LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:34 pm
I had quite a few extra cards lying around so I figured, what the heck, lets make a deck! It turns out I had a very large amount of Southron Archery cards, so this is what I whipped up. Feel free to give me any constructive criticism you deem necessary. I’m pairin’ these bad boys with some standard Gondor Wraiths since they are, of course, the coolest looking companions.

Shadow 35

Minions:
Desert Lord x4
Southron Chieftain x2
Southron Bowman x4
Elite Archer x4
Southron Archer Legion
Southron Conqueror
Suzerain of Harad x2

Events:
Fierce in Despair
Discovered x2

Conditions:
Rout x4
Harsh Tongues x3
Seasoned Leader x4
Arrow from the South
Under Foot x2

If you can’t already tell, this deck abuses initiative. I use Harsh Tongues to get initiative regardless of the freeps hand. Then I use Rout to make them exert themselves to death (It also greatly discourages double moving Wink ). Suzerain makes sure Frodo isn’t a pincushion, and the archery total takes care of the rest. Oh, and seasoned leaders is in there because it’s just a fun combo with arrow from the south.

By the way, if any of you can think of a better freeps side to pair this with, feel free to suggest.
Last edited by PorterTroll on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:14 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
haradrim marksman also works for making sure frodo doesn’t get hit.

my favorite combo, is to toss out one of him (or a Suz) and a southron marksmen with a seasoned leader to give them 3 arhery none of which can go on frodo...(or their Rb) even better if you tossed out a desert lord previous turn
I also like to use Field of the fallen in case I have vitality left or just to make their companions worse
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:22 am
Yep. You need Haradrim Marksman. I love sticking a Seasoned Leader on a Desert Lord Dancing

Maybe Red Wrath? Or even Whirling Strike?

Oh yeah, Under Foot. NO!!!!! I HATE THAT CARD!!!!!! Crying or Very sad.

But it is awesome.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:14 pm
Thanks for the advice, I’ll take it into consideration, and by the way NBarden, I once got four seasoned leaders on a desert lord, then exerted him six times to exert six companions, then discarded an arrow from the south with seven tokens to heal him six times, then did it again! Hmmm...twelve exertions and a 23 strength minion for 6 twilight? Yes please. Very Happy
Last edited by PorterTroll on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:27 pm
I don’t see a re-post, so I’ll just move it to Casual for you (although it would seem like it’d be better suited to Expanded format; if you want it moved to there, just let me know).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:04 pm
No, I prefer it here in casual, if it were an expanded deck, i would have incorporated Mumak Commander, Giant among the swertings
Last edited by PorterTroll on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:09 pm
What? Mumak Commander is standard legal to. And you’re using cards from the Two Towers, so your in expanded anyway...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:55 pm
No, this is a movie block shadow side, not standard or expanded.
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats