LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is Gandalf, Wise Guide?

5 (Best)  
72%
  [ 13 ]  72%

11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

16%
  [ 3 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
raptor22
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Good bye Frenzy of Arrows, and Final Triumph, and any other suprise events that might turn up. Good splash Gandy with the 8 strength and 7 resistance and good non-broken counter to some VERY broken cards.

I give him a 5 for his spashability. Too bad fellowship doesn’t really do anything...
Last edited by raptor22 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:25 pm
Nice card.

Premium??? First time since mount doom since we’ve had that rarity. Is D going away with the S-rarity, I wonder.

4.5, rounded to 5.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:03 pm
I like this it is fitting of a wizard. I think it could have been one exsertiion though. Use him and Moment of Respite and he could be pretty sweet. Like the stats.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I wuv every aspect of him. nough said.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:01 am
one exertion would have made him broken. i like him a lot. probably not the best, but that extra strength comes in handy. and with the new bag of herbs or whatever, he gets some extra vitality to further use his ability. Thumbs Up from me.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:16 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Celebrimbor wrote:
Nice card.

Premium??? First time since mount doom since we’ve had that rarity. Is D going away with the S-rarity, I wonder.

4.5, rounded to 5.

It’s because all of Age’s End is P. There’s no normal release for it.

Good card, and I mean...how can you not like an 8 strength Gandalf??
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:33 pm
One of the few cards in the set that actually does something useful without being overpowered. A really cool ability.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:04 am
Wow. I need a lot of him for my decks! Use Narya and Gandalf’s Staff for extra vitality and you won’t be troubled by stupid events like Saruman’s Power or Frenzy of Arrows! Twisted Evil

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:19 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Wow. I need a lot of him for my decks! Use Narya and Gandalf’s Staff for extra vitality and you won’t be troubled by stupid events like Saruman’s Power or Frenzy of Arrows! Twisted Evil

- AC

Radagast Herb Bag and Shadow fax help too. Smile
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Wow! This Gandalf is probably the second most awesome Gandalf I have ever seen! Great event prevention ability, I’ll give it a 5.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End