LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:37 pm
--- description ---
After his imprisonment in the Halls of Mandos, Morgoth returns to his evil.
--- end description ---

“Bring forth the prisoner!” commanded Manwë.

The Valar watched in silence as the prisoner was brought forward from the Halls of Mandos. Chained hand and foot, Morgoth, the evil Lord of Angband, walked in front of the leaders of Valinor. Morgoth’s faced showed repentance for his past deeds, and all thought that Morgoth had repented.

“Melkor,” Manwë began. “You have showed yourself a menace to Arda, you have destroyed the Two Lamps of Arda, and have captured and tortured many of the race of the Noldor, first children of Illuvatar. For this, you have been imprisoned and sentenced to three ages in the Halls of Mandos. However, justice has been served, and hereby we release you from your imprisonment, trusting that your imprisonment has caused you to change your ways. Therefore, I release you from your bonds on condition that you swear to remain forever in Valinor and never again return to your evil ways.”

Morgoth replied, “Most noble Manwë, Chief of the Valar, Mouthpiece of Illuvatar, this I so swear. That in penitence for my wrong-doings and sorrow over the evil that I hat caused, and in eternal gratitude for your mercies, I swear to abide by your wishes and remain in Valinor under the watch of the Valar and the Noldor which I have oppressed, and to turn from mine evil, back to Illuvatar.”

With that, Manwë released the bonds that held Morgoth and said, “You shall be held to your word, Melkor. Take care, for the wrath of the Valar is great and their vengeance swift if you break your vow.”

With that, the ceremony ended. The Valar and Noldor began to disperse.

After all had gone, Melkor let out a laugh. An evil sinister laugh. “Sauron!” Melkor called to his companion. “We have work to do.”

Morgoth was soon back to his malicious workings. Corrupting the heart of Feanor, crafter of the Silmarils, Morgoth stole the Silmarils, broke the command of Manwë and fled Valinor, seemingly disappearing off the Earth.

“Fingyl!” called Finalfyn. “Are all the supplies ready?”

“Yes Finalfyn,” replied Fingyl. “We are ready to depart.”

“Then let us load the pack horses,” replied Finalfyn. The company began to load the pack-horses in the courtyard and prepare for their great expedition to the North. The company was an unlikely band, men, elves, and dwarves gathered for a small expedition northwards to discover the new lands of Arda. Little did they know what they were about to find.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:46 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Kvam looked around, an unlikely party, consisting of several races, but it was their job to scout the unknown territories of Arda. Finalfyn, the leader of the company, seemed certain that they would encounter no danger, however, something told Kvam it wouldn’t be that easy

Nagrom looked around, at last, his master Sauron was back, and the great lord Morgoth had returned, once again, they would conquer the free lands of Arda.
"Nagrom!" another Orc General yelled at him, "Sauron the Great Wishes Your Presence!" "Yes General." responded Nagrom. as he entered the tent, Sauron acknowledged him and said "We need a strike force ready in a month, you are to train and command them, report to me when they are ready, Dismissed." as Nagrom hurried out of the tent, he thought "Well one thing Sauron Hasn’t Lost is his impatience."
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:16 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Nagrom walked up to Ghash-Khan, who was busy fighting another orc who had made fun of his weapon, a barbed whip, he also carried a wooded shield and a knife, but his whip was his favorite of his armaments. it had started when the orc had said to no one in particular "I can’t believe Ghash-khan is still alive, with just a piece of string for a weapon. Now my axe, that is a real weapon"
"I would like you to know" He replied "that this ""piece of string"" he killed many an elf...AND orc "
The other orc laughed and after some heated argument they began to fight. first it had been with first, teeth and claws. The other orc was slightly larger, but Ghash (I will call him this for short) he bested him by a very nice bite in his side, followed up by a punch to his stomach and a kick in the chest. Then the orc had grabbed his axe and came at him. He had barely gotten his shield up in time, and the orcs blow cut it in 2. NOW he was angry. HE grabbed his dagger and threw it, getting the orc off balanced then he took his whip out from its pouch and got to business. at the end of the whip was a 6 inch long blade what his basic strategy was to curl the whip around their body and the blade would plunge in, then he would draw them close and finish his enemy off with a thrust of his dagger.
That would be too kind for this whippersnapper he decided. He kept him deftly at bay with calculated lashes. Then moved in with a flick of his wrist, his enemies wrist went flying, or more accurately, his enemies hand. then he brought it back, swiftly disconnecting the detachable blade and went intot he fray again,. Nagrom watched as he hit the orc in every possible place, but without the blade on it, none of them were fatal. Finally 15 minutes later, the orc was a bloody mess on the floor. Ghash walked up to him and said. "Bested by a piece of string, how sad." Now being an orc, and not wanting enemies, he then wrapped the whip around his windpipe with a twist of his elbow and strangled what life was left out of the orc. Tkae him away. He grunted to the orcs who had been watching the fight, they walked forward grabbed up the body and left "oh and i want his armor and weapons in my cave."
"Ah Nagrom he said, what brings you to my corner of camp?"
Morgoth and Sauron have returned. Sauron wants me to ready a strike force, I want you to be my second in command. "Why me?" Ghash asked inquisitively.
"You are a good fighter, instill discipline and order, and no when to curve your ambitions before they hurt someone" Nagrom said with a devilish grin.
" I am honored Nagrom" he said with a half bow.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 pm
Finalfyn rose. Turning to the unlikely group of citizens of Arda, he turned and rose.

"Citizens of Arda! We begin our quest! Our mission is to push far into the northern realms to discover new lands for the peoples of Arda! We begin tomorrow at sunrise. Prepare yourselves!"

Turning to Fingyl, Finalfyn began to go through the stores and make sure everything was ready.

Morgoth took forth a piece of black iron. Fashioning it into a crown, he took stretched out his hand to grab a Silmaril.

"AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" screamed Morgoth in pain. All of his subjects froze. The scream of a Valar, albeit a fallen one, is terrible and disheartening.

Gazing at his palm, Morgoth saw that it had been turned black. In determination, Morgoth graped the Silmaril, wincing in pain, and placed it into the black iron crown. This he did for the other Silmarils. Raising his crown, he set it on his head, and all bowed before him in his terror and power.

"Sauron!" said Morgoth. "Begin breeding our army!"
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:17 pm
Deep in the confines of the underground fortress, Sauron prepared the plans for the assault upon the Free Peoples of Arda. Within hours, the breeding of the great army had began. Sauron watched as the metalworkers fashioned swords and spears for the foul army.

Suddenly, the ground shook and the Orcs screamed. Sauron turned and watched as a huge serpentine shape emerged from the ground and belched forth fire. Sauron used his will to bring the creature’s gaze to his, and their eyes met. The Dragon threw its huge bulk upon the ground and spoke in a hissing whisper. “I am under thy command, my lord Sauron.”
I had to put something here.
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Huor Sîrfalas mounted his horse, and turned toward the assembling group..
He saw a Dunedain, Celeglin , who he had met before..Huor knew him to be a sad but noble elf, one who had nothing but disdain for the Noldor.

He will be a nice ally, but what do we have to fear? We are just exploring the northern lands, and Morgoth, that monster! has been imprisoned by the gods....

" Hello Celeglin" called Huor ..but Celeglin was talking fast in elvish to the leader of their quest, Finalfyn.
Huor decided to wait to talk to Celeglin some other time, he surveyed the motley group, dwarves conversing in their harsh and guttural tongue, rarely seen outside their mines, some had come nonetheless. Elves, and many men made up the rest. All seemed excited to start on what would be a grand adventure.

Ever since the Shadow of Morgoth had been lifted, the spirits of everyone on Arda had soared.

Huor turned his steed and headed to the front of the group, anxious to start on their way.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:05 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
As the small group of explorers were about to start out, Manwe came and said "You Chosen ones of Arda, begin your quest and may the blessings of the Valar and the Illuvatar protect you!"

Nagrom turned away from Ghash-Khan and went to the orc pit, gathering a small group of skilled Swords and Axe-men, immediatly after, he went to see Sauron.
Last edited by legoles3333 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ghash had chosen his personal favorite orcs. all armed with somewhat unconventional weapons. one had a crossbow, another a sword-breaker and a dirk. another a simply big stick. and the last a a flail with warg claws and teeth. Then he decided to look at what the orc he had killed had left. He went through it and found a crude metal shield. Chain-body and a dagger. Not bad he thought.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:45 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Fingyl prepared the food supplies and water rationing. At his left side hung one of his Naugrim blades, though he knew he would not have to use it now, not until the journey began. Night drew on, though it was some what different than the previous nights. a wind was blowing from the north. A deep dark, freezing wind. It was very unusual that such a wind would come from the undiscovered land... All the company had settled for the night, and were in a deep sleep. Finalfyn came up to Fingyl, "All the supplies are checked. We have enough supplies to last for several months. Get some sleep i feel now may be one of the few times we have to rest." He smiled and walked to his mat on the ground, laid down and fell in to deep sleep. Fingyl was walking to his mat, Finalfyn was now asleep and all was quiet.

Halfway to his mat, Fingyl turned. What was that noise? He turned to the others to see if they too had heard. No they hadn’t. Was the wind playing tricks on him? he walked to a rock that stood higher than the rest, and jumped upon it. he gazed into the darkness, and listened. the sound was more frequent now. where was it coming from? his gaze was now facing the north. For the entire night he sat on the rock and listened to the noise.

Dawn was only a few hours away. The noises were not just the sounds of the wind, they were voices. The voices of trees, grass, every good thing Eru Iluvitar had made on the earth. They were screaming out in pain and agony. What was this new terror they were trying to find?

For what seemed like a thousand years, Fingyl waited for morning, trying to figure out this new puzzle.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:10 pm
Two weeks passed, and the breeding of Morgoth’s army was nearly complete. Eighty thousand Orcs, as well as nearly a dozen Dragons, were ready to wage war on the Free Peoples of Arda.

Sauron watched as the smiths forged huge black swords for the larger Orcs. Turning to the chief smith, he spoke. “Double the size of this one,” he said, grabbing the largest of the blades. “Yes, my lord,” said the Orc.

Sauron commanded the swiftest Orcs to scout out the land. The battle was coming...
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:47 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing