LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
60%
  [ 6 ]  60%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:03 pm
sperzdechly wrote:
1. You don’t mention any weaknesses of those decks and write only "this one is the best, nothing will survive that one, this swarms like crazy" and so on. But every of those decks does have weaknesses. Comprehensive strategy article should include them.

Thanks for pointing that out. This was meant to be a showcase of lurkers, but the more exhaustive the better! I’ll get on it.

2. Decks with >35 cards are in most cases not playable, unless you build your FP focusing on cycling. You should cut your decks to reasonable volume. Especially Orc lurkers, 45 cards is at least 10 to much. Don’t count on unforgiving depths, because every path controling fellowship won’t let you to spot 3 undergrounds until region 3, when is to late to dig into your draw deck. Not mention Gandalf with toys like Grown Suddenly Tall, Deep in Thought and Sleep Caradhras...

Well...I beg to differ. That’s a general rule of thumb, but who ever heard of 35 card Moria? I actually ran a 45 card Moria deck that decked out regularly. (Plundered Armories, Relics of Moria, Goblin Armory, actually built to cycle a huge FP deck). But I did see that the Orc deck was a little large, and maybe the Men lurking deck as well. I’ll work on it.

3. You don’t play Cave Troll and Hammer in Demoralized deck. It’s stupid. Put there Mountain Troll. Having Mountain Troll, Rallying Orc, and 2-3 Demoralized usually you can play all your minions from discard pile. Having another Mountain Troll you can play 5 of them two times Smile This should end up with a whole fellowship exhausted and 15-20 minions on the table. This is called lurker swarm.

Thanks. Never thought of Mountain troll. GP for showing me that, that card is AWESOME!

4. Both Uruks decks are pretty weak.

Yeah...I needed a little help on that. Uruk Lurkers seem weak over all, but I was trying to showcase their lurkers as well as the others. If you can find a better deck, that would be awesome!

5. Algebra section in Man lurkers is just silly. Directly proportional means Y = aX (of course a can be equal 1, but term "directly proportional" in this case is irrelevant in this case). And what you written is completely untrue. Steward Legacy destroys this deck completely and your equation doesn’t work. Having in mind only one copy of Last Days, any archer deck will kill your minins before you even start skirmish and equation doesn’t work... and many more. Don’t compromise yourself and delete it or write "people with high IQ skip this paragraph, please".

Laughing It was meant as a joke, not to be serious. I know its not real Algebra, I’m taking Trig right now. But I thought it would be funny. I’ll pull it.

6. I find low IQ comments as extremely unfunny. If you want to show people you’re intelligent, write something smart. Writing "this is only for sharp ones" is pretty primitive way to build your self-esteem.

Didn’t mean it to come across that way, but I see your point. I’ll cut it.

IMO at the moment this article deserves avarage 3, but I’ll wait with submitng it.

Thanks. I’ll work on some of your suggestions.

EDIT: Fixed them. The Demoralized deck is still a little big, but you usually empty your hand every turn, and then muster helps cycle a little more.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sperzdechly
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:42 am
WoW! Your fast Smile
OK, now looks better. Few more remarks:
1. Personally I play Orcs lurkers, so I will concentrate on this deck. My strategy is to put as many minions as I can to discard plie till site 6-7. Of course sometimes you can kill or damage seriouslly opponent’s fellowship earlier, but I assume the worse case. Then, at 6-7 site I play 5 orcs (possibly lurksers), discard them to play troll, and than using troll play every minion from discard pile. If I have the second troll in hand, play it discarding orcs, and play them again. This ends up with massive swarm, but has one weakness - Steward Legacy, but it can by discardem by Storming the Ramparts Smile
I was saying...yeah! Something to help tour decks Smile Replace 4x Howling Orc with 4x Picket Denizen. You usually trying to win skirmishes (always threatening and so on) so howling won’t trigger ofeten. On the other hand picket is stronger and help you survive direct wounding (gorn’s bow, nocked and so on), as well as Shadowplay/Unheeded combo.
This brings up one more thing. When you mentioned some weknesses of your decks you can look for some ways to cover or prevent them. This can be a card, this can be a "in-play" starategy or a trick Smile
I would change one massing strength for isengard underling. This way you can always pull underling (followed by pulling massing) from hordes or troll and don’t clog your hand with event, when you want to have as much minions as it possible. Additionally you have one minion more to play from troll Smile
38 is much better than 45. I can imagine dwarf or mellon deck paried with 38 card lurker deck. You’re right about moria, but this is exception that proves the rule.
Other way to kill fellowhip with strong condition discarding is to keep all the cards you need in hand. Remember that you do whole combo in shadow phase and FPP can do nothing about it untill maneuvers. So what you need? 2-3 Demoralized (or smiths and demos on discard), Mountain Troll, Rallying orc and at least 18-19 twilight. That’s all. Rallying Orc is not obligatory (it can be played from troll), but without him you need more twilight.
2. I’ll think how to improve your Uruk decks later, I’ll let you know. For sure in Vigilant uruk deck it would be better to include fortitude or sentinel to keep him alive.
3. Practically all those decks (except vigilant deck) are vunerable to condition discarding (althought orsc have smith Smile ) and ithilien blade (if you’re playing expanded).
4. Concering algerba, probably I wouldn’t mind it, if it would be true. But it was far away from reality.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:48 am
Made some updates, including prices. What do you think now?

Never knew the stragglers deck was so cheap. Wow! Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sperzdechly
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:20 pm
Have no time to read all the article carefully, but one thing noticed:
Quote:
And Steward’s Legacy will render your Rallying Orc completely useless really fast.

You can’t switch off Rallying Orc with Steward Legacy (Special abilieties are those with Phase name:), but it can make Mountain Troll useless.
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:26 pm
Oooh, Lurkers are cool! Great idea, (and great topic) so I’m gonna give a 5.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I thought you had sworn to give him ones...SP. Oh well Wink fairly good article a 4-5 coming
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:04 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Nice article..you seem to have covered all yours bases, and done a pretty darn good job on covering the lurker keyword..
Anyway 5 rating from me +GP
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:33 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I thought you had sworn to give him ones...SP. Oh well Wink fairly good article a 4-5 coming

What can I do to make it an absolute 5?

Thanks BtO!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

What can I do to make it an absolute 5?

humm now thats a toughey let me think and get back to you a Gp wouldn’t go amiss Wink (for all you SoUR freaks out there I am kidding)

EDIT for some reason it won’t let me vote.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:54 pm
Okay, fair enough. If you can get back to me, I’m really trying to win this thing this month, so if you can give me any way to make it better...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest