LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is Legolas, Skeptical Guide?

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 3 ]  16%

44%
  [ 8 ]  44%

33%
  [ 6 ]  33%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
MADG0BLIN
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 am
Joined: 18 May 2007 Posts: 108 Location: The Netherlands, Emmeloord

I wouldn’t prefer this card. Two threats for just one wound?
There are much better ones around then this one.
It’s nice that he is standard archer, but you can use other ones for that with better extra abillities.

Again nice picture of him though. Smile
Leliel
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:09 am
He would have been a good card if it was one threat one wound.
"The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times."
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 am
Well, then he would have been TOO good. He’d have basically been Aragorn’s bow only better ’cause you could wound any minion. I think this version is pretty cool, if you have some good threat remove, like into the west. I like him alot. He’s my favorite out of the given companions in this set.
Dravius
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:38 am
He’s like greenleaf, with one more reistance and the fellowship keyword, and you don’t have to exert him, (mauhur, relentless hunter would love and exhausted greenleaf) so hey can both fight and deal archery wounds. poeple tend to forget how dangerous it can be to put a lot of exertions on greenleaf, orkish lakey or horribly strong would just love to see an exhausted greenleaf.

For those reasons, this can be a cool companion to splash, he is versatile.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:42 am
Dravius wrote:
He’s like greenleaf, with one more reistance and the fellowship keyword, and you don’t have to exert him, (mauhur, relentless hunter would love and exhausted greenleaf) so hey can both fight and deal archery wounds. poeple tend to forget how dangerous it can be to put a lot of exertions on greenleaf, orkish lakey or horribly strong would just love to see an exhausted greenleaf.

For those reasons, this can be a cool companion to splash, he is versatile.

Very well pointed!! I like the greenleaf feel they gave him!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
pic=rockdome
ability=not broken balanced and has quite a bit of utility.
Lore=fine by me!

great card
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:28 pm
In a threat removal-focused Freeps side, this Legolas has the potential to be even BETTER than greenleaf. You can add up to 8 threats (4 wounds!) at a time, but what shuts Legolas down is a threat-adding minion side. Sad He’s great overall, but the lack of a synergy with the fellowship keyword with the other fellowship companions will influence my ratings on all the new fellowship companions. Effectively dropping them all by 1 than what I normall would have rated them. This leaves good ol’ Age’s End Legolas, a 3.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 pm
Legolas wouldn’t work well in most Free Peoples archery decks. First of all, he has a MAJOR conflict with Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow.

Even if that’s not a big deal, He could only dish out 2-3 wounds, on average. (provided if you have threat removal.)

My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
raptor22
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:18 pm
He’s not at all bad as a splash. Remember, you don’t have to use his ability to get a wound from him (like the Elven hunters), and he can wound any minion with his ability, Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow can’t.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:52 am
A good solid card, very balanced, but he won’t work well with Aragorn, Thorongil or Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow.

He is a nice splash in Standard format.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End