LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:52 pm
Olorin wrote:

There is no need to give Galadriel RB such a strong card...

A three strength Ring-bearer. I think she could use a little help.

Quote:
it is an artifact - how should I discard it... the elves have already so much Artifacts for the support area...

Look at Gondor, buddy. They got way more.

Quote:
with this card, Galadriel can’t be corrupted (res. +2)

Galadriel starts with 3 resistance (while she can spot herself, 4). Whereas Gondor R-b’s get 6 to start and have Scroll of Isildur.

Quote:
Galadriel + Silver Ewer + Celebring + The one Ring (9r+??) = with this cards, Galadriel ist Strength 8 (3+2+2+1) until the end of the turn...

Isildur has 13 while whipping around Narsil. Not to mention with certain Armors, horses, brands, and bows he could have 18. Not counting however much the Ring gives.

Quote:
and if you play attunement, which can easily make her Strength +10 Galadriel overwhelms some Nazgul...

My friend runs an Aragorn-Elendil-Isildur deck. He gets Flaming Brand on Isildur and he kills any nazgul he’s assigned to every site. Whereas attunement needs a major setup to do that.

Quote:
and she has at the average (5 comps, Silver Ewer, Asfaloth) Resistance 11

Isildur with Ring of Rings and Scroll could have 11. Besides, who puts Asfaloth on Galadriel?

Quote:
In addition to that, each time you play an Skirmish event, you may reinforc a token!!

This is simply what it takes to get Elven tokens Teir 1. Do you want me to have to use Hearth and Hall all my life?

Quote:
I’ve never seen such a broken card like that!

Look at the Faithful Stone. THAT’s what broken looks like.

Quote:
if you place 2 cards with Nenya, Ring of Adamant on the top of your draw deck and there are already 2 elven cards on the top you can also exert Elrond, Witness of History to place 2 elven cards from the discard pile on the top of your draw deck. and if you play still needed (you may place in on the top of your draw deck, when you play it), you have at least 2+2+2+1 = 7 elven cards on the top: this means, you may make Galadriel Strength + 16!

At the cost of two Elven cards (probably events by the time the maneuver pahse rolls around), two exertions on a companion (Elrond) it seems sorta fair to me. With the 2 cards and 2 wounds any other deck could do just about the same, I bet. And if you’re lucky enough to have two Elven cards on the top all the time, run elves all the time because it’s hard for me to get even one (there is a 50% chance, give or take depending on how the game’s gone, that the top card will be freeps or shadow. Two in a row is even less).

Quote:
and if you are lucky and you got Sauron on the top of your draw deck and you discard Vilya, you may make a minion strength - 18! ... So Galadriel is Strength 18 + 16 = 34!!

Besides Gandalf, Manager of Wizards there’s about a 4/60 (reduced to 1/15) chance that a card you have 4 copies of will pop up at the top of your deck. More of a chance depending on hand size and card draws, but you get the point. Who uses Sauron, anyways?

Quote:
perhaps the whole Elven culture is a broken culture! Think We MUST BAN this card!!!

Go Ban the whole Orc culture. It’s more broken than this a thousand times over.

Quote:
2.) Frenzy Arrows (at least errata)
this card should be r-listed or needs an errata!

I agree with the errata here.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Hey, I’m all for banning the Elves! Razz

seconded Wink

BLASPHEMERS! HERETICS! BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!

You guys hurt my feelings.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
OneFathom
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 pm
What about the new Gil-Galad and Ancient Blade?? Take a look at my comment on the Gil-Galad spoiler...
Olorin
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:23 am
Oh my god, I’m too late! The Elves got you! Laughing
You’re right, Gondor has got many Artifacts; but no one is such powerful than the Artifacts of the Elves. by the way, have you ever played against a strong Elven-Deck? They are so hard to kill (and I think, I got a very strong shadow site), an then they get so strong cards, I can’t understand!
I’ve been playing against strong knights, rangers, rohan and shire - but no one is so tough than the Elves.

I’ve to apologize for my bad english - I’m from Austria (central Europe) - I hope you won’t mind...
Do anyone of you speak German? in this case, you should visit "www.nine-walkers.de" - that’s a platform like this...
Does anyone of you participate on the european LOTR TCG championship in Berlin?
Foresight
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:59 am
Olorin wrote:
You’re right, Gondor has got many Artifacts; but no one is such powerful than the Artifacts of the Elves. by the way, have you ever played against a strong Elven-Deck? They are so hard to kill (and I think, I got a very strong shadow site), an then they get so strong cards, I can’t understand!
I’ve been playing against strong knights, rangers, rohan and shire - but no one is so tough than the Elves.

I gotta agree with you on this one, the Elves are very hard to beat when they get set up! But so are Gondor knights, a Durin III deck, a good Shire deck, ect. The Elves have strength reduction going for them, which really is a lot more powerful than giving them a strength boost like the rest of the cultures. It increases chances of overwhelming! I can’t tell you how many games I’ve lost against an Elladan/Elrohir deck because of those strength reductions! Or Arwen, Staunch Defender in a deck that also has sitepath manipulation forest nazgul. Those forest Elves are hard to contend with, no doubt about it!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Hey, I’m all for banning the Elves! Razz

seconded Wink

BLASPHEMERS! HERETICS! BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!

You guys hurt my feelings.

Laughing How did I know that was coming?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I never said anything about banning elf lvrs Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:04 pm
OneFathom wrote:
What about the new Gil-Galad and Ancient Blade?? Take a look at my comment on the Gil-Galad spoiler...

Wow, I didn’t notice that combo. Yeah, that regroup ability is pretty bad... too abusable.

Olorin wrote:

I disagree. Every good fellowship ought to be impossible to beat down once it gets set up. Look at Shire cancelling decks, Dwarf token or strength decks, Knights, Three Hunters... If you really want to beat elves, pull a corruption deck. They have no burden removal! Except for Elf-Song in expanded. You’ve just got to know how to get at them. Corsairs who pack Fierce in Despair, why, they can get an elf brother and game over! Smack down an Ugluk with Violent hurl early game, and you have a shot at killing one easily! You just have to take them the right way, as with any deck.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Yeah, every deck has a weakness.... You just have to exploit it.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:00 am
Glamdring wrote:
Kind of like rock really doesn’t like paper and paper doesn’t really like scissors and scissors really don’t like rock?
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Glamdring wrote:
Kind of like rock really doesn’t like paper and paper doesn’t really like scissors and scissors really don’t like rock?

uh sure. except it generally isn’t that easy Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit