LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
syndrome
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:13 pm
I was just wondering if anyone else thinks goblins should get their own minion type. I for one think they should as they are different... Uruks are modified Orcs, and they get their own type, goblins are evolved orcs... as such, they also should get their own type.

thoughts?
http://myspace/delicatesituation
hblika
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:29 pm
I think it's easier to explain Goblins in the Orc culture, than trolls and half-trolls Wink
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
dexterngo
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:50 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
Phazanzar wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone else thinks goblins should get their own minion type. I for one think they should as they are different... Uruks are modified Orcs, and they get their own type, goblins are evolved orcs... as such, they also should get their own type.

thoughts?

i'd rather have them as culture specific, like moria , isengard and sauron. not just one orc culture type
Do or do not, there is no try
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:19 pm
Yeah, I preferred the old culture distinctions, where Orcs and their pals were divided based on allegiance. It would also make sense to divide them by race -- Orcs, Goblins, Uruk-hai, Trolls.

Lumping them all together into an "Orc" culture was a silly and pointless move, in my opinion... but we also got a MUCH-improved site path system in the same set, so I forgave them. Wink
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
syndrome
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:27 am
Aye, I love the new site style. I'm not liking the no-more-moria-cards deal tho Sad
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:14 am
I agree that the new sitepath system is FAR better than the original, allthough I hope there will be some rule change preventing people from playing the same site over and over and over again. I just don't see the fun in the Nelya/Buckland Homestead and Solo Smeagol/Caras Galdhon...
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
dexterngo
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:57 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
Cobra wrote:
Yeah, I preferred the old culture distinctions, where Orcs and their pals were divided based on allegiance. It would also make sense to divide them by race -- Orcs, Goblins, Uruk-hai, Trolls.

Lumping them all together into an "Orc" culture was a silly and pointless move, in my opinion... but we also got a MUCH-improved site path system in the same set, so I forgave them. Wink

i miss moria!!!!
Do or do not, there is no try
syndrome
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:41 pm
hblika wrote:
I agree that the new sitepath system is FAR better than the original, allthough I hope there will be some rule change preventing people from playing the same site over and over and over again. I just don't see the fun in the Nelya/Buckland Homestead and Solo Smeagol/Caras Galdhon...
I don't think that's legal...

Even if it is, you can only play 3 of the site max... as you can only have 3 sites that have the same twilight cost.
Earthshaker
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:58 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
I don't think that's legal...

Even if it is, you can only play 3 of the site max... as you can only have 3 sites that have the same twilight cost.[/quote]

I don't think he means you put 3 (or more) same sites in your sitepath (which is indeed not legal..) but you play the same site over and over. With traveled leader and ranger of westernesse and minions which have the ability to change the site.
So it looks your opponent walks only on 1 site Smile ....I like it Wink
david_robertson
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:11 pm
yeah, but the diffenrent sites add more fun to the gaming - I don't like any of these site-changing strategies, especially when I have to pass three times the same site - going round and round in the silver moonlight... Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Laughing
East Stirling FC RULES!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion