LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
manu-fan
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:22 pm
--- description ---

It’s got no minions. None what so ever. Uniquely gutsy and very strange.

--- end description ---

Hi,

Fortress of Orthanc
Crags of Emyn Muil
Cavern Entrance
Slopes of Orodruin
Osgiliath Reclaimed
West Gate of Moria
Barazinbar
Moria Guardroom
Starkhorn

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Durin III, Dwarven Lord (s)
Linnar, Dwarven Lord (s)

Radagast, The Brown x2
Ring of Fury x3
Ring of Guile x2
Axe of Khazad-dum x4
Radagast’s Staff
Dwarf-lords x2
Out of Darkness x2
Battle to the Last x2
Blood Runs Chill x4
No Pauses, No Spills x3
Durability x2
Argument Ready to Hand
Nobody Tosses a Dwarf x 4
Dwarven Warrior x4

Unending Life x4
Lingering Shadow x4
Sauron’s Gaze x2
Lost in the Woods x4
Dark Temptation x2
Unimpeded x4
Chasm’s Edge x3
Not Yet Vanquished
Incited
Unabated in Malice
It’s Mine
Hidden Even From Her x2
Moving This Way x2
Final Strike x2
A Shadow Rises x4
Fat One Wants It

Here’s the strategy.

Bid 1 and hope to go first. If you do, play Moria Guardroom to draw cards when you move. Hopefully, get a NPNS in hand to draw 4 during fellowship and 2 more when you move. The shadow is all about faking out and emptying your hand. Lay down all the conditions (you will be able to play them all during your shadow phase) and end your shadow phase. Make sure that you explain that some will trigger during Maneuver or Skirmish so your opponent is worried that you’ll unleash some horrible Nazgul/Gollum swarm if they double too much.

Here’s the discard strategy. Your opponent should have slightly more shadow than FP cards in their decks. So, discarding should pick up shadow cards very slightly more than FP.

Anyway, try to stay ahead, or get Radagast to triple if necessary. Run like hell! Don’t be afraid to do what might seem like ridiculous doubles. It’s likely that your opponent will have lots of FP cards in hand, and not be able to play any (or much) Shadow.

For example, I doubled through the Crags at site 6 in one game because I could tell my opponent was hand screwed!!

Note that it’s only usually by site 5 or 6 that your opponent will realize that your are playing no minions and start pitching FP cards.

Here’s how it went down.

Game 1 vs Elf Large Fellowship Archery/Beseigers

Won the bid and went first. Gutsy doubles and some luck (Argument Ready to Hand at just the right time). Won at site 9.

Game 2 vs Gondor/Forest Nazgul

Lost the bid. Played a Lost in the Woods and something else at site 2. He was worried and stopped. I doubled past him and never looked back. Won at site 9.

Game 3 vs Elf Archery/Evil Men Archery

Won the bid. Moved ahead. Had to double through the Crags at one point when I knew he had got hardly any shadow to play. Ring of Fury was great. Won at site 9.

Game 4 vs Dwarf discard/Orc corruption-discard

Wons the bid. Had trouble moving ahead much, because of Trolls and Bound to Its Fate etc. However, he was staying behind because his deck was a shadow corruption deck. The key point was at Site 8 when he played the Watch-Tower and discarded my entire hand, when I had to double to 9. Lost corrupted at site 9 (with a couple of Bound to Its Fate).

Well, that’s it. The game is up and this deck can never be played anymore. It was fun while it lasted. Note that it contains no Hunters or Rise of Saruman, because I don’t own any.

Cheers.
Last edited by manu-fan on Fri May 25, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thats the problem with decks like these. now what you should do it put in a different side say sauron discarding corruption and play with that. then switch. lather rinse repeat.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
JayPL
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:28 am
WOW, I love original ideas like this!

One rules abuse: you cannot play NPNS and then draw cards with Moria Guardroom (when you move, it is still the Fellowship phase so The Rule of 4 applies) Smile

have a GP Cool
manu-fan
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 am
JayPL wrote:
WOW, I love original ideas like this!

One rules abuse: you cannot play NPNS and then draw cards with Moria Guardroom (when you move, it is still the Fellowship phase so The Rule of 4 applies) Smile

have a GP Cool

Is it?

Gosh, after 1 1/2 years off, I cn’t remember a damn thing.

The first game, we sat down and bid (at least I remembered that), then I said "How many cards do we draw?" Smile

Then, after playing a couple of cards my opponent reminded me that I needed to play a site Smile

Cheers.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
we have been playing consistently for 2-3 yrs. and we still have to be reminded to take back sites. generally we let people take back actions as long as we are in the same phase, and almost everyone uses my sites.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:28 pm
I don’t understand how anyone would fall for this. What kind of decks were you playing agains that you could just outrun them when you were playing no minions. I guess I don’t get it. Think
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
Anautikus
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:48 pm
in regards to what manu-fan and SoP said, we’ve been playing for about 2-3 years, and we go BACK some phases just because we have made a stupid move or two. it can get pretty bad sometimes when u just stop thinking Very Happy

ex. its assignment phase. me: "um....hey let’s go back to the maneuver phase." next turn. its the last skirmish. opponent: "hey let’s go back to the archery..." ahhh good times with LotR....gotta love this game
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
manu-fan
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:25 pm
TheShyzle wrote:
I don’t understand how anyone would fall for this. What kind of decks were you playing agains that you could just outrun them when you were playing no minions. I guess I don’t get it. Think

For the first 2 or 3 turns, they figured I was setting up some Nazgul bomb to go off. They figured it out by the time I got to site 6 or 7, but then I was ahead and moved to the end. I was lucky nobody was playing Radagast.

As I said. I only went 3-1, and felt really fortunate and lucky.

Cheers.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard