: (this ability is nonexistent unless this companion is Unlocked): While you can spot Gandalf, Bilbo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
’We don’t want any more adventures here, thank you.’
H1 C 247

0 Bold Adventurer Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion, you may reinforce a Shire token (or 2 Shire tokens if that minion has strength 10 or more).
... though he would have felt a lot bolder still, if there had been anything to eat.
H1 C 248

1 Both Wrong Shire
Event • Response
If a riddle is played, spot Bilbo to choose one: shuffle your draw deck; count the number of cards in your hand, place your hand beneath your draw deck and draw the same number of cards; or play a Shire maneuver event from hand (suspending the current riddle until the event is resolved). This can change the effects of that riddle.
’String, or nothing!’ shrieked Gollum, which was not quite fair - working in two guesses at once.
H1 U 249

1 • Burglar-Expert Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Until the regroup phase, Lock each minion skirmishing a Hobbit or a Dwarf. Discard this condition.
’I am like a burglar that can’t get away, but must go on miserably burgling the same house day after day.’
H1 R 250

1 Burglarious Proceedings Shire
Event • Regroup
Spot Bilbo and exert a Dwarf (or another Hobbit) to discard a Shadow card from play.
’Silly time to go practising pinching and pocket-picking...’
H1 R 251

0 Carefully and Quietly Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer and choose one: make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase; or add a burden to take off The One Ring.
... at any rate hobbits can move quietly in woods. They take a pride in it...
H1 R 252

1 Clever At Quietness Shire
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a minions skirmishing a Hobbit.
Bearer is Locked.
Regroup: If this card is borne by a minion, you may exert a Hobbit to transfer it to another card.
The dwarves could not, of course compare with the hobbit in real stealth, and they made a deal of puffing and shuffling...
H1 C 253

1 Daisies and Sunshine Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of Free Peoples cards revealed, you may make a Hobbit strength +3 until the regroup phase.
’An eye in a blue face / Saw an eye in a green face...’
H1 U 254

1 Desperate Fight Shire
Event • Response
If a Hobbit with resistance 5 or more is about to overwhelmed, play a possession or artifact on him or her from your draw deck.
He beat the creature off with his hands... until he remembered his sword and drew it out.
H1 R 255

2 Fish, Men and Cats Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of events revealed, that Shadow player must discard all Shadow events from their hand. If it does not, that opponent may take one Shadow event into hand from their discard pile.
’Four legs got some.’
H1 U 256

3 • Fond of Visitors Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Shire token here.
Each time you play a Shire event, you may reinforce a Shire token.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from this condition and spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to heal a companion.
’Now we are all here,’ said Gandalf, looking at the row of thirteen hoods... and his own hat hanging on the pegs.
H1 U 257

0 Guessed, Not Given Shire
Event • Response
If a riddle is about to be resolved, spot Bilbo to add or subtract 1 from a number named for that riddle.. This can change the effects of that riddle.
After all, he had won the game, pretty fairly, at a horrible risk.
H1 C 258

1 Hobbit Sword Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
... something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to... carry a sword instead of a walking stick.
H1 C 259

1 Innate Luck Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: Each time a Shadow event is played, you may heal bearer.
... he was born with a good share of it...
H1 C 260

1 Inquisitive Eyes Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to reveal the top 5 cards of an opponent’s draw deck and look at the next 3. You may take the next maneuver action.
Bilbo’s eyes were seldom wrong.
H1 C 261

1 Left Behind Shire
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Shire companion to take a Shire riddle into hand from your draw deck (or from a Shire condition).
When Bilbo opened his eyes, he wondered if he had; for it was just as dark as with them shut.
H1 C 262

1 More Comfortable Journey Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Exert a companion or discard this condition to play a Shire condition from your discard pile on a Hobbit.
This time he was allowed to climb on to an eagle’s back and cling between his wings.
H1 U 263

0 One of the Best Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Discard this condition to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
’I brought him, and I don’t bring things that are of no use.’
H1 U 264

0 Out of Sight and Out of Mind Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer to make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase. Until the regroup phase, for a Shadow player to play a card with ’One Ring’ in its game text, he or she must first remove 2.
It was a turning point in his career, but he did not know it. He put the ring in his pocket almost without thinking.
H1 R 265

1 Pale Light Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) with resistance 5 or more to reveal a Shadow player’s hand. You may take the next maneuver action.
’So it is an elvish blade, too,’ he thought; ’and goblins are not very near, and yet not far enough.’
H1 C 266

1 Pity Shire
Condition
Res: +2
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Each minion skirmishing this companion is strength +1.
A sudden understanding... welled up in Bilbo’s heart: a glimpse of endless unmarked days without light or hope of betterment...
H1 R 267

1 Precious Little Time Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Shire companions) to draw a card and reinforce a Shire token. You may take the next maneuver action.
Bilbo’s next job was to loose a dwarf.
H1 U 268

1 • Sting, Elvish Blade Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Locked: Each time you play a Shire event, you may make a minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
His little sword... shone with delight as he stabbed at them.
H1 R 269

0 Teeth and Horses Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of Shadow cards revealed, you may heal 2 Dwarves (or a Hobbit twice).
’First they champ / Then they stamp, / Then they stand still.’
H1 C 270

0 Throwing Stones Shire
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Hobbit and another Dwarven or Shire companion to wound a minion (or wound a minion twice if that minion has less vitality than that Hobbit).
... indeed he could do lots of things besides blowing smoke-rings, asking riddles and cooking that I haven’t had time to tell you about.
H1 U 271

1 Unhinged Box Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal the top 5 cards of that player’s draw deck. If the named number matches the number of minions revealed, you may discard a condition. If it does not, that player may play 1 minion revealed at twilight cost -1.
’Yet golden treasure inside is hid.’
H1 C 272

0 • Unwavering Trust Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Response: If a Shire or Dwarven event is played, discard this condition to remove 3 threats or 2 burdens.
... you can see that they had changed their opinion of Mr Baggins very much, and had begun to have a great respect for him...
H1 C 273

0 Useful Possessions Shire
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Each time a Shadow event is played, you may add a burden to take this card into hand from your discard pile.
Unlock a Hobbit and any number of cards borne by that Hobbit until the regroup phase. You may take the next maneuver action.
... for they saw that he had some wits, as well as luck and a magic ring...
H1 C 274

2 What Have I Got in my Pockets? Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
To play, exert Bilbo and add a threat.
Choose an opponent who must name a number. Then reveal your hand. If that number matches the number of possessions revealed, discard 2 Free Peoples cards from play. If it does not, you may discard up to 2 minions from play.
But Bilbo could not think of any question with that nasty wet cold thing sitting next to him...
H1 R 275

1 What Have You Lost? Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal the top 5 cards of that player’s draw deck. If the named number matches the number of conditions revealed, you may remove a burden and take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile. If it does not, you must reveal your hand.
Bilbo could not guess...
H1 U 276

0 Wonderful Plan Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile.
Things were looking pretty bad again, when suddenly Bilbo reappeared, and charged into the astonished spiders unexpectedly from the side.
H1 U 277

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:39 pm; edited 17 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:52 am
Thranduil wrote:

While the Ring-bearer is wearing The One Ring, he or she and all cards he or she bears are Unlocked (and cannot be Locked) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
H1 R 1

Hmm yeah its ok, not complaining but dont know if its balanced cos ive never played with the mechanism locked obviosuly so making a ring with a new keyword is hard to judge.

Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Skirmish:
If Bilbo is assigned to a skirmish, make him strength -1 until the regroup phase to make a Dwarf strength +1.
Locked: (this ability is nonexistent unless this companion is Unlocked): While you can spot Gandalf, Bilbo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
H1 C 247

Umm yeah ok bit risky seeing as hes only a 3 to start with but good.

Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Locked:
(this ability is nonexistent unless this companion is Unlocked): At the start of each skirmish involving Bilbo, you may add a threat to discard a Shadow possession borne by a character.
H1 R 246

Cool.

Each time a Shadow event is played, you may add a burden to take this card into hand from your discard pile.
Unlock a Hobbit and any number of cards borne by that Hobbit until the regroup phase. You may take the next maneuver action.
H1 R 274

Hmm interesting. Sound.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:34 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
H1 R 1

I have a Ring with the same subtitle AND lore. Smile Anyway, fine card.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Skirmish:
H1 C 247

Neat how the Ring unlocks his one ability. THAT is a good use of the locked/unlocked thing.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Locked:
(this ability is nonexistent unless this companion is Unlocked): At the start of each skirmish involving Bilbo, you may add a threat to discard a Shadow possession borne by a character.
H1 R 246

Pretty blah...maybe add the keyword Ring-bearer.

Thranduil wrote:
H1 R 274

Especially since it recycles, this needs a low twilight cost, like 1 or 2.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:05 am
I think the recycling is so dependent on what your opponent does that it’s fine as is, but if others agree with you, I will change it.

I will also think on Burglar Extraordinaire, probably by giving him another minor ability, but I can’t think of anything good now.

Until then, here are some other cards to work with The One Ring above:

0 Bold Adventurer Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion, you may reinforce a Shire token (or 2 Shire tokens if that minion has strength 10 or more).
... though he would have felt a lot bolder still, if there had been anything to eat.
H1 C 248

And yes, DI, I do have brackets on my cards occasionally!

1 Innate Luck Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 260

1 • Burglar-Expert Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Until the regroup phase, Lock each minion skirmishing a Hobbit or a Dwarf. Discard this condition.
’I am like a burglar that can’t get away, but must go on miserably burgling the same house day after day.’
H1 R 250

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:27 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:16 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Bold Adventurer Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: Each time this companion is assigned to a skirmish, you may reinforce a Shire token (or 2 Shire tokens if that companion has resistance 5 or more).
H1 C 248

Wow cool, id make it or 2 if the assigned minion is 10 strength or more instead as 5 res for a hobbit is too easy to reinforce 2 tokens.

1 Innate Luck Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 260

Again wow, very strong.

1 • Burglar-Expert Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
H1 R 250

Niiiice.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:19 am
Great idea, lem0n! GP

Any other opinions?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:29 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Bold Adventurer Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: Each time this companion is assigned to skirmish a minion, you may reinforce a Shire token (or 2 Shire tokens if that minion has strength 10 or more).
H1 C 248

That’s pretty cool.

Thranduil wrote:
And yes, DI, I do have brackets on my cards occasionally!

Ha ha! Touché! Laughing

Thranduil wrote:
1 Innate Luck Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 260

I think I’d make it cost 2.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Burglar-Expert Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
H1 R 250

Might be cool if it had a resistance +1 bonus, so you had good reason to hold onto it if you could. Either way, once again, I think 2 or perhaps even 3 would be better.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:42 am
I’m wary of raising the costs of conditions that have no game text - especially those that depend entirely on your opponent’s cards like Innate Luck. Read before each Locked ability, ’Add a burden and...’, because that’s their effective costs.

I’d like at least one other opinion before I bump up their twilight costs.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:15 am
At this rate, I could grow old and die and still not get another opinion! Razz Where’s SoP when you need him?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:21 am
LOL you can have mine again Thran. Looks like its the only one either of us is getting at the moment!

Where is everyone?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards