LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
mm doughnuts
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:49 pm
--- description ---
This is my attempt at a forestgul deck that doesn’t cost a fortune
--- end description ---

Shadow (38 cards)

Minions
x2 The Witch-king, Black Lord
x1 The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul
x2 Ulaire Toldea, Wraith on Wings
x2 Ulaire Enquea, Black Threat
x1 Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
x2 Ulaire Attea, Thrall of the One
x2 Ulaire Attea, Second of the Nine Riders
x2 Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
x2 Ulaire Otsea, Seventh of the Nine Riders
x2 Ulaire Lemenya Lieutenant of Morgul
x2 Ulaire Nertea, Servant of the Shadow

Conditions
x3 Ghastly Host
x2 Moving This Way
x2 Lost in the Woods
x3 More Unbearable
x2 Unending Life
x1 Sense of Obligation

Events
x3 There Came a Cry
x1 Dark Approach
x1 Morgul Gates

Sites
Buckland Homestead
Courtyard Parapet

Forests

Suggested Twilight-adding sites:
Fangorn Glade, Fortress of Orthanc, Gate of Mordor, Sirannon Ruins

The reason I didn’t use 4x dark approach is it’s like $7.00 and I’m on a budget. I’m trying to use the cheapest cards possible, except cards I already have.

bid to go second

Objectives
Filter out as many freeps cards as possibe, and use isildur, heir of elendil for hand extention

Play all conditions, get tokens on more unbearable for initiative, use there came a cry to max out threats for ghastly host

Use the witch-king, black lord or the witch-king, lord of the nazgul to exhaust the ring-bearer

Use the witch-king, lord of the nazgul, sense of obligation or ulaire attea, second of the nine riders (and your opponent’s bid, if they bid too) to add at least three burdens

Keep companions in check with ulaire enquea, lieutenant of morgul and unending life

Play forests if you’re behind; if not, don’t double

When you’re ready, make you’re opponent move into whichever of the suggested twilight-adding sites gives you the most twilight. cycle your hand with moving this way until you get Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders and play him with a dark approach for 1. Switch the site to Buckland homestead. Whenever I say play a minion, cycle using moving this way to get it, and if the angle is out, draw a card. Play ulaire toldea, wraith on wings for 0, using the site to discard a condition. Use ghastly host to play ulaire nertea, servant of the shadow for 0. Use ghastly host to play ulaire lemenya, lieutenant of morgul for 2. Play ulaire enquea, black threat for 0 using ghastly host and toil. Then play ulaire ostea, seventh of the nine riders with ghastly host for 2, spotting the exhausted ring-bearer for his card-drawing ability. Play the witch-king, black lord with ghastly forabout 3, depending on how many wounds the exhusted ring-bearer has. Finally, play either ulaire attea for 4 using morgul gates. This costs, in total, anywhere between 9 and 13.

After the FP player has assigned your minions, assign the rest to the ring-bearer. Transfer a lost in the woods to the RB. You should easily overwhelm him/her: lemenya makes the RB -2 strength, and each of the 4 or so nazgul on the RB get big strength boosts.

Is this expanded legal?

Help greatly appreciated Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Last edited by mm doughnuts on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:52 pm; edited 15 times in totalOnly those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
Anautikus
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:17 pm
more unbearable to make sure u have initiative for attea?

what about big fellowships? maybe a shotgun enquea to keep big ones in check.
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
mm doughnuts
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:29 pm
yeah, I got more unbearable. Shotgun enquea’s a good idea, but that would get rid of all the threats. I’ll search for a card to discard companions.

Thanks! GP
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
Anautikus
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:31 pm
np. yea to swarm ur gonna have to keep companion # in check.
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

mm doughnuts
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:41 pm
ah, the only companion discarder I found was beauty is fading Neutral
I’ll just use shotgun enquea and re-add the threats. 2 enqueas, you think?
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
Anautikus
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:02 pm
2 sounds good. u can even go with 1, since not too many ppl use big companion FPs. that’s just where i play; i’m the only one with 5+ companions Very Happy
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

mm doughnuts
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:24 am
hmm Think how about 1 shotgun enquea and 2 unending life, so there’s a constant reminder not to play 6 companions? That’s 37 cards, but moving this way cycles like crazy

I can’t find my the witch-king, lord of the nazgul Sad so I replaced it with x2 sense of obligation
Trade With Me!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:05 pm
Maybe Ithil Stone.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
mm doughnuts
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:01 pm
Never mind, I found my the witch-king, lord of the nazgul Very Happy It was in a deck I let my sister borrow a long time ago, and I haven’t played nazzies since.

NB: ithil stone would be nice, if I can get my hands on it. I’m pretty much on a basis where I can’t buy cards over $1.00 or $1.50 unless I really have to (or once in a while). So in all my decks with cards more expensive than that, it means I have them already.
Trade With Me!
maxidoodle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:11 am
I don’t see anything on here that makes this illegal for expanded...

Although, making an efficient forest-gul swarm on a budget is tough. Hope it works out. Make sure you pack Moving this Way, especially with a shadow side over 34 cards.
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded