LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is Pippin, Steadfast Friend?

5 (Best)  
41%
  [ 5 ]  41%

41%
  [ 5 ]  41%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
redoschi
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:47 pm
scourging of the shire is a tale too so it adds to pippin AND protects your other shire tales!

everyone knows + little golden flower + everyone knows + scourging of the shire + Faithful stone = a big pippin with several other fun stuff to do!

for me there are 2 main fellowship companions: pippin and gandalf! the rest are nice companions, but these 2 are great! They also work pretty well with Rabbit Stew (pippin wins skirmishes without problems and it heals gandalf to allow extra event prevention and transfers to pippin again to make him always healthy for everyone knows)

A 5!
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:31 am
Hey, sounds like an excellent set-up, hadn’t thought of that one Very Happy
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:31 am
That is rather cool. Its an amusing idea a "pippin tank" but ever so slightly unrealistic. At what point in the films did pippin get beefed up and take on several large minions? Ok so he killed an orc when it was after gandalf. But a pippin TANK? Come on... Razz
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:06 am
Lol and having Elendil, Boromir and Aragorn in the same fellowship isn’t?! Very Happy
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:15 am
Not the point and you know it! Shhh

Pippin should not be over 10 strength or whatever the hell ridiculous he can get to! Confused
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:26 am
Hahaha I know what you mean, I was just kidding.

However, I agree. I really think they should have capped it as well, so it was more in line with (another retro card) Pippin, Sworn to Service. That way, he can be stronger, but it would be more along the lines of +3 at most and is, like th set should be, emulating some of the older cards. Though thinking about it, pippin, StS is still standard Confused I think I might just get a marker and cap my own copy Very Happy
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:51 am
What would you cap it at as a matter of interest?

I forgot to vote. Ill give him 5 as he’s well playable in my opinion.
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:56 am
I’d probably cap it at +3 or +4. Probably +3. He would be similar to Pippin, StS I guess, but he would be more useful in an all-hobit deck at least. More so than Pippin, StS as I don’t think Hobbits really use threats much
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:19 am
Hmm interesting. The thing that worries me is as others have said it doesnt say Shire tale. So drop multi copies of stuff like til durin wakes and bang +4 for free. Could so a (semi) solo pippin kinda thing with 20 odd strength easy.

Are you getting my PM’s BoQ?
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:29 am
Yeah, that is a big problem. Would be good in an old FotR block Dwarf tale deck I had with Gloin, Friend of Thorin. At least he was capped. Think it is For each Dwarven tale you can spot, Gloin is strength +1 (total 4).

Yeah I am LH, it is just finding some time to reply back! Will try and get my list sorted in a bit. Need to get my trade page at the site you sent me sorted, once have conf

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End