LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
60%
  [ 6 ]  60%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
Anautikus
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:39 am
cool article. maybe add a match-up section? people would probably want to know how these lurkers fair against various decks. 4 or 5
Last edited by Anautikus on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in totalMy Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
definitely add match-ups
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:08 am
Really good article. Covered all the types that i see or have heard of. Comprehensive enough to use as a guide if anyone ever wanted a 101 lurking aid to make a deck. Will give it a 5 but you should add besides gimli, eomer Heir to Meduseld also hurts lurkers cos it counters the last big lurker fighting slightly.

Also i dont know how relevant you can make this but sometimes a scenario occurs where you have 2 lurkers in your hand and want to play them both but not give the free peoples players the choice of which to resolve first because one is better for your turn for lurking than the other. So might want to include: Northern Pelennor in your article. Maybe, maybe not?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:06 am
Yeah, I’ve found that that VERY rarely happens, and the only reason I have Northern Pelennor in my lurker deck is because its a plains site for Caravan of the South. Very Happy
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
LeoKula
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 am
I just disagree with the part about Nertea... he’s lurker because the longer he stays, the longer your nazgul will get the +2 strength bonus... otherwise he would just be nailed first so everybody would lose their bonus. In this case, the Lurker keyword makes all the diference.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:08 pm
That’s what I said. The only reason anyone would use him is to enforce the rule of 5, and even then, just use Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:58 pm
Bump.
Captain of Men
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:04 pm
hey cool article u’ve written there. i personall hated lurkers at first (set 11) but they gradually got awesome. this puts a great light on things of the whole lurker strategy. thx! im not sure wat to vote; somewhere from high 4 - 5
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:04 pm
Thanks! Anything I can do to make it a sure 5?
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Congratulations to NBarden, who takes third place and $15 store credit in our LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest for June. Applause

Due to Cobra Cards’ closure this month, there will be no further prize support for this contest. However, the forum will be left open for reference, and new articles/ratings/reviews are always welcome.

-- Cobra
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest