LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
What should be done about Elven Armaments?

X it  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Leave it  
37%
  [ 11 ]  37%

R it in expanded play  
10%
  [ 3 ]  10%

Ignore the last sentence  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Change the last sentence to Both the fellowship and minion archery totals are -3  
20%
  [ 6 ]  20%

Make it unique  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 29
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:12 pm
So far, there has been very little agreement with what to do with overtly broken cards released in T & D.
Given this, I’ve decided the best approach is to look at each one card by card, making all decisions on one before moving to the next, creating a full ’Unofficial Cobracards Errata’.

We’ll only deal with cards that are obviously broken or overpowered (though there will clearly be some disagreement on that), and we’ll go about it in the following way:

1) Post any ideas we have for errata (on the card in question) in this thread
2) Then I’ll add a poll with the various different opinions represented, and we’ll vote on them.
3) After a decision has clearly been reached, we’ll move onto the next card (moving in number order).

There are also some general rules to consider:
1) If possible, changing a card is better than X-ing a card
2) That said, changing any more than a few words or a sentence will make it hard for people to remember, and so should be minimised, if we go for that at all
3) We’re not dealing with rubbish or cards worded incorrectly, as the former are too subjective and the latter have obvious solutions that we don’t need to deal with (like the card that gives you a defender bonus in the maneuver phase only).

So, the first on my list is Elven Armaments:

I have a very simple solution to this card:
Ignore the sentence ’While a unique companion...’ and leave the rest of the card as it is.

Any other suggestions?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue May 29, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:56 pm
There’s already a topic which offers the same services: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about4384-0.html

However, NBarden hasn’t updated the topic or organized everything in the first post. *hinthint* If he’s going to let that one die, then I’ll post a few errata ideas in here.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:27 pm
Ah, I hadn’t seen that. I do think, however, that a seriously organised approach is the best one, even if it means regurgitating ideas in NB’s thread here.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:48 pm
I agree, just omit the part about "while a unique companion bears this" and it will be fair.
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:06 pm
I would just use the other one. Build off that. I organized everything, let me find the post...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
wraithsonwings
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:08 pm
i think that card is fine the way it is. if the evil men are having such a problem then simply kill the companion directly or use 4 mumak riders in their deck even though they should anyway.
"We travel light, Let's hunt some Orc".
Piecesofeight
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:10 pm
It is fine the way it is, saruman snows was banned becuase it created difficulties in creating new strategies, Decipher is not creating any new cards so therefore this doesnt create any problems.
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 pm
Here’s my list. See, I am organized.

Errata
Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast- 12R105
Errata-d
3•Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast Orc
Minion • Orc
8/3/4
Lurker
Shadow:
Exert Troll’s Keyward and reveal your hand to add 1 for each Orc Troll revealed. (Limit: twice per phase)
Tending the Cave Troll is a task neither envied nor respected within the tribes of Moria.

Clarification
Ted Sandyman, Chief Man’s Ally- 18U75
This minion can only stack a man on a shadow support area possession.

Clarification
Harry Goatleaf- 18C68
This minion is unique.

Clarification
Ranger of the North- 18R55
His text reads "you may exert bearer to make him or her defender +1 until the regroup phase.

Clarification
Pull of the Ring- 18R133
This card reads "or have a Wraith minion lose fierce and gain hunter 2 until the regroup phase.

Errata
Faramir, Captain of Ithilien- 18R48
Errata-d card.
3 •Faramir, Captain of Ithilien Gondor
Companion • Man
7/3/7
Ranger. Hunter 2.
If Faramir is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: Exert Faramir to heal another companion with resistance 5 or more.
"There are no travelers in this land. Only servants of the Dark Tower."

Clarification
Sting of Shelob- 18R35
The Free Peoples player may not spot the ring-bearer.

Note
White Hand Attacker- 18C124
You may include up to 4 copies of this card in a deck along with up to four copies of White Hand Attacker- 17C120.

Errata
Whisper in the Dark -18C77
Errata-d
0 Whisper in the Dark Men
Condition
To play, spot a Men minion.
Plays on a follower. Limit 1 per follower.
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples playerr must exert an unbound companion.
"My lord, Gandalf the Grey is coming. He’s a herald of woe."

Clarification
Grond, Forged with Black Steel
This card may only remove cards in the Free Peoples draw deck from the game.

Errata
Frenzy of Arrows- 18U79
Errata-d
2 Frenzy of Arrows Orc
Event • Archery
Spot a Orc minion to add 1 to the minion archery total. Then add an additional 1 to the minion archery total for each follower you spot.
"The black fletched arrows of Sauron’s armies found many targets"

Errata
Elven Armaments -18U8
Errata-d
2 Elven Armaments Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon/Shield
Strength: +2
Vitality: +1
To play, discard all other possessions borne by bearer. Bearer must be an Elven companions.
Bearer may not bear any other possessions.
While a unique companion bears this possession, the minion archery and fellowship archery totals are each -3.
"Tangado haid!"

Errata
The Faithful Stone- 18R50
Errata-d
3 •The Faithful Stone Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Gondor tokens on this condition cannot be reinforced.
Each time a non-Wraith minion is played, you may exert a Gondor Man add a Gondor token here.
Maneuver: Remove 3 Gondor tokens from here to spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
Each turn was guarded my Pukel-men stones with their huge. clumsy arms folded across their round bellies.

Updated X-list

Standard
11C132- Orkish Smith
13R108- Forced March
17C80- Orkish Lackey
18U25- Perspective
18U78- Destroyers and Usurpers
18R80- Gothmog, Morgul Leader

Expanded

17C80- Orkish Lackey
18U25- Perspective
18U78- Destroyers and Usurpers
18R80- Gothmog, Morgul Leader

With Whisper in the Dark, it does the exact same thing only the card isn’t being borne by a follower.
Last edited by NBarden on Thu May 31, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 pm
I think the card is fine as it is. It does shut down Shadow archery, but look on the other side of the coin: it also shuts down FP archery.
I had to put something here.
wraithsonwings
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:17 pm
i agree with Anonymous Prodigy
"We travel light, Let's hunt some Orc".

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit