LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

40%
  [ 2 ]  40%

60%
  [ 3 ]  60%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:24 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
--- description ---
Ninja and Gollum don’t always go together, there are others including Isengard Orc!
--- end description ---
If I said the word Ninja, most of you would think either 1. Ninja Gollum or 2, an ancient Japanese warrior. Now, most of you are probably familiar with Nina Gollum decks, if not Ninja Gollum revolves around wounding companions to death using cards like Frenzied Attack or Promise keeping. Well is that the only Ninja Deck that you can use? NO there are many others, and this is a look at the Isengard Version, Ninja Isengard Orc.

Well all ninja decks need cards with wounding right? Well let’s look at some of them

Minions

Isengard Worker, Isengard Servant, Orc Commander, and Isengard Retainer.

These minions have the first wounding ability of this deck, exert this minion to wound a companion, plus, Orc Commander gives a Nice Strength boost.

Isengard Artisan, Isengard Plodder, and Isengard Mechanics
These three have the background to the above, discarding Isengard Orcs for wounds.

Orc Overseer
This guy helps kill companions by exhausting them with his ability.

Saruman, Master of Foul Folk

He helps keep you orcs healthy especially the ones that need to exert to use their abilities.

Possessions
Scaffolding
This card will help keep your minions alive untill the regroup phase.

Events

Caradhras has not Forgiven us
Nice card to drop the number of people you need to kill by discarding the exhausted companions.

Fires and Foul Fumes
This is the best card in this deck, as it can kill almost any companion, just discard 4 Isengard Orcs and you get to wound a companion 4 times (except the Ring-Bearer).

The Trees are Strong
Nice card with the most potential wounds, by discarding x orcs, you can make the Free Peoples player assign x wounds. The only downside to this card is that the Free Peoples gets to assign the wounds.

Conditions

Tower of Orthanc
This card adds some nice twilight, 3, which allows you to play extra orcs, which means more wounds.

Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning
This card is nice, it’s the card that Isengard Tender needs to use his ability, plus allows you to play key orcs from your discard pile.

Final Deck-list-45

Minions-30
Isengard Worker x3
Isengard Retainer x3
Isengard Servant x3
Orc Commander x3
Orc Overseer x3
Isengard Artisan x3
Isengard Mechanics x3
Isengard Plodder x3
Saruman, Master of Foul Folk x3

Possessions-2
Scaffolding x2

Events-9
Caradhras Has Not Forgiven Us x3
Fires and Foul Fumes x3
The Trees are Strong x3

Conditions-4
Tower of Orthanc x2
Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning x2

Strategy
Now it seems like a lot of cards, but since Isengard Artisan, Mechanics, and Plodder will discard orcs like crazy, you’re good. Use Orc Overseer and Isengard Tender to exhaust companions, and Caradhras has not forgiven us to discard them, and if you don’t have one of those in hand, exert either Isengard Worker, Retainer, Servant, or Orc Commander to one vitilaty to wound a lot of companions, then you can use Isengard Artisan, Mechanics, or Plodder to recycle the exhausted orcs. Also, try and get a copy of Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning so you can stack orcs there and replay them with its ability! Plus if you run out of your discarding orcs, you also have Fires and Foul Fumes, as well as The Trees are Strong to discard more orcs!

Match-Up Section

Gondor Ranger
Hmm, hard as they might discard your minions early, try and play a lot so then they are forced to let some live, and if their playing with the IB, that makes your job a lot easier!

G for Trust Me
Well, this kind of deck, as it’s mostly strength adding, doesn’t really hurt at all, unless their playing a lot of Have Patience and Store-Room should be easy.

Rohan Beatdown
As this deck just adds lots of strength, it doesn’t hurt at all, you still should be able to wound a lot of people, unless they kill your orcs in the skirmish phase.

Archery
Hard, they’ll kill your chances by wounding people, because you can’t exert as much which for your cards that must exert, less wounds, and if their playing direct archery that would be bad ’cause they can kill key minions. of corse Sauruman and Scaffolding will help keep them alive, so maybe it won’t be that hard.

Elvent
One of the easier ones, since like a few above mostly adds strength then direct wounding, unless in open with Galadriel, Lady Redeemed would be bad.

Discard NPE
Hard, because it could discard key cards, however you can help this deck with the free peoples side by using Frodo, Courteous Halfling.

Well, as I stated above, this is just one of many different versions of this deck, so just test your own, and remember, if at first you don’t succeed, try try again!
Last edited by legoles3333 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:06 am; edited 7 times in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:46 am
A Ninja Isengard Orc deck is more commonly referred to as a Isengard Orc grind. Like Scouting Orc Grind and Orc Grind.

Nice article, try slimming down the deck, maybe cut the Isengard Tender and Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning. If you keep the tender, add Scaffolding.

Also, you have several typos.

Saruman, Master of Foul Folk would be nice as well...it would kill the double. If you use Scaffolding, it can play it back if discarded.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheJord
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:03 pm
Cool I always thought Isengard Orcs were rubbish.

My favourite typo, "Nina Gollum", wasnt she in Tekken??

And NB you can refer to Saruman as a he, only Lurtz gets the adrogynous description.
corvus
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:30 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
TheJord wrote:
My favourite typo, "Nina Gollum", wasnt she in Tekken??

That would be Nina Williams (what a pretty one too! And her sister? Awhh....)

Laughing Wink

OK. Lego, you need to make it a bit longer. Maybe add some more strategy, and definetely increase and improve the matchups section. I am gonna give you a decklist to work on, cause no offence, this one would never work... Neutral

Abandoning reason for madness x2

Coming for the Ring x3
Isengard Axe x3
Tower of Orthanc x2
Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning x2

Isengard Warrior x3
Orc Commander x2
Orc Overseer x2
Isengard Retainer x3
Isengard Servant x4
Isengard Worker x4
Isengard Mechanics x2
Isengard Plodder x2
Isengard Artisan x2

Hope you like it better... Wink
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
way to small. needs a lot more strategy.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:47 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Quote:
OK. Lego, you need to make it a bit longer. Maybe add some more strategy, and definetely increase and improve the matchups section. I am gonna give you a decklist to work on, cause no offence, this one would never work...

well it does work, it beats like 90 percent of the people in my meta only losing mainly to NPE extreme decks
Here's My Trade List
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:02 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Nice deck but the strategy article needs more .... strategy Laughing
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:48 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hmm...I dunno that there’s anything really new in this article. Isengard grind was a deck invented by D, and it’s been around ever since FOTR block. Not exactly the most current deck, IMO.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:20 pm
well i made an innocent mistake, i’ve never been on the D boards
Here's My Trade List
NBarden
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:43 pm
TheJord wrote:
And NB you can refer to Saruman as a he, only Lurtz gets the adrogynous description.

Saruman is a he, Saruman, Master of Foul Folk is an it. I don’t refer to my cards as actual beings, I tend to refer to them as pieces of cardboard...

An Legolas, you missed CG’s point. This deck is as old as LotR TCG itself.

But ts a good deck. I recommend Scaffolding....
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest