LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:32 pm
The company was soon ready. Their mission was to discover the uninhabited lands of the North, or what they assumed were uninhabited. But soon, they were to discover that they were indeed inhabited, so very inhabited.

But for now, the party was high-spirited. "Citizens of Arda!" proclaimed Finalfyn "We venture into the unknown! We now proceed, ready to conquer the unknown and to bring new lands and their wealth under the subjection of the Children of Illuvatar! Forth for discovery! Forth for honor and glory! For the elves! For men! For all of Arda! Let us set forth!"

With that, the company gave a cheer and started. Finalfyn surveyed the group of men and elves, and felt confident that they would be able to handle whatever the cruel north dealt them.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:20 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Huor had gathered with the rest of the band to listen to the elf leader, Finalfyn give a speech to the group of explorers..

"We venture into the unknown! We now proceed, ready to conquer the unknown and to bring new lands and their wealth under the subjection of the Children of Illuvatar! Forth for discovery! Forth for honor and glory! For the elves! For men! For all of Arda! Let us set forth!"

Huor cheered loudly with the rest of the company, his spirit soared with the thought of exploring the unknown north of Arda...
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:21 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Nagrom’s Strike team was in Position, he had received word that the Dark Lords were Marching, so he was to prepare the way for them, starting by killing this small band of elves. As he readied for the attack, he saw Ghash draw his whip with reverence, and then, Nagrom signaled for the strike. as he charged towards them, the others followed and when they broke free of the bushes, they started yelling and laughing gleefully, Nagrom saw Ghash take out two with his whip, and anohter orc bring down one before it was killed, Nagrom was busy with one that was reasonably easy to kill with a quick strike then a sharp jab to the stomach, then they turned on the survivors... when the smoke settled, 6 orcs and all 17 of the elves were dead, Nagrom ordered them to toss the bodies over a cliff so no one would find them. When that was done, they started for where they knew the next elven warband would be.
Last edited by legoles3333 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:57 pm
The party set out immediately after the speech. The trip forward for that day was relatively uneventful. As well it should be. For though the band had started as far north as possible, the area was still inhabited, and occupied by outposts still standing against the power of Melkor that had once inhabited these haunts. But Melkor had been vanquished, and now all the north was open to whoever would reach out his hand and grasp it.

But for now, in safe territory, the band encamped for the night and gazed at the mountains which they were about to cross. Tonight they would rest in safety upon the edge of civilization, and tomorrow, the great adventure would truly begin.

Sitting in front of the campfire, Finalfyn turned to Fingyl. "Fingyl," began Finalfyn. "What do you think of these mountains which must be traversed? I do not doubt the sturdiness of those of our company, but I doubt their morale. Are the men prepared to take on the areas long held by Morgoth? And are our of our company able to fight whatever evil remains lurking in the north?"
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ghash looked around, his group of "oddies" was around him as well as 20 other orcs, Nagrom had the other 80 on the other side of the elves. They marched past, 10 of them were archers, the other six had spears or sword, their leader held a banner and a longsword. Then the orcs rushed out at once, a volley from their bows, and half the elves fell dead, the 2 remaining bowsmen fired, and 2 orcs by nagrom fell dead. Then they were upon them. Ghash decapitated an elf with a flick of his whip, another one came at him with spear and shield. His whip clattered on the shield and he barely dodged the elf’s spear thrust, he coutnered with a thrown dagger which hit it in the stomach, it spun around and twirled its spear, as Ghash buried his whip in its chest. the elf fell, the head from the orc it had killed bouncing along its fallen body. Most orcs would have spit on the body, but ghash had a place in his heart for brave fighters, and continued on, only the elves leader was left but he fought well, an orc fell to the right of him, missing an arm, another dropped back clutching its stomach, another lost its leg, then as the archers reloaded to kill him, he grabbed the nearest thrust it to the ground, and shoved the bottom end of the banner through its body. As he fell the banner stayed upright. "Well fought" Ghash whispered.

Tufian looked at those around him, elves and men. not many of them but all looked like seasoned warriors. he had inspected his equipment before heading out, and his spear and shield were as good as ever, the edges of the shield he had made sure were razor sharp good for cutting of spears, arrows, arms and anything else that got to close.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:28 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Fingyl thought carefully over Finalfyn’s question. Slowly he answered,
"For my part I am willing to fight to the death, and I feel we have several in this company who feel the same way. On the other hand I fear the majority will fall out if they encounter hardship. We must put a fire and passion in them to keep them going."
Finalfyn nodded his head in agreement. "And what do you believe we shall face in the north? Do you believe Morgoth’s power still lingers over the place? what do you think we will face." His face was grave as if he knew a terrible secret.

Once again Fingyl thought long over the question, this time he reluctantly answered. "My hope is that we shall face not but small bands of shattered roaming orc battalions. My heart tells me we will face great trials and death on this..." he sought for the right word. "conquest. I feel, don’t laugh, that we will face the power of Morgoth himself. I don’t believe we should go in so lightly armed and equipped. We are perfect for an expedition, but for a war we are sorely prepared."

Finalfyn that night made an announcement, he bluntly put it.
"This is an expedition not for the faint of heart. We want those who are scarred, those who may run when faced with battle, and those who are unsure about themselves to leave now. We want stong men who won’t quiver when faced with a problem. We want men who will handle a sword well, not that this is a millitary campaign, but that we may face opposition.
If you strongly feel you should stay and work with us, do so, but to the ones who do stay, you have had warning."

To Fingyl’s shock, more than half of the company left, which was disappointing, but the food would last longer since they had fewer people.
The group now marched onward, facing the unknown. This was going to be a challenge worth the risk.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
ingold55
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:38 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Darkness closed in about him. Pulling his two Naugrim blades, Fingyl charged the enemy ranks. As he sliced down orc after orc, he could feel the cold grips of their hands being placed on his legs. He kept hacking and stabbing. A dark menacing object rose in the distance. A mountain, covered in snow, though it was as black as coal. He fought his way towards that mountain. But why? What was its purpose, and why was he moving towards it? It was like he was being drawn to it. "Fingyl!" Finalfyn’s voice rose in a savage scream. "Help!" Fingyl turned and saw his friend go down; he had taken a spear to the chest, and orcs were now covering him.
Turning, Fingyl charged the enemy orcs and killed them all. He searched for his friend among the dead, but could not find him. Then he saw Finalfyn; he was beaten his arms cut off from his body. All about him was the evil stench of orcs. Finalyn didn’t move, he just laid there, cold and lifeless. Fingyl rose and once again pressed toward the mountain. Anger and wrath drove him. None could oppose him, he swiftly chopped down each orc in his path. He had now reached the mountain, and found a tunnel. Walking in, he threw all caution to the wind and moved in plain site down the tunnel. No opposition what so ever. He then reached a large room, filled with maps and weapons. No sign of an enemy. He leaned closer in and studdied the maps. He then pulled a torch off the wall and threw it in the room. It all caught fire and Fingyl left. Upon the hill, Tufian sat with A spear in his hand. He walked down and greeted Fingyl. Together the men walked away from the battle field. When a good twenty paces were in between the warriors and the field, Fingyl took out his sword, and stabbed Tufian down on the field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fingyl lept from his mat. Darkness was still about them, though dawn was coming soon. It had all been a dream! Fingyl walked over to where Tufian was sleeping. Tufian was not disturbed or wrestless, he lay sleeping. There was no wound, and he was breathing. Fingyl then walked over to Finalfyn. He too was calm and quiet. No wounds on him either.
Fingyl then walked into the darkness about the camp. The cold air was biting, but it was not a problem. He just walked and talked to himself.
"What is happening?! I would never murder my friends and or leave them behind! What is this malace that would cause such dreams."
As walked farther from the camp, a new wind greated him. It was not just cold, but it was wicked and full of evil. The lands of the north were of no doubt beautiful, but now an evil infested the very core of what Eru had created. Fingyl was sure of it. As morning light peeked over the mountains, Fingyl walked back to camp. A light breakfast had been started, and the mood was very merry. The company was moving fast, and were approaching the mountains, they would be there by night.
Last edited by ingold55 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in totalThere is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:49 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
QUick note, Tufian doesn’t have a bow, he has a spear and a shield. TUILIN has a bow, but Tuilin doesn’t exist right now Wink

Tufian was sad to see many warriors leave, but he would feel better with warriors he knew would stay with him in a battle then half-hearted soldiers. He felt no malice to those who left. Most of them probably had families, and even if everything went well, they would be gone a while. And in the past few days a sort of shadow had descended on the group, a warning it seemed of dark days ahead. That could have figured in. They marched throughout the day, Tufian mentally sized up most of his companions. Some of them he knew, and all seemed like stout warriors. He slept fairly well that now except for in the middle of the night he felt a cold breeze on his cheek He woke up and reached for his dagger. His tent flap was open, but there was no creature in sight. He looked out, the sentry’s were still vigilant, and all seemed well. He saw someone walking. He breathed a sigh of relief, it was Fingyl. He went back to his mat and fell to sleep.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:54 am
Sauron gazed at the huge army that had been bred. Very soon, now his plans would be set in motion, and the war against the Free Peoples of Arda would begin.

No, not a war – an extermination.
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:29 pm
The company soon arrived before the mountains. Ordering a pause, Finalfyn looked around.

"Something doesn’t seem right..." he thought.

"Pitch camp here!" commanded Finalfyn. The soldiers immediately began to set up camp.

Turning to his courier, Finalfyn ordered the elf to summon to Huor Sîrfalas.

After pitching his tent, Finalfyn summoned Fingyl and Celeglin to a council. As they all sat in Finalfyn’s tent, a courier entered the tent. "Finalfyn!" the courier called. "Huor Sîrfalas is here."

A large proud man appeared. His muscular arms were accustomed to weapons, and his face was that a nobility. "At your service, master elf," he said with a bow.

"Huor," began Finalfyn, "being an elf, I know how stouthearted my soldiers are. They will not shirk the fight in the face of danger. However, being an elf, I know little about men. This territory was long held by Morgoth. I am not sure that men will be able to face the danger. Already, the danger is nigh. I sense it."

A fire burned in the man’s eye. "Do you think that we are cowards, simply because we are the second-born of Illuvatar? Do you think that mortality is a sign of weakness? No, we will not shirk danger. Men are as stouthearted as any elf, and what we lack in age and wisdom, we make up for fully in our strength and skill at arms."

Finalfyn looked at the man. "Yes," he thought. "If all men are like this, we have no need to fear."

"Very well," Finalfyn said gravely. "But we may encounter dangers that would make elven blood run chill. Nevertheless, I trust your word. You will command the men of our company."

Motioning for Huor to take a seat, Finalfyn turned to the other elves. "What do you think of the dangers? I fear that some evil still lurks in this place. No place inhabited by a fallen valar will emerge untouched, without some evil left."

"I fear that this expedition will encounter more danger than we have expected," Celeglin said. "Our mission was to find hitherto undiscovered lands for the glory of Arda, but soon, our mission may be to survive in the cruel north."

"Very well," said Finalfyn. "We will be prepared for the danger. Henceforth, we march in skirmish formation. Celeglin, choose a band of scouts. They will be your command. Fingyl, you will command the right flank, Huor you will command the left, and your flank shall be all men. They will be more eager to follow one of their own race than an elf. This council is dismissed."

Exiting the council, the sun appeared low in the western sky. Finalfyn approached Celeglin. "Which elf to you believe serves the most promise as a scout under you?"

Celeglin paused for a moment, deep in thought. "I believe the elf Tufian is the most promising. Kvam also shows much promise."

"So be it. We will give them a trial, and if they come through, they will serve as lieutenants under you. It may be necessary to have two or three scouting bands at a time."

Finalfyn turned and began walking towards the center of the camp.

Approaching the elves, Finalfyn spotted Tufian and Kvam sitting around a campfire, with their back to the bushes. Grabbing a long, stout stick, Finalfyn crept cautiously behind the elves. As he raised the stick, Tufian suddenly turned around and faced Finalfyn, bow drawn and arrow nocked. Kvam was only a moment behind him. Finalfyn sprang forward and struck both bows to the side with a blow from his stick. "Well struck!" declared Finalfyn. "I can see that Celeglin’s faith in you has not been misplaced."

"Tufian, you and Kvam will select 5 scouts. You are to scout the lower regions of the mountain. You will be first in command, and you," Finalfyn said, turning to Kvam, "will be his lieutenant. Select your scouts and leave at..."

A horn suddenly blew, cutting Finalfyn off. A band of no more than 15 orcs appeared in the dusk. In unison, Tufian, and Kvam nocked an arrow to their bows, already drawn and each let loose an arrow. Two orcs fell dead in their tracks. Finalfyn was only a split second behind, and as the bow twanged, three arrows left the string and each found a target. An orc-arrow whizzed by Finalfyn, slicing his right cheek. The elves began to fire rapidly, and in a few seconds, all the Orcs had been killed.

"The danger is nearer than I had thought. Select enough scouts to clear the lower area of the mountain, yet not enough to be easily detectable. Begin at once."

With a turn, and a wince, Finalfyn remembered his cut. Placing his cloak against the cut to staunch the blood, Finalfyn turned to the sentries. "Double the watch tonight." Finalfyn gazed as the last rays of the evening sun disappeares in the west. Turning back to his tent, Finalfyn threw himself down on the ground for a short night’s sleep.

On top of the mountain, an Orc horn blew. An orc foot soldier approached the Orc camp. Falling near the fire, the soldier fell to the ground dead, the last of the band patrolling the foot of the mountain.

A young recruit stared at the fallen soldier. An enemy had come to the north. Shivering in fear, the Orc returned to his duties.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing