LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The Balrog, Demon of Might?

5 (Best)  
88%
  [ 22 ]  88%

12%
  [ 3 ]  12%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 25
MADG0BLIN
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:27 am
Joined: 18 May 2007 Posts: 108 Location: The Netherlands, Emmeloord

Nice card, maybe a bit overpowered.
From the shadow side it’s a very good card on underground sites, no archery, no maneuver wounding and no small characters can be assigned.
Maybe with site manipulation you can get around him.
And he is not that expensive so the damage+2 and fierce will hurt when you play him. Decks with orcs that can also take advantage of underground sites can use him properly.
I would certainly use him, but would not be happy facing him at an underground site.
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:34 am
He is nowhere near overpowered. But at LAST we have a Balrog that will make a difference. One that can actually put a beatdown on some companions. With his 14 twilight I might splash one or two in a couple different decks. He’s big and hurts big companions without being shot or discarded (FINNALLY!) and I cant wait to use him.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
Leliel
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:49 am
And wounderful pic too Mr. Green
"The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times."
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:56 am
Leliel wrote:
And wounderful pic too Mr. Green

Oh yeah. It might actually be my favorite LOTR pic ever. I can’t wait to see it foiled.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the foil of that, that would be cool wicked sweet card
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:02 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Holy buckets I want that card..
Anyway this is what the Balrog should be..good stats and nice ability.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:48 am
Cool Balrog. At first glance, he looks overpowered, but compare to the other Balrogs, he has no twilight reduction, and is 14. The only other Balrog that fits this criterion is The Balrog, Flame of Udun. And that Balrog is more powerful than this one, in the right deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:08 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
And yet Elven Armaments remains "the most broken card in existence". LOTR players never cease to amaze me.

This is an awesome Balrog, probably one of the best variations out there! Sure, it can get wounded, exerted in Skirmish, but now he can’t be discarded or returned to hand during Maneuver!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:03 pm
YOOWWW!! Nice one!

Just the perfect card, but really overpowered skipping the Maneuver.

My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
spartiatis
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:18 pm
And then your opponent uses The Faithful Stone to prevent him from being assigned to a skirmish Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End