LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:19 pm
As a reminder, this is part of the first of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Ring - 2
Dwarven - 58
Elven - 27
Gandalf - 38
Gollum - 21
Orc - 68
Sauron - 28
Shire - 36
White - 22

1 A Little Out of Your Way Elven
Event • Fellowship
Place an Elven follower, from play or from your discard pile, on top of your draw deck.
’We will set you right, but you had best get on foot, until you are over the bridge.’
H1 C 61

2 Doors Flung Wide Elven
Event • Fellowship
Discard an Elven follower to heal 2 wounds from companions (or 3 if the fellowship is at a dwelling site).
’Welcome to the valley!’
H1 C 62

1 Dorwinion Wine Elven
Possession
Bearer must be an Elf.
Fellowship: Discard this possession to discard a Shadow card borne by an Elven companion (and remove a threat if you cannot spot a Dwarf).
... this wine, it would seem, was the heady vintage of the greatest gardens of Dorwinion...
H1 C 63

4 • Elrond, Elf-Friend Elven
Follower
Str: +2
Res: +2
Aid - 2
While you cannot spot another Elven follower, bearer is strength -2.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, you may heal them.
He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer.
H1 R 64

1 Elven Armor Elven
Possession ● Armor
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1 for each wound on that minion.
A hobbit in elvish armour, partly wrapped in an old blanket, was something new to them.
H1 U 65

1 Elven Bow Elven
Possession ● Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf.
Bearer is an archer.
As soon as they had landed he had bent his bow and fitted an arrow...
H1 C 66

3 Elven Captain Elven
Companion ● Elf
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Res: 5
While you can spot an Elf, this companion’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion.
’Very good,’ laughed the chief of the guards, ’I’ll taste with you, and see if it is fit for the king’s table.’
H1 U 67

2 Elven Hunter Elven
Companion ● Elf
Str: 6
Skirmish: Heal a minion this companion is skirmishing to take an Elven event into hand from your discard pile.
In fact the subjects of the king mostly lived and hunted in the open woods, and had houses or huts on the ground and in the branches.
H1 U 68

1 Elven Merrymaker Elven
Follower
Str: +1
Aid - 2
To play, spot an Elf or an Elven follower.
Each fierce minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
So they laughed and sang in the trees...
H1 C 69

1 Elven Minstrel Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
While you can spot another Elven follower, bearer and all cards borne by them are Unlocked.
He loved elves, though he seldom met them, but he was a little frightened of them too.
H1 C 70

2 Elven Sentry Elven
Companion ● Elf
Skirmish: Heal a minion this companion is skirmishing to exert another minion.
There were many people there, elvish-looking folk, all dressed in green and brown...
H1 C 71

2 Elven Spear Elven
Possession ● Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time bearer is assigned to skirmish a minion, you may exert that minion.
Their spears and swords shone in the gloom with a gleam of chill flame...
H1 C 72

1 Elven Storyteller Elven
Follower
Aid - 3
Each time you transfer this to a companion, you may spot another Elven follower to remove a burden.
I wish I had the time to tell even a few of the tales or one or two of the songs they heard in that house.
H1 U 73

1 Elven Wine Elven
Possession
Bearer must be an Elf.
Fellowship: Discard this possession to heal an Elf (and remove a threat if you cannot spot a Dwarf).
’Now come with me,’ he said, ’and taste the new wine that has just come in.’
H1 U 74

1 Fair Nonsense Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion bearing an Elven follower strength +2. Then, if that companion has resistance 7 or more, you may heal him or her.
O! What are you doing, / And where are you going? /// O! tra-la-la-lally / here down in the valley!
H1 C 75

1 Feathered Elven
Event ● Skirmish
Make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -2 for each wound on that minion.
Now he sent a swift and sure shot into the leaping beast.
H1 C 76

1 Great Hunt Elven
Event ● Skirmish
Make an Elf strength +2. If that Elf wins this skirmish, you may wound a minion skirmishing an archer.
... though they saw no sign of it.
H1 U 77

2 ● Legolas, Elven Prince Elven
Companion ● Elf
At the start of the archery phase, you may spot 3 Elves to wound a minion.
For most of them... were descended from the ancient tribed that never went to Faerie in the West.
H1 R 78

1 Merry Singing Elven
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Elves (or discard an Elven follower) to remove 2 threats.
Loud and clear and fair were those songs.
H1 C 79

2 Moon-Letters Elven
Condition ● Support Area
Maneuver: Spot an Elf (or 3 Elven followers) to discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Free Peoples card, you may exert X minions where X is the twilight cost of the discarded card. Discard this condition.
Locked: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may reveal the bottom card of your draw deck. Discard it, return it, or place it on top of your draw deck.
H1 R 80

3 Neverending Feast Elven
Event ● Fellowship
To play, spot 3 Elves.
Heal 2 Elves and draw 2 cards.
’I dreamed I was walking in a forest rather like this one, only lit with torches on the trees... and there was a great feast going on, going on for ever.’
H1 R 81

2 Rivendell Elf Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion in that skirmish must exert.
They were elves of course.
H1 C 82

0 Rune-Master Elven
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Each time a possession is played on a companion, you may exert him or her to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
Spot an Elf (or discard an Elven follower) to Unlock a Free Peoples card until the end of the regroup phase.
Elrond knew all about runes of every kind...
H1 U 83

0 ● Secret Valley Elven
Condition ● Support Area
Each Elven follower’s twilight cost is +4, even in your draw deck or hand.
Locked: Each time you play an Elven follower, its twilight cost is -6.
Bilbo never forgot the way they slithered and slipped in the dusk down the steep zig-zag path...
H1 U 84

2 ● The Last Homely House Elven
Condition ● Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot 3 Elven followers to heal each companion.
At the start of each turn that the fellowship is at a dwelling site, you may spot Elrond and add 1 to heal a companion.
His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or just sitting and thinking...
H1 R 85

4 ● Thranduil, Elvenking Elven
Companion ● Elf
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 6
Skirmish: If you cannot spot a Dwarf, heal a minion Thranduil is skirmishing to make a minion strength -1 (or -2 if skirmishing Thranduil).
On his head was a crown of berries and red leaves, for the autumn was come again...
H1 R 86

1 Wise Advice Elven
Condition ● Support Area
To play, spot an Elf (or an Elven follower).
Maneuver: Exert an Elf (or discard an Elven follower) to reveal the top card of your draw deck.
Locked: Maneuver: Place an Elven card from play on top of your draw deck. Discard this condition.
’Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks...’
H1 U 87

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:11 pm; edited 14 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Follower
Aid - 3
When Elven Storyteller transfers to a companion, you may spot another Elven follower to remove a burden.
I wish I had the time to tell even a few of the tales or one or two of the songs they heard in that house.
H1 U 73
should be Each time...

1 Elven Minstrel Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
While you can spot another Elven follower, bearer and all cards borne by them are Unlocked.
He loved elves, though he seldom met them, but he was a little frightened of them too.
H1 C 70
nice!

1 Elven Merrymaker Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
H1 C 69
I guess tack on a resistance boost

1 Rivendell Elf Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion in that skirmish must exert.
H1 C 82
works for me

2 • Elrond, Elf-Friend Elven
Follower
Aid - 3
When Elrond transfers to a companion, you may heal them.
He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer.
H1 R 64

Each time elrond transfers...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:31 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Follower
Aid - 3
When Elven Storyteller transfers to a companion, you may spot another Elven follower to remove a burden.
H1 U 73

I understand the title, but I’m not too fond of "storyteller". *shrug* In the text, it should be simply "this" instead of the title, in the same vein as other followers like Pallando, Far-travelling One, Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer, Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor, etc.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Elven Minstrel Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
H1 C 70

Good, especially since you can transfer it to ANY character without a penalty. If you haven’t done so already, some raven and/or thrush followers for the Dwarven and Gandalf cultures could do the same thing. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
1 Elven Merrymaker Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
H1 C 69

Interesting.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Rivendell Elf Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
H1 C 82

Very bland title, but an okay card. Maybe a little TOO good, though...perhaps make his initial cost 2?

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Elrond, Elf-Friend Elven
Follower
Aid - 3
When Elrond transfers to a companion, you may heal them.
H1 R 64

I think "Elf-friend" is pretty obvious, so perhaps a different subtitle. I think I’d make his initial cost the usual 4 and lower his aid cost to 2.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:25 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
In the text, it should be simply "this" instead of the title, in the same vein as other followers like Pallando, Far-travelling One, Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer, Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor, etc.

Done that. Thanks!

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Good, especially since you can transfer it to ANY character without a penalty. If you haven’t done so already, some raven and/or thrush followers for the Dwarven and Gandalf cultures could do the same thing. Thumbs Up

I had actually never thought of that! There are 3 ravens and 1 thrush in the Battle of the Five Armies, and I shall think on your suggestion. GP

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I think "Elf-friend" is pretty obvious, so perhaps a different subtitle. I think I’d make his initial cost the usual 4 and lower his aid cost to 2.

I chose it because that’s how he’s referred to in the hobbit, and most of the other obvious ones like lord of rivendell are taken. I changed his cost though.

Now for some support cards:

2 Doors Flung Wide Elven
Event • Fellowship
Discard an Elven follower to heal 2 wounds from companions (or 3 if the fellowship is at a dwelling site).
’Welcome to the valley!’
H1 C 62

1 Merry Singing Elven
Event • Fellowship
H1 C 79

1 Fair Nonsense Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion bearing an Elven follower strength +2. Then, if that companion has resistance 7 or more, you may heal him or her.
O! What are you doing, / And where are you going? /// O! tra-la-la-lally / here down in the valley!
H1 C 75

Event • Fellowship
Place an Elven follower, from play or from your discard pile, on top of your draw deck.
’We will set you right, but you had best get on foot, until you are over the bridge.’
H1 C 61

And continuing my cycle:

0 Rune-Master Elven
Each time a possession is played on a companion, you may exert him or her to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
Spot an Elf (or discard an Elven follower) to Unlock a Free Peoples card until the end of the regroup phase.
H1 U 83

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon May 28, 2007 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Doors Flung Wide Elven
Event • Fellowship
Discard an Elven follower to heal 2 companions (or a companion twice).
’Welcome to the valley!’
H1 C 62
maybe or 3 if at a sanctuary? you could just say to heal 2 wounds from companions (or 3 if at a sanctuary) or maybe dwelling too

1 Merry Singing Elven
Event • Fellowship
H1 C 79
nice

1 Fair Nonsense Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion bearing an Elven follower strength +2. Then, if they have resistance 7 or more, you may heal them.
H1 C 75
Laughing nice

Event • Fellowship
H1 C 61
works for me
0 Rune-Master Elven
Each time a possession is played on a companion, you may exert them to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
H1 U 83
Thranduil

does he play runescape? Laughing nice
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:34 pm
Thranduil wrote:
1 Doors Flung Wide Elven
Event • Fellowship
’Welcome to the valley!’
H1 C 62

SoP’s wording is a little better.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Merry Singing Elven
Event • Fellowship
H1 C 79

It works.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Fair Nonsense Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion bearing an Elven follower strength +2. Then, if they have resistance 7 or more, you may heal them.
H1 C 75

"Then, if that companion has...you may heal him or her."

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Fellowship
H1 C 61

Okay.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Rune-Master Elven
Each time a possession is played on a companion, you may exert them to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
H1 U 83

"...exert him or her to..."

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:32 pm
Thranduil wrote:
1 Doors Flung Wide Elven
Event • Fellowship
’Welcome to the valley!’
H1 C 62

Make it cost 2.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Merry Singing Elven
Event • Fellowship
H1 C 79

Neato! Would be deadly in a Rumil/Orophin Elven hunters deck. Makes Into The West seem obsolete!

Thranduil wrote:
1 Fair Nonsense Elven
Event • Skirmish
H1 C 75

Not bad.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Fellowship
H1 C 61

Again not bad, goes nicely with aforementioned cards. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
0 Rune-Master Elven
H1 U 83

Another key to unlock locked cards! It’s similar to Broken in Defeat, but you have to exert each time so that balances out methinks.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:24 pm
Thanks for reviews everybody! I’ve changed the cards according to suggestions.

And there was I trying to be totally egalitarian by putting ’them’ down wherever possible!

Three conditions to finish it off, two of which will make A Little Out of Your Way make a lot more sense.

Condition ● Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot 3 Elven followers to heal each companion.
At the start of each turn that the fellowship is at a dwelling site, you may spot Elrond and add 1 to heal a companion.
His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or just sitting and thinking...
H1 R 85

0 ● Secret Valley Elven
Condition ● Support Area
Bilbo never forgot the way they slithered and slipped in the dusk down the steep zig-zag path...
H1 U 84

2 Moon-Letters Elven
Condition ● Support Area
Maneuver: Spot an Elf (or 3 Elven followers) to discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Free Peoples card, you may exert X minions where X is the twilight cost of the discarded card. Discard this condition.
Locked: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may reveal the bottom card of your draw deck. Discard it, return it, or place it on top of your draw deck.
H1 R 80

Next time it will be the Elves of Mirkwood.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue May 29, 2007 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:34 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Condition ● Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot 3 Elves to heal each companion.
At the start of each turn, you may spot Elrond and add 1 to heal a companion.
H1 R 85
make the second ability only apply if at a dwelling or sanctuary

0 ● Secret Valley Elven
Condition ● Support Area
H1 U 84
even in your draw deck or hand? and the use of that is?

2 Moon-Letters Elven
Condition ● Support Area
Locked: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may reveal the bottom card of your draw deck. Discard it, replace it, or place it on top of your draw deck.
H1 R 80

replace it with what?
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:33 am
Thranduil wrote:
Condition ● Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot 3 Elves to heal each companion.
At the start of each turn, you may spot Elrond and add 1 to heal a companion.
H1 R 85

I agree with SoP: make one of the abilities only apply to dwellings and sanctuaries. And MAYBE change the first one to 3 Elven followers instead of Elves.

Thranduil wrote:
0 ● Secret Valley Elven
Condition ● Support Area
H1 U 84

Yeah, I don’t understand the wording of the first part.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Moon-Letters Elven
Condition ● Support Area
Locked: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may reveal the bottom card of your draw deck. Discard it, replace it, or place it on top of your draw deck.
H1 R 80

I think you should say "place it beneath your draw deck" or simply "return it" instead of the now-very-confusing "replace it".

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards