LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
"Hey, you two, come on out!" shouted Curubethion, not seeing his trainees. "Come on down, I need to inspect what you’ve done..."

Curubethion came around to the trainees’ campsites...first, he came to Tuilin, and glanced at his sword. "What in Arda have you been doing with that thing? Just keep in mind, you’d better get it sharpened. Looks like the blade is dulled right there. You say you ran into wargs, eh? Keep your eyes open, then."

He nodded, noticing the camouflage of Durail’s tent, and then proceeded to set up his own shelter, a lean-to made up of branches, with foliage to cover it, in the shelter of the tower. Then, he stepped out and looked at the sky. It was clear now...time for some training. He turned to the two trainees.

"Well, looks like it’s time to begin your weapons training. First, however, I’d like to announce something...both of you have performed well during training, and so I am proudly promoting you both to the rank of Squire. Congratulations!

"Now, time to practice swordfighting. Each of you, get a branch. Then, I’d like you two to show me your swordfighting...fight as if the swords were real. Hurry up, now!"

~~Trainer Comments~~
SoP: Well...first things first, you should probably do a bit of research before something novel like cutting wood with a sword pops up. Correct me if you found research to substantiate this, but most likely, trying to cut wood with a sword would produce a very dulled blade, at least at the spot where you chopped the wood. You might want to sharpen that blade in a future post. But the rest of the post was very good. I liked the use of the pommel against the warg.

Ingold: Nice post, I liked the thinking behind the black tent. Also, good way to portray his experience, and nice touch with the suggestion of exploring.

Both of you: Whether you coordinate this fight by PM before you post, or not, I’d like to see some fighting that represents your skill level. I don’t expect to see master-level swordfighting, because you two are coming here to be trained, above all. Feel free to make mistakes. And keep it realistic.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
d'oh! d’oh you are right about the sword thing, TOTALLY slipped my mind. my bad. I will let I55 post first this time
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:07 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Squire Durail
(this is interesting, considering Durail is a master sword fighter (pretty much) I guess I will make him inexperienced when fighting an elf...)

Durail cut an oak limb from a tree, and smoothed it out. He then met Tuilin at the designated spot. He and Tuilin faced off, and began to circle. Durail figured out the elf’s basic weight, and movement. He moved in and slammed his staff down on the elf’s. The elf dropped his guard, but did a quick roll and tripped Durail. He then came down with his staff on Durail, who blocked and jumped back up.

Tuilin jabbed in, and Durail side stepped. Curubethion called out, " Keep your balance."
Durail recovered quickly before Tuilin tried to trip him again.

The elf was very smooth and agile, while Durail was more power based with strong strokes. The elf would constantly trip Durail but was never able get a hit on the man. Durail would always jump up and strike down, and the elf would move, and trip Durail again.
Last edited by ingold55 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in totalThere is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:19 am
Silvarin peered down at Duinhir with a smile, as other trainees in the camp gasped in horror at the bloodied ranger.

"I don’t like bear meat, but the thought was nice." He reached down, and blue sparks played at the ends of his fingers. He placed his hands on Duinhir’s chest, and the sparks leapt over the ranger’s body, centering on his wounds. Slowly, the skin began to knit again. Within minutes, the ranger was healed, although Silvarin was left seriously weakened.

"Whew. I doubt it was that scraggly bear that did such a damage to this fellow! It seems he’s had an encounter with the forest’s more... unique wildlife."

Calling over three other trainees, Silvarin had one carry Duinhir back to his tent to rest, and the other two hauled the meat to the cook’s tent; while Silvarin didn’t like bear meat, some of the recruits would be in dire need of some good food come the next few days.

Silvarin meandered back towards his tent, wondering exactly what it was that Duinhir had faced.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Squire Tuilin

Tuilin was, unbelievably as it sounded starting to tire. The mans strokes were nigh impossible to parry which meant he was constantly dodging, he had gotten many good jabs in, but not enough to throw Durail off balance. Durail did a sweeping side stroke. Tuilin charged in while he was slightly off balance and tripped him up. Durail brought his stick up and Tuilin was forced to back off. Durail got back up and the fight was on, but because of Tuilin’s mistake, Durail had the initiative back.. Tuilin stabbed, durail used his stick to block and thrust it to the side. Tuilin grabbed Durail hand brought his sword back in position and stepped back evading Durail’s more controlled slash. After all this fighting they were back where they started, except both tired and bruised. They fought back and forth for a little longer Then Durail steeped it got a foot behind Tuilin’s and slashed with his sword, Tuilin tripped And as he was falling 2 things happened. Durail hit his head with his "sword" and Tuilin threw his sword just as Durail said "Dead".

Tuilin could shoot a commander out of a mumak at 300 feet. Though he was using a stick not a bow, a few yards was no problem. It hit Durail right in the heart. "Dead" Tuilin said, pulling his bruised and bloodied body up. "Good duel."
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:27 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:19 pm
Hey EL, can I get a review on how well-written my post was, any improvements, etc?

And do I have another task?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Your post was good, and here’s the task!

The next day, Silvarin walked into the medic’s tent, where Duinihir was recovering.

"Looks like you got a little more than you bargained for out there, master ranger," said Silvarin, with a taunting smile.

"I think there is even more in that forest than you could handle, master elf," Said Dunihir, scathingly.

"Is that so? Tell me; it was more than wild bear that gave you such wounds. What did you encounter?" Duinihir took all of an hour to describe his adventure in the forest. As he spoke of the old man who saved him, a Silvarin’s eyes, which had been wandering before, leapt to rapt attention. As Duinhir finished his tale, Silvarin leaned back. "Interesting... very interesting..." Silvarin seemed deep in thought. After a moment, he thrust a hand back through his hair restlessly. "This is most troublesome! Here is your next task, then, Duinihir! Find me that old man, bring him back here. Be off with you!" With that, Silvarin jumped to his feet, and walked out of the tent.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:25 am
OK people keep this going. CG Durail and I finished our duel post abou tit! NB you have a task complete it! MOVE OUT!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 pm
Okay, I’ll get on it. Not at the moment, I’m rather busy...
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:24 pm
"Yes, master elf," Duinihir replied.

With a hooded cloak, a dagger, and a bow and arrow, Duinihir left the grounds to begin his search for the old man. With the swiftness and stealth of a hardened ranger, Duinihir crept quietly into the woods. "It wouldn’t do to let that creature find me again," thought Duinihir.

With that, Duinihir began to search for the old man.

Some hours later, Duinihir stumbled into the sunlight. After hours of travelling in darkness, he was struck to the ground by the intensity of the light. His eyes quickly readjusted to the brilliance and he looked around. He stood on the side of a large, wide path. The path was marked with scorched earth, and nothing grew there all across it were large trees, ripped apart and snapped like twigs, blackened by fire. Instantly, Duinihir guessed that this was the very path the creature had trampled through to forest. "Fire?" though Duinihir. "This must be a very powerful creature indeed." Suddenly, the ground began to tremble, and Duinihir dove back into the woods for cover under a tangled mess of undergrowth. The creature walked into sight along the path and stopped. Scanning the area, its watchful eyes passed over the area Duinihir lay. The creature gazed intently for an instant, and Duinihir began to feel drowsy. The animal, after one last glance, let out a screech and shot into the sky.

Duinihir lay still for at least an hour before daring to move again. With the quickness and agility of a ranger, he darted across the path into the other section of the woods. Glancing back, he recognized the very location the creature had pursued him the day before, as it was trampled flat, although there was no scorched earth in that location.

"This must be that creature’s haunt," said Duinihir. Continuing his journey, Duinihir found himself on a trail of solid stone through the woods, molded to the very terrain of the earth. Following, Duinihir stumbled upon a cleared area in the midst of the forest. Unlike the scorched path, though, this clearing was alive with soft, springy grass and was extraordinarily green, with no other plants near it. Light trickled down through an opening in the trees, which bent towards the center of the clearing far overhead, creating an astounding effect. Just outside the clearing, in somewhat thinner woods, sat a house. Duinihir approached it, and at once, the old man who had saved him the day before appeared.

"Why have you come here?" demanded the old man.

"To search for the one to whom I owe my life," replied Duinihir.

"Come inside at once!" commanded the old man, with a glance around the grove. Duinihir followed and entered the house.

"Sit down," said the man, gesturing to a chair. Duinihir sat immediately.

"Sir, I see that you have some skill in magic," began Duinihir.

"And so I do," replied the old man. “I once lived in the East, where the Blue Wizards resided. That was back in my youth. As a young man, I took study under them, and learned much of the arts of magic. Alas, I learned too much. Agents of Sauron entered the east and began recruiting for their army. I joined their army, using my arts in the help of the Lord of the Black Land.”

“Sauron soon learned that a pupil of Pallando and Alatar was in his ranks. He bent his will towards me, and I was forced to reveal all I knew of the Blue Wizards, after which time, Sauron gave me a high rank as a sorceror, and had me instructed in lessons of dark sorcery.”

The old man stopped there, and showed no signs of continuing.

“What of that creature?” asked Duinihir.

After a pause the old man replied. “It is my creation. I made that creature for the use of Sauron’s armies in the subjugation of Middle Earth. But it was right as the creature was created, that the ring-bearer accomplished its purpose, and the Black Land was destroyed. At that moment, the spell of Sauron fell from me and I realized what I had done. I fled to these woods and was pursued by that creature. It has waxed greatly in power, and now I have barely the skill to defeat it when it preys upon travelers, much less destroy it.”

“It is not as strong as a dragon, for I have not that much skill in sorcery.”

“Alas, it is my fate now to never leave this place and guard travelers from this creature.”

With that, the old man finished his story.

Duinihir paused and though for a moment. The old man must come with him, that he was sure. But would he come willingly?

“Sir, my captain bid me to bring you to him. Will you come?”

The old man thought for a moment. “I will come.”

Just as the sun began to set, Duinihir returned to camp with the old man.

Walking up to Silvarin, Duinihir said, “I have completed your task.”

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing