LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:27 pm
this is a deck that tries to bring back a favorite decktype of mine from movie std, DOFP elven token love

FP 35 cards

RB
Isildur bearer of hierlooms
the one ring ring of doom

Starting fellowship
Gimli eagle hunter
Arwen she-elf

DD

Artifacts
gift of the evenstar blessed light

companions
legolas companion of the ring 3
Aragorn swift hunter

Conditions
shake off the shadows 2
uncertain future 2
forth of the three hunters 3
Focus 3

Events
Farwell to lorien 2
seculsion 2

Possessions
strands of elven hair 2
asfaloth elven steed
hadafang
long knives of legolas
Elven bow 2
axe of khazad-dum
dwarven bracers
Rangers cloak 2
ithilen blade

the shadow is an Men casual of course using token abuse with no rare card support helps keep the deck casual
the free peeps is fairly solid basiucally abuse the hell out of forth the three hunters combined with arwen and token loading, i choose to take the fighting legolas over most other as he gives me a chance to avoid archery if i choose to ( i dont always use the elven bows in play)
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:29 pm
Hearth and Hall?

Also, I would use Legolas, of the Woodland Realm and Aragorn, Thorongil.

I assume that you grab Aragorn with the Prancing Pony. Any the Choice of Luthien?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:32 pm
the deck is used online and ROS and T&D aint live yet Sad

as for gorn i use the S hunter just for those rare instances where i dont have the support for forth of three hunter and any non hunter would negate that card

and as for legolas he is ment to be a solid fighter to the best of his bare ability which makes companion of the ring better
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:34 pm
I disagree. Legolas, of the Woodland Realm is only one strength lower, and then you have Hunter synergy even better. Add to that he’s an archer and can throw the archery up against hunters. Forth The Three Hunters has a great card drawing ability as well...
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:36 pm
sorry was thinking of another legolas, my bad, however as i dont have that card as of yet online i cant use him unfortunately. my collection online is fairly limited for the most part so im generally working off of a C/U/P card pool with a few Rares that i have had hte chance to trade for or gotten from friends
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:40 pm
Betcha were thinking Legolas, of the Grey Company huh?

Anyways, getting Legolas is top priority. I would grab Arwen later on and start Legolas and Gimli, grab Aragorn with East Wall of Rohan and then draw Arwen later, after you get some tokens set up. Gandalf, Returned would be good to get when RoS releases online. And D said it would. Buy that complete set of RoS through Age’s End. Dancing
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:43 pm
yea i plan on getting 4 copies of the online one just so i can get it all foiled playset Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats