LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Trainee Tuilin

Tuilin nodded and said "A minuted to get ready?" "By all means take your time" answered the ranger. Tuilin quickly bundled all his weapons and armor, expect the knife together, then strapped them to his back after a few minutes of stretching he Ran off. As his legs pounded on the damp dirt, He relished the smell of morning dew, the dampness of the new rain, the trees and flowers. All inhaling it on the light wind. His ears caught everything, the birds singing, the sounds of wildlife in the underbrush, squirrels and rabbits, deer and mice. As he ran past a tree he reached out and picked a blossom, he inhaled of its sweet fragrance. For a moment he was lost in the smell, the sight of the flower, nothing else matter. Then a gust of wind took it from his hand, and he set his body back to the task of reaching their training ground.

Running seemed an effortless task for most of elves, but with his heavy pack after a while he began to tire. Just before h needed to cross a brook he decided to rest and break his fast. He drank what water was left in his flask after the morning running, and then refilled it from the clean stream. He drank the water letting it flow over his tongue and around his mouth before swallowing. It left behind an aftertaste, neither bitter nor sweet, but pleasing nonetheless. He then pulled out a wafer of lembas he cut out a corner and slowly chewed it. Next came a small piece of jerky, which he chewed contemplatively. The whole setting was peaceful almost meditative. and for a few minutes he observed seeing, hearing, smelling everything.

Finally slowly, ever so slowly he got up pulled off his running boots and stockings and waded across the stream. Then he pulled them back on, he figured in a few hours he would reach the dike. He was right and soon after more running, and another small break, he arrived. Tired, but not weary, and contented. Neither of the others were anywhere near. He guessed Curubethion had arrived before him and was foraging, hunting, or gathering firewood and Durail did not seem the running type so would probably take a little longer to arrive. He spread out his mat and weapons, drank a bit more water and ate some more of his food. he felt contented but sleepy with his bow and sword at his side. He went to sleep. Not a deep sleep, light enough that if any unnatural sounds came to his ears he would instantly be awake.

whoops that was longer then I expected. hopefully not too long. Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:08 am
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail Trainee

Tuilin had sprinted off ahead of Durail, which was natural for elves to do. However Durail moved steadily; he had been in this area only once before and wanted to take it all in, feel the land some called it.

The heavy morning air was filled with Pine and Oak, with the ocassional sweet smell of an apple and cherry tree in bloom. Often the peaceful quiet was broken by the cawing of a jay, or the sound of deer runing by. The land was saturated with rocks. hundreds of them jutting out of the ground, though they were unusual in the fact that they were all smooth, there was no jagged edges. The ground slowly began to rise beneath Durail’s feet, and he focused more energy into getting over the cliff. once on top, he pulled a small flask and took a small sip. The pungent flavor coursed down his throat, and tasted heavily of herbs and lime making it a bitter sour taste. The drink however was almost as energizing as Miruvor, but easier to obtain.
The sun was beaming down now and pierced the small forest in which Durail and Tuilin ran. Sweat poured from Durail’s body, the pack he carried had to weigh no less than fourty pounds, and he was already wearing a dark color. His cloths began to stick to his body making it very uncomfortable. Durail never dropped pace though, he moved on, still studdying his surroundings. At times he would sense their instructor, Curubethion, jogging beside him, then he broke off and went hunting. (Durail could hear the bow twang at times in the forest.)

A stream bubbled and flowed through the forest, and Durail now dripping with sweat nelt down by the crystal clear water. His hand was greeted by an icy feeling as he stuck it in; shivers of delight ran through his body, and he cupped his hands and brought the cool refreshing water to his mouth. After drinking his fill of the water (Which tasted much better than his own drink) Durail took off his leather boots and Flame, and waded through the water. once on the other side, he placed back on his boots, and inspected Flame for water that may have gotten on it. The metal was cold and hard, and seemed eager for a fight, but that would have to wait.

Near the end of the run, Durail saw a thin moving line up on a tree. He stopped and examined. it turned out to be a trail of ants moving along the tree, the desire for more water pushed Durail to look for something. he followed the ants, and sure enough, they were headed towards another, hidden stream of water. It was not nearly as beautiful or tasty as the first stream, but it was water. After once again drinking his fill, Durail hiked the last few hundred yards to camp. He arrived and saw Tuilin laying on the ground. As he had approached with caution, the elf didn’t hear Durail approach and lay sleeping in the open field. Durail took off his pack and swords, and sat down on the ground waiting listening and watching.

(Don’t worry SoP mine was longer, yours was better. Smile hope mine wasn’t too bad)
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Curubethion silently stood behind Tuilin, with stealth honed by years of practice, and gave him a slight tap on the shoulder. A tap, light enough to startle a man (or elf), but not hard enough to startle them overly, of course.

"Time to get up, my friend!" he said, grinning. As his trainee stumbled to his feet, he turned to Durail, and signalled him to rise. "We’ve got a little ways to go. But you’ve made it thus far."

Turning, he led the two of them towards a ruined tower, and asked, "Do you know what this place is?" When neither of the two answered immediately, he replied to his own question, "This was what they called Fornost, a mighty fortress of the north, once. That was before the Northern Kingdom fell into decay and ruin. Yet, the Dúnedain still keep it."

The two nodded, and Curubethion continued in his lecture. "Now, one of the first things you must learn as a warrior is how to survive in the wild. Before an enemy kills you, starvation or the cold will destroy you. So, I’d like you both to help build a campsite in the shadow of that tower there. Keep an eye out at all times, of course. Now, get to work!"

~~Trainer Comments~~
SoP: Not bad, very nice description. There were a few minor typos, but I could get past those. Make sure to double-check RP posts. The other thing was, I could see description, but it would’ve been nice to play around with the mood. I got the impression of a nice sunny day, when a place like Deadman’s Dike should be mysterious, and a little bit creepy. Also, don’t be scared to interact with other people! It’s okay to RP minor little points of conversation, like filler. As long as it’s not important, you ought to be able to RP another person’s character responding. For example, "Afternoon" should be met with a reply. Whether it’s a nod in reply, which is the best option, or something else, interact!

ingold55: Also, very nice description and such. Basically, most of what I said about SoP could apply to you as well. You’ve got a good way of describing things, and I liked the little touch of detail about the ants marching. Very nice.

Both of you, good posts, and I’ll accept them for training. Now, for your task at hand. I’d like you to go out and do a little research. Find out what’s involved in setting up a campsite, and then RP that.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
crud forgot that deadman’s dike sounds ominous.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:12 pm
trainee tuilin

Tuilin walked over to the shadow of the tower. It seemed ominous...and deadly. he put down his Bow but made sure his sword was loose in its sheath. He unpacked his pack swiftly. He had a large "cloth" made of large leaves most of them about 4 square feet sewed together. He then took out his small hatchet, and a knife. He looked around and located the nearest tree. After testing its branches a bit he got to work cutting them off. The tree was tough and neither his hatchet or knife was making much a dent. Tuilin looked at durail out of the corner of his eye, He had gotten wood and was already setting up a tent. Durail glanced at him and Called out "Use your sword to cut it, it worked for me." Tuilin nodded and shouted back "Thanks!" He removed his sword from its sheath pulled it up and brought it down with all his strength. The branch gave in. Soon Tuilin had his 4 branches and got to work on his lean-to. His "cloth was barely large enough, and it had no sides. He looked around him again. He walked over to the tower, and got a few wall pieces that were on the ground. He put them up on the the sides. Then he got another piece to put a fire on. He put it a few yards in front of his campsite, he would get firewood later.

He stopped to take a swig of water, and eat a bite of lembas. He then unpacked the rest of his pack, taking out various objects which he placed along the sides of his make-shift camp. Durail had set his up about 20 feet from Tuilin’s. Tuilin called over "I am going to get firewood. Should I get enough for you so that you can stand guard?" Durail nodded and Tuilin set out a sword in his hand.

Soon he had deposited 2 loads, enough for the night. He went out to get his third for the morning. Durail he collected water from the nearby stream and was cooking something when Tuilin deposited his second. As he was returning for the final time, he heard a crackle instantly he dropped his firewood, and his body. His hand went reflexively to his back, but he had to content with a throwing knife. Then he saw it. A wolf larger then most, but not large enough to be a warg. It was coming his way. He knew lying down it would find him and he would be an easy target, He got up. The wolf started running towards him, There was another one at its side. Tuilin threw the knife just as they jumped, and the first one took it in its windpipe, The other one latched onto his leather gauntlet. Tuilin didn’t have room to use his sword so did the next best thing. He slammed its hilt into the Wolves neck. it dropped with a yelp, and Tuilin killed it with a thrust. He quickly gather up his firewood and ran back.

He quickly told Durail what had happened. Durail seemed mostly unconcerned, there were probably predators in this area he said. Tuilin went to his site, took off his gauntlet and applied a poultice to the wound. Then he took his sword and knives as well as a fishing line to get supper.
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:27 pm
CN Applicant Duinihir

Creeping up to the nearby camp, Duinihir warily spied two men training on the grounds in front of him. Pulling out his bow, he speedily nocked an arrow and let it loose towards the nearest trainee. The arrow passed right in front of the trainee’s nose, who let out a yelp, sprang backwards, and began searching earnestly for the person who had loosed the arrow.

"Perhaps I should simply lurk on the outskirts on the camp and harass the trainees," though Duinihir. Laughing to himself, Duinihir sprang out in front of the trainee. "Where is your commander?" Duinihir asked, throwing back the hood of his cloak. "And my arrow?" The trainee paused and stared at the ranger. Duinihir snatched his arrow from a tree stump nearby and thrust it in his quiver. "Well," said Duinihir, "since you do not seem to have a tongue, perhaps one of your comrades could point me to your commander?" Another of the trainees, who was desperately trying to stifle a laugh, pointed to a large, muscular man, who obviously had an air of command about him. Thanking the trainee, Duinihir tuned to the first trainee and said, "Continue your practice, soldier. Perhaps you will be able to survive a battle." The soldier turned bright red, and his comrade began to hoot with laughter. An arrow whizzed by the second soldier’s nose, curiously stopping the laughter. Duinihir bowed to the two trainees, and began walking towards the commander.

"Keep the arrow as a souvenir," Duinihir called to the trainees over his shoulder.

Approaching the leader, Duinihir drew his sword and offered it to the man, "I am here to train as a warrior of the Free Peoples."
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:30 pm
Silvarin lounged against a tree, watching Duinihir’s antics with amusement. As the commander turned to address Duinihir, Silvarin stepped forward and grabbed Duinihir’s shoulder. The ranger quickly whipped around, sword drawn to Silvarin’s neck. The elf smiled.

"I’ll take this one. I like his style." Silvarin let go of Duinhir and turned away. "Follow me. And keep up." Quick as a flash, he leapt into the nearest tree, hanging from a branch with one hand. "If you can." He swung forward, and landed on a branch of another tree. He looked back for only a second, and Duinihir nearly crashed into him as he landed on the same branch.

"Ah! I see you can keep up. This should be fun." Silvarin jumped to another tree, and then another, Duinihir hot on his heels. For hours, the two ran through the old forest, across the tree-tops, through ancient stone towers and fortresses, and even swimming through a lake. Finally, they stopped in a clearing. Even Silvarin was breathing hard as he slumped against a tree.

"You’re quick on your feet, ranger. This is the most fun I’ve had in a while! But all this work has made me quite hungry! So! Here is your challenge; hunt for me a fitting meal of 3 of the different animals in this forest. But beware! There are more dangerous creatures than deer or rabbits lurking in these woods! Return by the quickest road to the training camp; if you can remember the way. I’ll be waiting for you in two hours time. Don’t be late!"

He muttered a few magic words, and dissapeared in a puff of smoke, leaving Duinihir alone in the forest.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
ingold55
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:03 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail set up his tent not twenty paces from Tuilin. With the trees to the east, Durail had the small stream to the north of his camp. After a small amount of time, Durail had his tent up. The opening was to the west, and the front of the tent to the north. The back of Durail’s camp was the side of the tower. He had chosen this spot because his black tent appeared to be just a shadow cast by the tower. Tuilin was fixing up his tent, while Durail went and got water from the spring. once he came back, Tuilin had finished his tent and was getting fire wood.

With the wood Tuilin provided, Durail started a fire. He pulled out two small birds (which he had killed when he was getting water) and began cleaning them and cooking them. while cleaning the birds, Durail was boiling water, to make it drinkable. once the water was done, he began cooking the birds. Tuilin arrived back at camp with a wounded arm instead of fire wood. It was a light cut, which is why Durail didn’t pay much attention to it. The elf would survive. He himself had survived much more than that, and he knew that Tuilin had also.

After sprinkling herbs on the bird, Durail gave Tuilin one, and began to eat the other. After finishing off the bird, he walked into the forest and returned with a large arm full of dried leaves. He sprinkled the leaves fifteen feet from his tent, and repeated the process several times. He then retired back into his tent. He examed the tower wall which he was near to. After moving a few rocks, he discovered a way into the ruined tower. He would look at it shortly, however the wind was picking up, and it would probably turn into a cold night.
Durail walked back out into the forest, and returned with several Fur tree leaves. He placed them inside his tent and put a blanket over them. It would provide a nice heat retainer, and would also be a nice ’matress’. He then motioned to Tuilin to grab his weapons bring 2 torches, and come over to his tent. Tuilin followed, and shortly the two were inside the old ruined tower exploring the ancient fortress.

The last time Durail had been here, there had been few orcs, but in these times the orcs had probably multiplied. Having a nice defence point would be nice just incase.
Last edited by ingold55 on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in totalThere is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:07 pm
I think his thin was on the trainees back at the start, not us.
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:58 pm
Trainee Duinihir

Duinihir stared at where he last saw the elf. "Spellcasters," he muttered under his breath. "I’ll show him."

Almost immediately, a rabbit darted out in front of Duinihir. In an instant, an arrow was nocked to Duinihir’s bow, and the rabbit passed in front of the bow. Duinihir lowered the bow, and the rabbit scurried into the underbrush. There was no way he was going to bring an animal that timid to his trainer.

Taking a deep breath, Duinihir launched into the thick of the woods.

A deer nearby paused and stared at a moving bush. Curiously, it began nosing its way towards the bush. That was the last thing it saw. From underneath, Duinihir sprang up onto the deer, slung himself onto the deer’s back and plunged his dagger deep into the deer’s heart. The deer reared, but Duinihir held fast. Collapsing under the weight of the ranger, the deer quickly expired. Skinning the deer with a skill born of years of wandering in the wild, Duinihir gathered the meat, wrapped it in the skin of the deer, and slung it over his shoulder. Trekking deeper into the woods, Duinihir began the search for a larger animal to satisfy the mysterious elf.

After 10 minutes of trekking further into the woods, Duinihir saw in front of him a small bear. Thinking this the perfect meal for his master, Duinihir swiftly lept up a tree, nocked five arrows to his bowstring, and loosed them at the bear. The shots went mostly wide and reckless, as though rangers are skilled shots with the bow, they are nowhere near as fell as a wood elf. However, two of the arrows pierced the bear, one in the neck, and another in the back. The bear, enraged, turned towards the tree and began to pummel it with mighty blows. Duinihir slipped and fell off his perch, but was able to grasp a branch as he fell and swiftly swung himself up again.

With a rapid-fire succession, Duinihir emptied his quiver at the bear. This proved to much for any creature, and the bear fell dead at the base of the tree. Duinihir lept to the ground and began to retrieve his arrows, when the bear, in a last stroke of a dying beast, raised his claw and smote Duinihir in the cheek. The ranger fell to the ground, but quickly regained his feet and fired an arrow into the bears eye. The bear let out a last roar and took its last breath.

Removing a hatchet, Duinihir felled a small tree and lashed several of its timbers together. Skinning the bear, Duinihir place the meat on the crude litter, and slinging the deer meat onto the litter next to the bear, Duinihir began dragging the meet back to the path.

"I suppose a rabbit or squirrel will have to do for the third animal," Duinihir thought. Suddenly, a rush of small animals swept by Duinihir. "Or not," Duinihir thought with a smile, clearly reading the sign that a large animal was approaching. Soon, the ground began to rumble, and a large animal- if animal it was- burst into the clearing.

The...creature...whatever it was, immediately saw Duinihir. As the hideous eyes lay upon Duinihir, he felt his strength weaken, as if it was stolen by some evil spell. Duinihir fought with all his might to resist the trance, and finally, with all the strength of will he could muster, broke the stare of the creature. The creature let out a piercing scream, and Duinihir lept into a tree. All of Duinihir’s nimbleness and speed was required to evade this creature. Leaping from branch to branch and tree from tree, Duinihir evaded the creature, until finally, Duinihir stumbled. Falling to the ground from the trees, the creature came upon him, claws extended for an easy kill. With a last effort, Duinihir thrust his sword with all his strength towards the beast’s claws. Slicing one off, the other claws nonetheless tore at his side. Raising its claw again, the creature poised itself for a final blow to finish off its foe.

Suddenly, in the clearing there burst a brilliant flash of light. At this point, Dunihir had not noticed the darkness that the creature had brought with it. It also enabled Duinihir to get a view of the creature. It was giant, standing at least 20 feet tall, with wings that proceeded at least 100 feet. It was colored a dull grey, and had claws and feet like a bird, but with the body of a reptile. It let out a huge screech, and raised itself on its wings, and raised itself to its fullest height. Dunihir realized that the animal was far more than he had originally noticed, and stood twice as tall as originally supposed.

"Begone!" a loud voice cried out. A cloaked man strode into the clearing. He stood no more than 5 feet tall, and had a silver beard. Wielding his staff, the stranger again commanded the beast to depart. The beast lept toward the man, who raised a cry and smote the ground with his staff. "Begone, foul creature!" The light, which had seemed the most brilliant light before, intensified ten-fold. This proved to much for the creature, who departed with a cry in a flurry of wings. Suddenly, the light vanished. The old man was gone, and Duinihir was laying on the ground. Struggling to his feet, Duinihir found the clearing empty except for his crude litter, which still had the bear and deer on it. "Am I dreaming?" Duinihir wondered amazedly. And then his senses came back. Duinihir at first felt nothing but unbearable pain in his side. Grasping his side, Duinihir staggered forward, dragging the litter behind him.

Suddenly, a rabbit sprang in front of him. "This will have to do for the third animal," Dunihir thought. Raising his bow, Duinihir fired, and missed the rabbit by a mile. As Duinihir groped for another arrow, the rabbit disappeared into the undergrowth.

"You are lucky, young hare," Duinihir mumbled. "Under any other circumstances, you would have been dinner."

Hauling his burden back towards the camp, Duinihir spied a squirrel up ahead. Focusing carefully, Duinihir regained his wits and brought down the squirrel with a shot from 100 feet. Grasping the squirrel, Duinihir tossed it onto the litter, not even bothering to skin it.

Wearied by loss of blood, Duinihir stumbled with his burden into the training camp. Approaching the elf, Duinihir opened his mouth to speak, "Master elf..." he began, and collapsed into unconsciousness at the elf’s feet.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing