LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:32 pm
--- description ---
Dwarves and a shadow side that have a symbiotic relationship.
--- end description ---

Adventure Path

0 Abandoned Mine Shaft
0 The Bridge of Khazad-dum
1 Watch-Tower of Cirith Ungol
1 Cavern Entrance
2 Barazinbar
2 Moria Stairway
2 Window on the West
3 Caves of Aglarond
3 Moria Guardroom

Free Peoples (34)

Starting Fellowship (2)

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Brand, King of Dale
Thorin III, Stonehelm

Companions (5)

Dwarven Warrior x4
Gandalf, Leader of the Company

Conditions (6)

Proud and Able x2
Dwarven Skill x4

Events (11)

No Pauses, No Spills
Argument Ready to Hand x2 (Meta card)
Honed x4
Nobody Tosses a Dwarf x4

Possessions (7)

Axe of Khazad-dum x3
Dwarven Bracers x2
Belt of Erebor x2

Artifacts (3)

Ring of Fury
Ring of Artifice
Ring of Guile

Strategy

Brand helps boost Thorin III’s strength from the very get-go. In competitive play, try to bid to go first, but you don’t need to. Gandalf, Leader of the Company also helps to get Thorin III’s strength in the heavens. Get all your possessions on Thorin III first, then start playing them on Gimli, then start playing them on your assorted Dwarven Warriors. Only play the extra Axe of Khazad-dum I have in there on a Dwarven Warrior. (Dwarven Warriors are cannon fodder, I sacrifice them to the Saurons/Trolls that appear. Razz) Basically try to win as many skirmishes as you can with Thorin III, use Nobody Tosses a Dwarf to discard cards from the top of their deck, and that’s all you need to do here.

Shadow (34)

Minions (22)

Scurrying Goblin x4
Watchful Orc x4
Mocking Goblin x3
Morgul Tormentor x4
Isengard Underling x4
Orkish Smith x3

Conditions (8 )

Orkish Camp x2
The Beckoning Shadow x2
Goblin Hordes x4

Events (4)

Bound to its Fate x4

Strategy

Tease them as much as you can with Bound to its Fate. Use the Underlings to get them back and replay for burden-adding fun. Morgul Tormentor helps to get rid of cards from their hand. Scurrying Goblin adds more twilight for you to use with the Underlings/BtiFs. Orkish Camp prevents them from switching out the underground sites you put on the path. With the Dwarven side listed above, it shouldn’t be too hard to pull off The Beckoning Shadow.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:00 pm
Hunters Gorbag is good in this shadow.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 pm
Gorbag, Filthy Rebel is good in this shadow. oops I double posted. d'oh!
LOOK HERE:
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:34 pm
How? He discards cards, sure. But my meta has only ONE deck that has hunter companions. If not, I’d pretty much have to build my deck around Gorbag, Filthy Rebel just to get some use out of him. If I do that, I can deck them faster. But that raises one problem. How does one add burdens for The Beckoning Shadow if there’s no Shadow card in sight that adds burdens? You see, with Bound to its Fate, I can not only make them discard cards, I also make them eventually add burdens. Two choices that make it a win-win situation for this decktype. Gorbag just doesn’t work.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:42 pm
I am just saying that he is good at getting som cards out of people’s decks and you probably run into Thorongil so when you play him thats 2 cards and he is still a 13 strength minion. You could drop a couple Watchful orcs for 2 Gorbags. He does work. Shocked Abiding evil.
LOOK HERE:
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:16 pm
Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace + Lurkers is cool.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:19 pm
Ok guys, FYI, I’m trying to get The Beckoning Shadow to actually go off. Not to shoot down your suggestions, but they aren’t great minion options for this deck. Sure, they’re other paths I could take if the deck’s only reason for being was to wipe the opponent’s deck out. But burdens need to be added from somewhere; and maybe if you guys can throw in burden-adding options along with your minion suggestions, that would be great.
Last edited by Foresight on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 pm
Muahaha. Cave Troll of Moria + Lurkers w/ Mordor Scimitars plus...drum roll...

RETRIBUTION!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:22 pm
Ok, so we have to cross our fingers and hope that 8-9 power minions will win skirmishes? Then, we also have to hope the Free Peoples player don’t have condition or possession discarding. Unfortunately, my meta includes a lot of both. Sad I realize that’s a problem with The Beckoning Shadow, but that’s why I hold it until I know it will go off (Or if I’m facing Dwarven or Shire decks, then I’ll just play it).
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:28 pm
To get it to go off you have to wipe out thier deck I think you will have the 5 burdens before you wipe the deck. Orc Crusher, Orc miscreant (sucks) and if you have abiding evil your minions will win.
LOOK HERE:

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard