LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:13 pm
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and Ring
Frodo, Weary from the Journey
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom (I use ATAR instead since I don’t have TROD)

Free Peoples (33)
Smeagol, Pitiable Guide (starting)
Aragorn, Thorongil (starting)
Deagol, Fateful Finder x2
Anduril, Sword That Was Broken
Aragorn’s Bow x2
Sting, Elven Long Knife
Come Away
Don’t Look at Them x2
Nice Fish x3
No Stranger to the Shadows
There’s Another Way x4
Naked Waste x4
Nasty x2
Out of All Knowledge x2
Still Far Ahead x2 (another possibility is One Good Turn Deserves Another)
Swear By the Precious x4

Basically, you choke with 3 companions, Come Away, and No Stranger to the Shadows. Anything that is played can either get eaten up by Thorongil + his Bow, or they can be killed by Don’t Look at Them. Duality gets rid of Shadow cards, Swear by the Precious kills attacks that have multiple minions, and Naked Waste is a nice pump for Frodo or Smeagol. Nice Fish provides healing. Deagol can play Anduril, Sting, or Aragorn’s Bow; whichever is most useful at the time. Dammed Gatestream can play a Gollum card that you want.

I’ve playtested the deck with proxies and it works really well (especially with Forest Guls as the Shadow).

For the site path, I always include Dammed Gatesteam. Other than that it doesn’t really matter, so you can include all-around helpful sites (like Neekerbreekers’ Bog or West Gate of Moria) or some sites to help your Shadow.

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 3 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
menace64
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:51 pm
I like it! Add in the bonus of having some real LotR flavor (Aragorn’s hunt and interrogation of Smeagol during FotR) and you get yourself a GP .
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Looks cool! as with all your decks what is the price in USD?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:45 pm
Whoa! I’ve always like choke builds, and this one’s way cooler than Solo Smeagol. Have a GP!
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:38 am
Thanks guys!

SoP: The current price appears to be $55.65. This price can be dropped considerably if you switch these cards:

The One Ring, The Ring of Doom to The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles or The One Ring, The Ruling Ring
Anduril, Sword that Was Broken to Gondorian Blade
Aragorn’s Bow x2 to Countdown - Aragorn’s Bow x2
Still Far Ahead x2 to One Good Turn Deserves Another x2 or Pathfinder x2
Aragorn, Thorongil to Aragorn, Heir to the Throne of Gondor or Aragorn, Ranger of the North

That could drop the price down $29.45 to a total price of $26.20. The deck wouldn’t be quite as good, but it’d still be a great deck.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:49 am
I’m actually thinking that Aragorn, Heir to the Throne of Gondor would be better in the deck. He’d be Hunter 2 and defender +1 (or +2 if I can spot 2 Shadow cultures), compared to Hunter 2 and a add-a-threat-to-exert-a-minion ability. Thorongil’s ability is nice, but with only 3 companions and no threat removal in the deck it won’t be used much.

Thoughts?

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:27 pm
I agree with you AC. The Aragorn, heir to the throne of gondor probably would work better in this build as you don’t have to add threats and such. That’s my opinion. But, I have to admit, you’re a better deck-builder than I am. Congratulations on all the cool decks!
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:42 pm
Quick note: when playing multiplayer, don’t use Duality, because even if you discard one Shadow player’s cards there will still be another with stuff to play. Very Happy

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:14 am
Okay, I switched Smeagol to the new Smeagol from Age’s End (so that he can shuffle back into deck all the nice Gollum events). Since Smeagol, Pitiable Guide pretty much makes Sting, Baggins Heirloom worthless, I changed it to Sting, Elven Long Knife (combos very nicely with Aragorn, Thorongil!).

I’m also considering dropping Duality x4 and adding a combination of Nasty and Out of All Knowledge.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:58 am
this is a sweet deck gp for you
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded