LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Shadows
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:43 pm
--- description ---
A variation on the orc wounding deck.
--- end description ---

There’s not Treachery and Deceit cards in here, because my local store hasn’t got them yet (and I don’t know if the local play group will even use them when they are availible)

Total:34

Minions:
Black Gate Sentry x4
Black Land Overlord x4
Orkish Smith x4
Orkish Lackey x4
Black Land Chieftain x2
Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Events:
Captured by the Ring x4
Dread and Despair x2
Conditions:
Goblin Hordes x4
Unforgiving Depths x3
Fat One Wants It x2

The strategy is fairly simple, pile on the threats with Gollum (will be changed for Threatening Guide post ages end) using Captured by the Ring/ Fat one wants it engine.

The black land chieftain can also add threats if playing either a gondor or dwarf fellowship with ease.

The aim is then to play a Black Land Overlord and a couple Orkish Lackey, then exhaust as many companions as threats will allow, then blow the lackeys up.

Goblin Hordes/ Unforgiving Depths/ Orkish Smith combo recycles the Lackey’s and Overlord’s for constant abuse. The Black Gate Sentry is useful for being a direct wounding lure, and can help finish off companions.

Overcomes the Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings issue of being exerted in Manuever, but you could always add a couple copies of him in instead of Black Gate Sentry, I just don’t own any. The combo is much cheaper as well, as for 7 twilight you can get Gollum (adding 2 threats if fat one wants it is out) an overlord and a lackey - which is enough to kill any 3 vitality companion.

Dread and Despair discards nasty conditions.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:52 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Troll of the Deep, cave troll from ages end could be...useful.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard