LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Sometime in the Third Age, a Dúnedain took it upon himself to begin training warriors to fight for the Free Peoples, perhaps in preparation for the war that would come within a few years. The Dúnedain, a man named Curubethion, had trained in the north and watched the Shire for many years. Now, he embarked upon what he believed was his true destiny, to raise up a new generation of fighters to protect Arda. The Warriors of the Free Peoples.

How This RPG Works
Okay, this RP is going to be very different from other RPs in a few aspects. First of all, the training that your RP character receives is going to reflect upon their "continuous RP character", a single Free Peoples character who will carry over between Continuous RPs. (Note: this is different from free-form RPs) The experiences that your character goes through will impact them permanently, and the levels of training that they receive will affect them in future RPs.

So, on to how this RPG actually works! Basically, you will be RPing training with Curubethion and his assistant Silvarin, after their guidance. It’s a very specific process for you to go through, so here’s how it works.

-You will post with your Continuous RP character, posting them arriving at the training camp with a basic armor and basic set of weapons, requesting to train. (In continuous RP, there are no special weapons, unless they are earned in an RP) However, you may have a weapon/armor with a history.
    -A typical training request might read like this: "Bob the Orc-killer saunters into the camp, looking around and hefting a fairly large warhammer. It has been engraved with a few runes, like his armor, which is made up of chainmail and leather leggings, and a stout helm. ’Where can I train to be a Warrior of the Free Peoples??’ growls Bob." Of course, feel free to make it longer and better than that.
    -I will approve or deny the request to train. If approved, you will then be assigned to train under either Curubethion or Silvarin.
    -You will watch for the first Trainer’s Prompt of your trainer, and respond. Usually, the trainer will make a request of his trainees, such as "fire at a target", or "search for and find three herbs". There may also be OOC clarification on this.
    -Upon completion of enough posts, you will advance through the camp’s ranks.
    -As a final note, when you register your Continuous character, put a "CN" next to their name, along with their rank.

Rank System
When you first enroll for training among the Warriors of the Free Peoples, you will receive the rank of Trainee. Put this at the top of each of your posts.

After completing two satisfactory posts in the Training Grounds, you will be promoted to the rank of Squire. Now, put this at the top of each of your posts, instead of "Trainee".

After the completion of three satisfactory posts as a Squire, you will be promoted to Armsman.

Finally, after you finish three Armsman posts, you will be given the rank of Warrior; this concludes your training.

Guidelines
    Please do not god-mod. This RP is intended to provide exercise in realistic RP.
    Do not expect spectacular adventures from this RP. This is for training, and training only. No dragons to slay, sorry!
    Follow the direction of your trainer at all times.
    Have posts of a reasonable length! Go into detail, describe things.

Thanks for training to be a Warrior of the Free Peoples!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:43 pm
Could you give an example character line?
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I like this idea. Tuilin will join.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:33 am
Is this like a Diced RP thing where you gain XP for later RPs?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:34 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Does this start before or after the DC Adeventure?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Is this like a Diced RP thing where you gain XP for later RPs?

ID think so. I think it is to show new people how to RPG and not god-mode.
but we could all use a brush-up.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:21 pm
Glamdring wrote:
Could you give an example character line?

It’s like...this: "Bob the Orc-killer saunters into the camp, looking around and hefting a fairly large warhammer. It has been engraved with a few runes, like his armor, which is made up of chainmail and leather leggings, and a stout helm. ’Where can I train to be a Warrior of the Free Peoples??’ growls Bob."

And this is probably set after the DC RPG, although using DC characters is by no means required, at all. In fact, it would be cool if you developed an entirely new character with next to no backstory. Then, he’d grow through further Continuous RP’s.

~~

SoP: could you give a bit more fleshed-out entry post, like one describing Tuilin, with his equipment?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:23 pm
My bad I thought this was the OCC Laughing

Tuilin Glided into the camp, not literally but with elves it is hard to tell. Light brown hair went down past his shoulder blades, and sparkling blue eyes adorned his face. On over his both shoulders he bore a quiver, made with a substance not known to many, with symbols of leaves and nature engraved on them. Both quivers contained 20 arrows, each a yard long. At his hip was a elven longsword, suited for both one and 2-handed combat with elvish runes running up both sides. On each calf was a slim throwing dagger, and a knife won from one of the Galahdrim was on his thigh. His Armor was Leather, also engraved with leavlike emblems. No helmet was on his head. His bow was in his hand, it was a compound bow, powerful, beautiful, deadly. He glided up to Curubethion and stated "I have come to learn, will you accept me?"
"DáinIronfoot"
ingold55
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:08 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail appeared in the camp. His blue eyes intently studying his surroundings. His brown hair (slightly bleached blond by the sun) fit prefectly with his black cloak that hung about him, with a Leaf of Lorien clasp to bind his cloak. At his side hung a long sword called Flame. It had been made by the Noldor and seemed to sense its owners feelings. It would literally ignite into flame when facing enemies, and glowed orange like fire when enemies were near. A lether belt held both Flame and a dagger no more than a foot long from hilt to the tip. Inside his cloak were three throwing knives tucked away into a hidden pocket, just in case a ’problem’ was out of Flame’s range. He walked among the men and elves of the camp, some of which he knew, some he had not had the pleasure of meeting.

His gait was firm and level, and his body had a strong build which resembled more of the Beornings rather than men. His shoulders were broad and his arms were thick and strong. Years of roaming the wilds had hardened him. He survived many times through harsh winters and burning hot summers. through floods, blizards and storms. Surviving in the wild was just as much his nature as breathing was.

He was constanly intent and aware of his surroundings, decades of fighting orcs had honed this sense, and a Ranger’s eyes and ears were his best defense against attack.
His temper was sometimes rather quick, and his appearence was strong and rough; however he was a man who would not abandon a friend.
He was well trained in the art of the sword and was experienced at fighting more than orcs. His view however, was that there was always still much to learn, which was why he was here: to learn.

Durail ready to be trained in the art of the elven swordarm.

(is this right, or do i need to change something?)
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:28 pm
Curubethion nodded slowly, watching both recruits enter camp. He smiled, and took a deep breath. It was time to begin training.

"Welcome to my training grounds!" he shouted at the two. "You have come to be trained in the art of war, then?" When they confirmed his question, he said, "Well, then, let’s begin right away. With a quick jog. The training will be at a place named Deadman’s Dike, near Fornost. Now, hurry! We don’t want to waste any time."

~~~

Trainer Comments
Decent first posts for both of you guys. The one thing I was a bit iffy on was Flame, but since it doesn’t really give any special abilities or anything, but is simply a sword, I’ll let it pass. Your continuous RP character will have an opportunity to gain powerful weapons through RP.

Now, I’d like you both to describe the journey to Deadman’s Dike, focusing on the five senses: touch, taste, smell, sight, and hearing. Make the journey come alive. This is a chance to polish up on your writing skills.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing